CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

people still care about H1Z1? 

Some do I suppose. Big prize pool, and with him being under contract on both teams (I think), he'll either be letting down his 4 teammates in H1Z1, or his 3 teammates in Halo. Just curious which one he was going to play in. 

It's just annoying to see people just downplaying other games like that at the top level, of course we are going to be more critical about Halo because this is a Halo fan site than any other game. 

In all honesty it really does suck IMO gameplay-wise. Like I don't think we should be discouraged from expressing thoughts about another game just because this is a Halo forum and we're "allowed" to be more critical of it here. Nobody is shitting on MLG's production etc, but even if it's at the top level, there's a reason Nadeshot said nobody plays IW. We're not trying to downplay it because we're Halo fanboys lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Some do I suppose. Big prize pool, and with him being under contract on both teams (I think), he'll either be letting down his 4 teammates in H1Z1, or his 3 teammates in Halo. Just curious which one he was going to play in. 

idk for 100% but i think he's playing in the halo tournament and the h1z1 team is getting a sub

also its crazy that ninja is such a good FPSer that there are two tournaments he could be playing in at the same time

edit: post #9000

• Upvote (+1) 6

Considering he is playing with his Halo team right now and has expressed on twitter and his stream he doesn't really like H1 that much anymore and wants to see success in Halo despite its situation, I think he will be playing Halo at DH.  Idk though I'm not him but i definitely think his passion lies with Halo

In all honesty it really does suck IMO gameplay-wise. Like I don't think we should be discouraged from expressing thoughts about another game just because this is a Halo forum and we're "allowed" to be more critical of it here. Nobody is shitting on MLG's production etc, but even if it's at the top level, there's a reason Nadeshot said nobody plays IW. We're not trying to downplay it because we're Halo fanboys lol.

Yea, I would be one the first to say it isn't one of the better COD games released for multiplayer. I'm more talking about people calling it an easy game and a children's game etc.

Hyped to see boots on the ground back for them soon :fire:

"We here at 343 value our community. Come take these REQ packs so that you can't unlock all of the skins that we haven't released in months."

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's just annoying to see people just downplaying other games like that at the top level, of course we are going to be more critical about Halo because this is a Halo fan site than any other game. We will do our best to moderate posts on the forum in a timely manner, if you feel something has crossed the line don't be afraid to hit us up or use the report feature so we can look into it.

Basically it reminds me of when a sports reporter called a MLB player slow a few years back and got his ass handed to him.

So basically we the halo community are the slow reporter, and we shouldn't say bad things about other games (the MLB player)? Even if the player is incredibly slow compared to most MLB players (other top tier games like CS) he still has more people that watch him and is therefore off limits to us?

I appreciate the fact that you are encouraging the competitive communities to unite across games. I think in the long term it's better for all of us and I love to see COD guys help promote our game.

But would it really be that crazy of a world if a halo fan site was more positive about the game we are here for? halo has plenty of problems and most seem self inflicted, but by all accounts the competitive COD community hates IW and for some reason we need to defend it here? We were thrilled when everyone else was making fun of worlds b/c it was deserved. Seemed to me that a lot of the COD comments were deserved. Gun skill looks fairly low to me, movement looks 10x worse than what we have.

tl;dr

Basically I don't think just because something is more popular than halo we should protect it from criticism, but thanks for trying to unite communities.

• Upvote (+1) 3

post.

I think you guys are missing my point, all I'm saying is for those that are saying it's an easy game / children's game to ease up. It's an ignorant opinion to have, and it looks shallow.

This could be CoD or Counter-Strike, this has nothing to do with any one game or gameplay feature. Just the overall mentality downplaying top players or teams like it's easy to achieve.

I'm kinda amazed that I've had quite a few posts about this. Guess we really have nothing to talk about anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think you guys are missing my point, all I'm saying is for those that are saying it's an easy game / children's game to ease up. It's an ignorant opinion to have, and it looks shallow.

This could be CoD or Counter-Strike, this has nothing to do with any one game or gameplay feature. Just the overall mentality downplaying top players or teams like it's easy to achieve.

I'm kinda amazed that I've had quite a few posts about this. Guess we really have nothing to talk about anymore.

Gotcha. Just saw your reply above as well. It took me a while to make that last post. If I had seen your clarification first I actually wouldn't have replied again.

Also the part taken out of that FFA article is cherry picking. It's a small local tourney just trying to get dev and community interaction. Yes it's presented poorly like a lot of things they do but at least they are starting to try to interact with the community.

Hey guys I have a 70 word essay on eSports due in 2 weeks and I was wondering if there were any pro players reading this who were willing to answer a few questions. Thanks.

I am a professional quote maker and I am available.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys I have a 70 word essay on eSports due in 2 weeks and I was wondering if there were any pro players reading this who were willing to answer a few questions. Thanks.

just submit your essay on @@FrankTheShow and @@FrankieFourShot

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol I will put up $500 of my own money man... just get me out of this nightmare man..

Hey that's enough to buy esportspedia

• Upvote (+1) 1

1.) What's your name?

2.) How old are you?

3.) What city were you born in?

4.) When did you first get into eSports?

5.) Why would you say you follow eSports?

6.) What's your mother's maiden name?

7.) Do you have an occupation related to eSports? If so, what is it?

8.) How would you say your friends and family perceive your eSports hobby?

9.) What was the name of your first pet?

10.) Do you feel as if you have been able to balance your eSports hobby well within your social life?

11.) What street did you grow up on?

Keep it to 70 words or less.

Also, and this isn't really relevant, but I noticed that you chose to make admin names on this website red. Would you say that this is because red is your favorite color?

LOL

• Upvote (+1) 2