CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Huke leaving sucks because as an individual he's challenged Optic more than anyone else. Who cares if he's not active in the community? He's one of the most exciting players to watch, always placing in the top 2. You know who else wasn't active in the community? OGRE2. You saying his retirement didn't sting?

Without Huke, Optic is about to get a lot more dominant and it's not because they're getting better, it's because a huge part of their premier competition is leaving. People will be less interested in watching, knowing Optic isn't even facing the strongest possible competition anymore. This is on top of the myriad of issues in the HCS (and Halo 5).

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe some of us would rather continue to casually enjoy what's left of the scene rather than wanting it to keel over and die because it's not as good as it could be.

Enjoy what's left of the scene while literally every other game comes out on top in popularity or actual gameplay and ours continues to plummet? I'm not willing to let the series die out this slowly and continue to look back on the glory days.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did you guys know, that Halo 2 mp originally should have been all about Warzone type multiplayer and they did what hey did only becouse there was not enough time to do what they wanted ?

If you want to know more about this and about other things related to Halo franchise evelopement, read this (original article)

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history

or listen to this this (podcast discussing the article)

Worth the while.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Maybe some of us would rather continue to casually enjoy what's left of the scene rather than wanting it to keel over and die because it's not as good as it could be.

It's kind of like when you have a relative with Alzheimer's. It gets to a point where they've lost so much of who they are that dying would be kind of a relief. Best to remember them as they were than drag it out for years with a shadow of their former selves that doesn't even remember your name. Obviously, if a cure for the disease were developed, that would be the best case scenario, but there's only so long you can reminisce about the good ol' days while they struggle to remember where they are.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was a big fan of HCS until Worlds 2016 but after that it has been a complete downward spiral. I don't even want it to be as good as MLG was, even just going back to X-Games to Worlds 2016 period would satisfy me. As it stands I'm just exhausted from the constant disappointment. Pull the fucking plug already, as clearly the people in charge of HCS management and budget don't care enough to keep it alive through investment and support.

I think the worst part is I've (and I'm sure others) lost the urge to complain / post feedback at this point. I just see stuff go down like LG recently, and I'm like yep that's the HCS and ESL I know.

Excited to watch Dreamhack though, been awhile since I've watched any Halo.

-------

Happy Fathers Day too, for any out there!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Enjoy what's left of the scene while literally every other game comes out on top in popularity or actual gameplay and ours continues to plummet? I'm not willing to let the series die out this slowly and continue to look back on the glory days.

If the plug is pulled on comp halo now it will most likely never come back. Maybe the community could keep the pros around for a tournament or 2 but as funding and orgs disappear it will be hard to bring it back when h6 comes out. I somehow dont see 343 allowing a large scale organization of h2 or h3 pro halo. Id rather limp along and see what h6 brings before just killing the scene before we have the chance to finally get a competent game and a competent TO

Really hope you enjoy it mate, I know theres a few chasing the old flair/event hype thats missing atm.

All heads down here full steam ahead on NA side as we get closer to it. Hope the teams/crowd turns up big too, i'm still personally chasing the crowd hype from HCS Season 1 CLG vs NB. Very excited!

Best wishes mate. 

Really hope you enjoy it mate, I know theres a few chasing the old flair/event hype thats missing atm.

All heads down here full steam ahead on NA side as we get closer to it. Hope the teams/crowd turns up big too, i'm still personally chasing the crowd hype from HCS Season 1 CLG vs NB. Very excited!

Apparently a good amount of AMs/spectator/egrills are planning on going so I'm hyped. Can't wait to go to my first LAN and its gonna have some good events in addition like the H1Z1 tourney, CS:GO, Melee (plz Hungrybox be there), and Rocket League (plz Kronovi) with other stuff too. 

DH ATL can't come soon enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not a big COD fan but it is great to see the EU teams doing well after the scene being supported. Looks like it has taken a few years in COD but I wish it would happen in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 4

Neither of those things are going to happen as a result of Huke leaving.

Correct ... also, nV will just pick up a top player (I'm guessing Shotzzy, Penguin, etc) and be roughly as dominant as they were before

Not a big COD fan but it is great to see the EU teams doing well after the scene being supported. Looks like it has taken a few years in COD but I wish it would happen in Halo

Two eu teams in the top3. Splyce in back to back finals.

That won't happen as long as EU teams don't go to na events

We need more Latin America teams. The talent is overall stronger, and there's more of them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Behind every villain is a sweet side. 

I present you the loveable Tom Taylor. You might normally see a fierce competitor who occasionally colludes with higher powers, but in reality he is a meek tourist who just wants to see the world one snap of the lens at the time. 

https://twitter.com/JayxLinh/status/876576564636303360

T2 Vlogs incoming

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke leaving would be a good thing for this scene:

A) Huke leaves and 343 realise that the direction they are taking Halo and the comp scene in is terribad and they make serious changes leading to improvements.

B) Huke leaves, setting a trend that other big-name pros follow and this comp scene finally keels over and dies, and we can move on with our lives whilst fondly remembering the glory days.

I bet you the amount of 343 employees who know who Huke is I can count on 1 hand

• Upvote (+1) 3