CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

K1YeQZp.png#

lmao

Should have been a perfect  :lxthul:

Hot fix is out

1  Fixed an issue where players could crouch into a wall and not take damage from a Plasma Grenade

2. Fixed an issue where players could fire multiple shots in rapid succession and bypass the intended weapon fire rate

This download is approx. 1.3GB in size and is rolling out now to both platforms.

How the hell does code to fix those 2 problems mount up to 1.3GB....

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's almost as if you treat a part of your fanbase like shit for so long, they start giving shit back...

I think it would be hilarious to see what their daily work-life is like. I imagine they just pump sunshine up each other's asses pretending the game isn't a complete shitstorm and that they accomplished their goal of making it competitive. 

Side note: anyone on here looking to partner up for the CS:GO Operation Hydra? Need a partner if anyone is interested. Send a PM and we'll figure it out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's almost as if you treat a part of your fanbase like shit for so long, they start giving shit back...

You may be on to something...

Have this gold req pack. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You may be on to something...

Have this gold req pack. 

Not even a platinum REQ™ pack?! Psh. How cheap.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Golly, game development is so hard. No wonder they launched a broken game and never fixed it. Poor 343.

if your shit is that dysfunctional that being there would open our eyes to how awful things are, then maybe its time to hand it over to a dev that can put on their big boy pants and get the job done

• Upvote (+1) 3

i don't like how often certain 343 people mock the community, it's not a good look

yep. It's very petty. The way they pat themselves on the back for doing the bare minimum and worst job possible is rage inducing.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

yep. It's very petty. The way they pat themselves on the back for doing the bare minimum and worst job possible is rage inducing.

Halo came from a small bunch of guys who dedicated their whole life to building games they wanted to play, they were a bunch of geniuses basically.

Hard to replicate that. 

But what I can't understand is taking a wonderful formula, and screwing it up this badly. This idea that we NEED constant innovation is counter-productive. You don't re-invent chess, you just make the pieces look prettier. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if other esports are doing something like this but I like it, http://bts.millennialesports.gg/

24amZEv.png?1

this is awesome. it reminds me of the 4 team red bull  lan back in the day. it would be cool to see this sort of thing expand if its successful

• Upvote (+1) 2

if your shit is that dysfunctional that being there would open our eyes to how awful things are, then maybe its time to hand it over to a dev that can put on their big boy pants and get the job done

He seems to think that if we saw their process and really understood how hard their job is, we would be more understanding. It's unbelievably condescending and he's made similar tweets before. The problem is that, as consumers, the process behind the curtains is not our problem. The product and services are. And 343 has no leg to stand on in that department when other major developers are blatantly doing a better job than them providing these things to their own communities.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Golly, game development is so hard. No wonder they launched a broken game and never fixed it. Poor 343.

Jeff's a cool guy honestly, but he's said some real dumb stuff over the years.

I also remember talking to Rukizzel during the THC days when he was at 343i and he has no idea what the site was (this was at our height of popularity). He was on their community team ironically..

• Upvote (+1) 2

How about make a simple straightforward game worthy of the name "Halo" without all the extra cheese and onions. 

Seriously just make Halo 3's proper successor with a nice bright shine and BOOM people will love you. I mean my god they don't realize how simple it would be getting the fans back and happy. Add some new things, yes, but jesus dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He seems to think that if we saw their process and really understood how hard their job is, we would be more understanding. It's unbelievably condescending and he's made similar tweets before. The problem is that, as consumers, the process behind the curtains is not our problem. The product and services are. And 343 has no leg to stand on in that department when other major developers are blatantly doing a better job than them providing these things to their own communities.

tumblr_mebfplAREn1qa9qt5o1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not what was being referred to at all. Game development isn't easy.

Seriously just make Halo 3's proper successor with a nice bright shine and BOOM people will love you. I mean my god they don't realize how simple it would be getting the fans back and happy. Add some new things, yes, but jesus dude.

Genuinely curious: what would be a proper successor, in your opinion?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5