CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

to me Melee is a personality e-sport since it's just a single player and no teams

I guess Starcraft is a personality e-sport too, today I learned.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Literally every team I cheer for in anything does this to me, so I'm not surprised. I'm also a diehard Arkansas Razorback fan. Shit, even last year's NBA finals I decided to pull for the Warriors when they were up 3-1 and we all saw how that went down.

I was convinced I'd cursed Ogre 2 because I instantly became a Final Boss fan when I started watching Halo at the beginning of H3. :(

Hey man.  I have a court date coming up for a "no front license plate" ticket.  Do you think you can root for the cop for me?  Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 7

So I was on my phone during the break, and I look up to see T2 staring and saying exactly.

Anybody have a clip for context?

I guess Starcraft is a personality e-sport too, today I learned.

Ehh, where Starcraft was relevant, there were Team Leagues, where teams battled Pokemon Gauntlet style (field a player until they lose, when you're out of players you lose the match).

Ehh, where Starcraft was relevant, there were Team Leagues, where teams battled Pokemon Gauntlet style (field a player until they lose, when you're out of players you lose the match).

I know... about Team Leagues in Starcraft, actually the term Pro-League was invented in Brood War by Kespa, in Brood War the Team Leagues were more popular than the individual Leagues.

I was just making fun of this idiot about the "personality" Esport comment, I guess Tennis is a personality sport.

If Str8 gets relegated. Do you think the Org will stick around?

Can't ESL just change the rules to Str8 doesn't get relegated?

Isn't that how this whole thing works?

Literally every team I cheer for in anything does this to me, so I'm not surprised. I'm also a diehard Arkansas Razorback fan. Shit, even last year's NBA finals I decided to pull for the Warriors when they were up 3-1 and we all saw how that went down.

I was convinced I'd cursed Ogre 2 because I instantly became a Final Boss fan when I started watching Halo at the beginning of H3. :(

+rep for the hogs. Heres to another frustrating year

• Upvote (+1) 2

to me Melee is a personality e-sport since it's just a single player and no teams

:thinking:

CnizNOmUIAQWNXR.jpg

smash-bros-alliance-brothers.png

ChillinChuDat.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

wtf just happened

wtf just happened

It will all make sense soon, shhhhh

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know... about Team Leagues in Starcraft, actually the term Pro-League was invented in Brood War by Kespa, in Brood War the Team Leagues were more popular than the individual Leagues.

I was just making fun of this idiot about the "personality" Esport comment, I guess Tennis is a personality sport.

no. I was getting to the point that as an org you contract teams in CS, Overwatch, RL, DOTA, and then contract personalities in games like PUBG and Smash. IMO there is no reason for a big org to pick up any console E-Sport team. However, an org picking up Ninja would be advised. 

Hey man.  I have a court date coming up for a "no front license plate" ticket.  Do you think you can root for the cop for me?  Thanks!

Gotchu, fam.

I hate you and I hope he wins and you go to jail for 100 years

• Upvote (+1) 7

:thinking:

CnizNOmUIAQWNXR.jpg

smash-bros-alliance-brothers.png

ChillinChuDat.jpg

fine, but nobody cares about or watches a 2 player team. The bottom line is that all the viewers, and thus the ad revenue, is in CS, Overwatch, DOTA, Leauge, and RL

• Downvote (-1) 3

In case anyone was wondering, Optic is the best team in Halo still.

• Upvote (+1) 9

at this point Halo should just go back to H3. OG is so far ahead of the pack at H5 that it literally isn't fair. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you even go 24-7 against a team like Splyce? That's insanity. 

I know Str8 is locked in, but is Ronin locked into relegation now? Looking at the map ratios on HDH it looks like the worst EG can do is 12-16 and the best Ronin can do is 8-17.

fine, but nobody cares about or watches a 2 player team. The bottom line is that all the viewers, and thus the ad revenue, is in CS, Overwatch, DOTA, Leauge, and RL

Well yeah, but a Smash player is really cheap compared to a LoL team. You get more bang for your buck sponsoring a single player in a tier 2 game.