CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I had to watch like 3 times to get it. People kept dying insanely fast, and jumping really high and it seemed like someone was wearing like an overshield??

Could be Kinetic Armor.  It's a Payload ability that acts like a short timed overshield.

Are you really comparing Daytona to an MLG open event? CoD has done much better in terms of viewership over past years. This event was bad in the less storied teams getting knocked out but viewership stagnation has been a potential problem for CoD for a while. It's not positive when it's standard for viewers to decline over the course of a game, the natural progression is they increase as the scene matures; GoW, RL etc. CoD imo should be challenging tier 1 status not scratching their heads wondering why their major events aren't showing viewership growth.

i think a comparison of an mlg open to an hcs open is fair, especially when we finally got pistol starts, modified radar, top 16 payout, and the largest open prize pool we've had. viewership is on decline for both but even still, one of the worst cod games crushes a mediocre/bad halo game and it all comes down to how the scene is handled. cod is prepped for the future where halo is hemorrhaging viewers with no real end in sight

No idea. Nor do I care. When gun battles have no dynamic to them, who the fuck cares who out shoots who. 

I'm legit pissed off how good CoD is doing when the game is pure entry level fisher price shit. God damn it Bungie why did you make Reach.

did halo 4 have to shove in mechanics from a forced prequel focusing on a different class of spartans? no. not at all

It's honestly too bad that Microsoft forced Bungie to continue working on Halo (even tried to assimilate them in M$ culture, causing tension) instead of allowing them to work on other IPs. Series could have ended at 3 and we could have possibly been discussing the better "Halo-killer".

My world feels shattered. Am I in an alternate reality?

kYkIgfo.png

Angry-Mr-Bean-Shakes-Head.gif

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

i think a comparison of an mlg open to an hcs open is fair, especially when we finally got pistol starts, modified radar, top 16 payout, << these things either aren't apparent or don't matter outside of the hardcore scene followers and the largest open prize pool we've had. viewership is on decline for both but even still, one of the worst cod games crushes a mediocre/bad halo game and it all comes down to how the scene is handled. cod is prepped for the future where halo is hemorrhaging viewers with no real end in sight

It is at a complete tangent to the point at hand (that really doesn't involve Halo) but you're trying to compare a $200k open run by MLG to a $75 open run by UMG. Which do you think should get the most viewers?

CoD's open events have much more in common with tier1 game open events like Dreamhack's for CSGO and such. The amount of resources at hand just makes me wonder why CoD hasn't had another surge in viewership and more importantly why they haven't maintained the moment event-to-event. I really hope it's just the game, even I'm hyped about the prospect of WWII and I don't play CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys, EG scrimmed two nights in a row

Against Ronin which may be the deciding match of who is 7th on Thursday. Based on the gametypes on ESL's site Ronin would have won 3-0.

Against Ronin which may be the deciding match of who is 7th on Thursday. Based on the gametypes on ESL's site Ronin would have won 3-0.

But lunch will be on that sweet Xfinity internet for Pro League.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Can't dive into this as I'm running CWL Anaheim currently but I can say that I respect 343 and Microsoft, we have a great relationship today and I wish them nothing but the best.

As to not paying, that's not true. If Kyle had issues with anything I'd be curious to know what the issue was.

This seems really final to me, for some reason. Maybe reading between the lines too much, but the idea that 343 has stonewalled MLG so much that they may not even care to pick up Halo if offered now makes me pretty sad.

Do we have anything to look forward to? Huke probably leaving in the fall. No news about another HWC. No H3A on the horizon, and a very low probability that Halo 6 follows a classic Halo formula, plus what could be a door closed on MLG Halo. 

My world feels shattered. Am I in an alternate reality?

kYkIgfo.png

My guess would be they are talking about the ability to change the aiming settings a ton in Halo 5. Vertical, horizontal, dead zones, .5 changes, etc. That's all great and not every game has that. 

But these people have prob played very little Halo 5 and haven't noticed the heavy aiming that occurs.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Found your problem:

"overwatch on the console"

Compared to Overwatch on console anything is perfect. Having PTSD from trying to use Widowmaker .
  • Upvote (+1) 1

the verticality of IW makes it so fucking random. That said, don't act like there isn't a skill gap.

Of course it has a skill gap. Making sure you pee in the toilet instead of on the floor around it also has a skill gap. IW has a low skill gap by CoD standards which is saying something.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Of course it has a skill gap. Making sure you pee in the toilet instead of on the floor around it also has a skill gap. IW has a low skill gap by CoD standards which is saying something.

but somehow none of us keyboard warriors can't make it past the first couple rounds with such a low skillgap :mj:

I get it guys it isn't chess, but stop trying to downplay every other game on console that isn't Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

My guess would be they are talking about the ability to change the aiming settings a ton in Halo 5. Vertical, horizontal, dead zones, .5 changes, etc. That's all great and not every game has that. 

But these people have prob played very little Halo 5 and haven't noticed the heavy aiming that occurs.

i dunno what they are talking about. console overwatch lets you change settings for individual heroes in terms of aim mechanics. i dont remember if dead zone is a setting, but in april blizzard started allowing you to adjust aim smoothing on console, letting you have a more responsive acceleration. it doesnt look quite as clean as dead zones and .5 changes to me, it is similar in function 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/overwatch-aim-smoothing-update-console-controls/ 

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753715576?page=11#post-208

but somehow none of us keyboard warriors can't make it past the first couple rounds with such a low skillgap :mj:

I get it guys it isn't chess, but stop trying to downplay every other game on console that isn't Halo.

This is actually interesting, I feel like switching from Halo to CoD looks relatively easy.  Give me like a few weeks to learn basic strats and call outs and i feel like i'd get past the first couple of rounds.  I don't necessarily mean picking up the game and figuring it out alone, but put me on an already formed AM team and they fill me in on what to do and I think the rest of the awareness, communication, and gun skill i would have from Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Found your problem:

"overwatch on the console"

the aiming in halo 5 is 10x better than overwatch on xbox

h5 is far from the BEST though. id give that to destiny or call of duty. they feel smooth and consistent

• Upvote (+1) 2

the aiming in halo 5 is 10x better than overwatch on xbox

h5 is far from the BEST though. id give that to destiny or call of duty. they feel smooth and consistent

Destiny gets the nod from me but I have a sensitivity crisis in destiny too.  it goes a little something like this:

"3 feels good. I wonder if 4 does too? yeah! wow so should i play on 3 or 4 i like them both.  Maybe 5? HOly shit i can still aim on 5! 6, good, 7 ehh slightly squirrely but 'feels' good and fun to play.  8, ok now were a little nuts.  hmmm.... maybe i should go the other direction and try 2?  Wow, slow but... comfortable.... WTF. I dont know what sense to choose, 2 - 7 all feel good!!! damnit..."

• Upvote (+1) 4

?

I'm not downplaying every other game on console that isn't Halo...I'm acknowledging that a skill gap exists in Infinite Warfare but that it is small even compared to other CoD games. Most CoD pros would acknowledge that.

• Upvote (+1) 1