CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

lmao what's the context for this.

I believe he got a few techs, so back then MLG would give their players timeouts for a certain time.

What would be worthy of a lifetime ban, in your opinion? 

Just picking your brain.

i would say intentionally throwing games or colluding with other teams to predetermine a winner for an event

• Upvote (+1) 3

I believe he got a few techs, so back then MLG would give their players timeouts for a certain time.

That just seems so ridiculous. How do you even get a tech? Getting too personal?

Could you imagine if COD gave Nadeshot and Aches lifetime bans for their "fight" in like BLOPS2 or Ghosts?

Kinda dumbfounded by this Str8 pickup. Not bashing Kaotic but if Str8 really just wanted a slayer, there was better options.

I'm almost positive 2gre grabbed Tapping and Shotzzy for consistently winning Team Beyond 2v2s (Tapping and Trippey won last 4 in a row, a bit before that claim and Shotzzy won a few as well). He then grabbed Saiyan after watching him go off at relegations. (Saiyan also won a beyond 2v2 with scaryotic vs Trippey and Renegade in the finals. After this saiyan and scaryotic teamed with trippey and tire iron. They drop scary for boamx and qualify for relegations). At tourney Saiyan does well on LAN vs E6 and Liquid. then leading up to worlds he gets on 2gres daycare. I wouldnt really say 2gre found these gems when all he did was choose AMs that proved themselves by doing well vs pros.

Agree with your conclusion to an extent, but at the same time, none of his Tots were on top 3 AM teams yet I'm pretty sure, they weren't recognized as "must have AM players" yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would be worthy of a lifetime ban, in your opinion?

Just picking your brain.

Wasn't Karma banned from MLG for smoking weed in the hotel and the smoke detector going off and evacuating the building or something?

Edit: The real Karma, not that wannabe Optic Karma.

Kinda dumbfounded by this Str8 pickup. Not bashing Kaotic but if Str8 really just wanted a slayer, there was better options.

Who? I think Kaotic was easily the best pickup. He always had the best stats on ABCDE. Surprised he wasn't picked up earlier.

Wasn't Karma banned from MLG for smoking weed in the hotel and the smoke detector going off and evacuating the building or something?

Edit: The real Karma, not that wannabe Optic Karma.

venue banned if i remember correctly

Can't believe we've been talking about lifetime bans and no one's linked this gif yet

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm almost positive 2gre grabbed Tapping and Shotzzy for consistently winning Team Beyond 2v2s (Tapping and Trippey won last 4 in a row, a bit before that claim and Shotzzy won a few as well). He then grabbed Saiyan after watching him go off at relegations. (Saiyan also won a beyond 2v2 with scaryotic vs Trippey and Renegade in the finals. After this saiyan and scaryotic teamed with trippey and tire iron. They drop scary for boamx and qualify for relegations). At tourney Saiyan does well on LAN vs E6 and Liquid. then leading up to worlds he gets on 2gres daycare. I wouldnt really say 2gre found these gems when all he did was choose AMs that proved themselves by doing well vs pros.

There is some 'art' to the science also, not all winners are chosen, I would guess 2gre uses things like placings and such as "preliminary research" and then does his own assessment whatever that might be afterwards. 

Stellur, Frosty, etc were also big names early in our ASTRO Halo 5 tourneys.

It's almost like an ASTRO Daycare or something :)

It's so true I think, there are so many benefits to your guys tourneys (low barrier to entry, actual prizes, test team dynamics w/o a full team etc.) for AMs wanting to go higher, it's like Minor League Halo in a way 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who? I think Kaotic was easily the best pickup. He always had the best stats on ABCDE. Surprised he wasn't picked up earlier.

Claim, Juziro, Artic. All better slayers imo but Kaotic is still solid.

Agree with your conclusion to an extent, but at the same time, none of his Tots were on top 3 AM teams yet I'm pretty sure, they weren't recognized as "must have AM players" yet.

Well Tapping buttons was on sTw which was beating 3sUP here and there on the online open circuit, and Tapping was giving the hard carry. Shotzzy won some 4v4 beyonds with bubu, falcated, and like dan I think? They beat any pro players they played most of the time. Saiyan was at relegations, meaning he was on a top 2 AM team. So yea only one of them was on a "top 3 AM" team, but Tapping was beating 3sUP(one of the top AM teams) and Shotzzy was beating pro in the 4v4 beyonds(more impressive than beating top AM teams), so I would recognize them as "must have AM players" imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i don't like how often certain 343 people mock the community, it's not a good look

Playing the victim is a tactic.

A desperate one.

• Upvote (+1) 3

anyone with half a brain is planning their exit strategy

i think im gonna become a CoD and rocket league shill

The competitive Call of Duty community welcomes you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I used to play with Kaotic back in the H4 days, from what I can remember he was pretty good, just had a bit of an attitude haha. Hopefully he can help Str8 pick the pace in the Pro League. 

And so begins the Turtle Beach rivalry

If Snakebite can manage to put on a second pair of shorts, I think Optic has a chance. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Splyce logo is a snake about to bite. OG has a player named Snakebite. OG also stands for Original Gangster, Snakebite is OG. I don't know where I'm going with this but I'm pretty sure it means OG Snakebite is going to put on a clinic.

I have been seeing shit here lately with people thinking players are better than Snakebite at H5 and i just chuckle.

I'm loving the swagger and trash talk from Splyce though.  They're doing it right.

lol no, nobody is saying that, well i'm not anyway. People should recognize when "trash talk" has gone too far and they need to simmer down, not double down. They also need to keep it within the context of the game.

Rumor is he was saying some racist shit, so he deserved to get punched
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1