CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well I tried to do my civic duty and go to waypoint to post my opinion on future settings (PG radar/ no ar starts) cause that's pretty much the only place 343 looks at. First my favorite comment, "If the new radar showed all people moving (except for crouching/slow walk) it'd be just like a Halo game should be!!" 

Secondly, from what I read most want the PG radar to be a arena exclusive , but I saw no talks of no AR starts which worries me. I know beyond is the home of competitive Halo and we shouldn't have to but we should attempt to post more on waypoint. My .02 

Tried that. I would rather keep my braincells.

• Upvote (+1) 5

In my opinion, if they don't at least implement new radar and make autos map pickups in Team Arena (and official HCS gametypes) by the end of next week they're making a colossal mistake.

343 fucking up doesn't really surprise me anymore

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If autos aren't removed and the radar isn't modified, I can easily see myself never turning my Xbox on again.

I am getting to this point too. Carbines and BRs on Truth are seemingly more OP as the days go on as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I tried to do my civic duty and go to waypoint to post my opinion on future settings (PG radar/ no ar starts) cause that's pretty much the only place 343 looks at. First my favorite comment, "If the new radar showed all people moving (except for crouching/slow walk) it'd be just like a Halo game should be!!" 

Secondly, from what I read most want the PG radar to be a arena exclusive , but I saw no talks of no AR starts which worries me. I know beyond is the home of competitive Halo and we shouldn't have to but we should attempt to post more on waypoint. My .02 

I have probably 20 posts in that thread.  Go upvote me :)

I am getting to this point too. Carbines and BRs on Truth are seemingly more OP as the days go on as well.

BR is just easy mode. so sticky and so easy to get headshots.  It needs to be toned down in the aim assist/magnetism department.

Carbine imo is fine on the map IF and only if, its ammo get cut at least in half and it gets set to respawn every minute+ instead of every 15 seconds. A team can use it to control a tower for the entire damn game because there is so much ammo.  it should give you an advantage for a minute or less at a time, not 12 minutes straight.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If autos aren't removed and the radar isn't modified, I can easily see myself never turning my Xbox on again.

Ya, I'm to the point that unless halo 6 is actually halo or h3a is announced that my xbone won't ever be used again. It's already been turned off since December and even then it was just a short MCC session.

Ya, I'm to the point that unless halo 6 is actually halo or h3a is announced that my xbone won't ever be used again. It's already been turned off since December and even then it was just a short MCC session.

Yep I tried to play proving grounds last night and quit after 3 games. I just can't help but ask myself why the fuck I'm getting sprayed down by autos in competitive halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Why is the aiming still trash in this game?  Shouldn't that still be priority #1?

Should have been the most important thing before the game even came out. As a shooter, the aiming has to be perfect. Halo 4 didn't have that problem and I don't know why Halo 5 does. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should have been the most important thing before the game even came out. As a shooter, the aiming has to be perfect. Halo 4 didn't have that problem and I don't know why Halo 5 does. 

It's almost certainly something to do with the servers which is something Halo 4 didn't have to deal with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So while we are removing everything in the game. Can we talk about shotguns and scattershots because oh my god I hate those things. 

IMO

Rosters that will go unchanged:

Optic (obviously)

nV

Liquid

Str8

Splyce

Rosters that will change:

LG

CP

F/As:

Roy

Lunch

Commonly

Spartan

Contra

Devon

Tripppey

Suspector

My only predicted player change so far would be Suspector to CP replacing Str8Sick.

If we don't see Str8 and Splyce break up, while LG and CP just make a single change it will be really interesting to see how the last few teams form as most of the players have played together in Halo 5 with no real success. Can see players like Ryanoob, Prototype, Monster making their way onto squads with some of these players now.

I wouldnt be surprised if BUBU and Shotzzy tried to steal Renegade but who knows

• Upvote (+1) 1

So while we are removing everything in the game. Can we talk about shotguns and scattershots because oh my god I hate those things. 

I mean a bare bones Halo 5 would be my ideal, but it's unlikely they'll be willing to make radical changes like that.

If they remove autos, and remove/improve radar, I'll be satisfied. Smart movement isn't something that is rewarded as much as it should be in Halo 5, so it's an absolute necessity at this point, from a gameplay/viewer perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we could have starting autos removed along with the PG radar, we'd be in a good spot. Hmu to play this weekend for 8s to test whatever

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one in favor of straight up replacing the caster with the GL on every map would help make colosseum less snowbally and you can't spam the gl like you can the caster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So good.

Wow Gears is doing everything right. with this kind of marketing I can see gears surpassing Halo esports if it has not already. It really shows how something grow with the right people and effort. One thing I will never understand is why MS seams to throw much more money at Gears then it does for Halo. Then it could be the HCS is not as efficient with their budget.

Am I the only one in favor of straight up replacing the caster with the GL on every map would help make colosseum less snowbally and you can't spam the gl like you can the caster.

The GL is a joke and is way too easy
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Gears got there video posted on the official Xbox channel and all we got was a tweet from them did last years HWC get anything posted on Xbox?

Because if that's a tool available videos promoting the event should be posted on both the Halo and Xbox YouTube channels.

It's almost certainly something to do with the servers which is something Halo 4 didn't have to deal with.

Yeah you could get the vibe it was server related from Vision when they were measuring the speed at which the player's xbox was communicating with the dedi, with no observer and one observer. 

Frankie has already said that Halo 6 is going to be built off of Halo 5, why reboot, reinvent, or reset something.. it's elementary! <- If only he had that mindset before Halo 4. 

But that brings me to my biggest concern. They've been unable to address the aiming issue. Are we looking at the same issue with H6 going forward? They might have a rather large overhaul on their hands if they need to redo the aiming system from the ground up. As someone who is always going to be far from the dedicated server, I am to the point where there is no hope in playing. 

It's like when people say they go back to Halo 3 and they feel like they move slow, that's how I feel when I aim in H5.