CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Destiny gets the nod from me but I have a sensitivity crisis in destiny too.  it goes a little something like this:

"3 feels good. I wonder if 4 does too? yeah! wow so should i play on 3 or 4 i like them both.  Maybe 5? HOly shit i can still aim on 5! 6, good, 7 ehh slightly squirrely but 'feels' good and fun to play.  8, ok now were a little nuts.  hmmm.... maybe i should go the other direction and try 2?  Wow, slow but... comfortable.... WTF. I dont know what sense to choose, 2 - 7 all feel good!!! damnit..."

the simple answer is sticking to your guns. once u find the one that fits, dont change. you can probably play on any sens in destiny and it will be fine, thats the beauty of it. games like halo for some reason always feel different. i felt this way in all the halo installments. im not sure why. sure you can say oh yeah its the ping but whenever im red barring or having a serious issue on a laggy, foreign server in any pc game - i dont have an issue. same goes for call of duty/destiny

OT: liquid has me excited, i love hearing their communication. eco is a lord

• Upvote (+1) 1

the simple answer is sticking to your guns. once u find the one that fits, dont change. you can probably play on any sens in destiny and it will be fine, thats the beauty of it. games like halo for some reason always feel different. i felt this way in all the halo installments. im not sure why. sure you can say oh yeah its the ping but whenever im red barring or having a serious issue on a laggy, foreign server in any pc game - i dont have an issue. same goes for call of duty/destiny

I wish i could do for Console games what i do for PC games and set all my games the same.  But with different levels of aim assist, no FoV sliders and so many different ways console games even calculate the aiming that's impossible.  Destiny i dont mind switching up based on my mood because i pretty much stick to the PvE stuff anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall 2 >>> Any Other Console FPS. ( In regards to Aiming and the options)

Titanfall 2 Campaign >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seriously, so underrated.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah I said this before when OW first came out, if you play Halo 5 and think OW's aiming is fine then it's hard for me to take that opinion seriously. If you play Overwatch and dislike the aiming but are fine with Halo 5 the same applies in my opinion. Both feel very awkward but come with a good number of options to band-aid over it. I found settings in both games I enjoy, but overall I think both aiming systems deserve to be scrutinized equally.

edit: @@CyReN - I barely play campaigns in shooters. Halo's I do, but my favorite campaign in a long time was the new Doom game and before that I think the last story that had me so incredibly hooked was Halo CE. How do you rate the campaign in regards to say some Halo games? Loved TF1 in general and the lack of story wasn't an issue for me but I'm curious just how good people rate it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah I said this before when OW first came out, if you play Halo 5 and think OW's aiming is fine then it's hard for me to take that opinion seriously. If you play Overwatch and dislike the aiming but are fine with Halo 5 the same applies in my opinion. Both feel very awkward but come with a good number of options to band-aid over it. I found settings in both games I enjoy, but overall I think both aiming systems deserve to be scrutinized equally.

edit: @@CyReN - I barely play campaigns in shooters. Halo's I do, but my favorite campaign in a long time was the new Doom game and before that I think the last story that had me so incredibly hooked was Halo CE. How do you rate the campaign in regards to say some Halo games? Loved TF1 in general and the lack of story wasn't an issue for me but I'm curious just how good people rate it.

I love the original trilogy for Halo so it's hard to rate, but I would say TF2 campaign is one of the best FPS campaigns in recent memory.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Titanfall 2 Campaign >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seriously, so underrated.

i need to check it out. your last recommendation (alien iso) was an absolute  masterpiece

I could not agree more. I think it was our very own Analyst Extraordinaire @@TiberiusAudley who said "If you want to win, listen to Kevin" or something along those lines.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every single console FPS I play on 4 or 5, but with Halo 5 I don't know what I am doing. 

Ugh...don't get me started. Trying to stay positive this week haha. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

i guess im too casual in my gaming but would you eli5 on what is wrong with ow's aiming? especially since aim smoothing has become a controllable variable, i never feel like i'm fighting the game. i do agree though that titanfall has spectacular controls

I love the original trilogy for Halo so it's hard to rate, but I would say TF2 campaign is one of the best FPS campaigns in recent memory.

I'll have to check it out. During the beta, a strong majority of people I talked to said they disliked TF2. All those people who disliked it ended up getting the game and told me that the final release was so much better than the beta. I've also heard a lot of people praise it's campaign so it looks like I'll pick this up next.

i guess im too casual in my gaming but would you eli5 on what is wrong with ow's aiming? especially since aim smoothing has become a controllable variable, i never feel like i'm fighting the game. i do agree though that titanfall has spectacular controls

I was coming more from a stock setting point of view rather than one where we can change all the settings to find something suitable.

At launch, both had limited options and an unusual aim acceleration that was tied to apparently a dual zone curve. Basically, it felt like you had two different aiming styles with on being incredibly slow for making minor adjustments and way too fast for making major adjustments to your cross hair. For me it felt too clunky even with having my sensitivity up so high. Eventually both games made changes, but OW gave the ability to change the dual zone to two different options. As far as I know, Halo has not, and even if you use an elite controller to change your aim acceleration curve it is either very poorly done or is not working as intended.

I also dislike the sticks on the Xbox One controller over all. Playing some 360 games on the emulator with them feel awkward to me, but I have experienced some good aim mechanics on X1

I play 10/10/5 on Halo 5. I play 60/60 full aim acceleration curve on linear ramp on OW for most console. I think I have winston maxed.

"KOTH is just boring and not spectator-friendly. I'm glad Strongholds replaced KOTH."

If the do bring back koth, it needs to copy Hardpoint time structure. (Game clock only goes down when no one is in the hill or when it's contested. It doesn't move if teams are scoring.)
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If the do bring back koth, it needs to copy Hardpoint time structure. (Game clock only goes down when no one is in the hill or when it's contested. It doesn't move if teams are scoring.)

Totally agree. Oddball and KotH need that rule.

On the topic of TF2: I finally played the campaign yesterday and it blew me away. Honestly as good as Doom (just without the heavy af soundtrack).

TF2 multi is a also a lot of fun. imo way more enjoyable than OW or any recent CoD game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My world feels shattered. Am I in an alternate reality?

kYkIgfo.png

Super late but immensely relevant. :wutface:

200w.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

180k viewers and multiple big-name sponsors on screen at all times.

I want that.

250k bruh. Brazilian stream was 50k+ on it's own.

OT-

drake-if-youre-reading-this-its-too-late

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's small potatoes, I want this

https://twitter.com/eSportsCharts/status/876898798211137536

(BTW some company is investing 15 billion dollars into esports in China, and it's easy to see why, I wish they liked halo lol...)

There is a Twitch API, someone could write code to ping the Halo channel when its live every 5 minutes and record the viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man, i can see 343i blowing this money on one tournament.

Last place gets $1 million

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man, i can see 343i blowing this money on one tournament.

and yet we'd still run production on 9k and 250,000 cables

• Upvote (+1) 3