CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seriously, when you do the math, the twitter stats don't look inflated. They look modest at best.

The Stream was in an ad window was heavily promoted by twitter, for 3days straight for an avg of like 7hrs a day. Less than 13 million different people interacted with it.

In contrast, Franks tweet was seen by 1.4 million people in the same timeframe no promotion from twitter at all.

If the viewership numbers were inflated, why would they be just 10x more than the tweet from a Team Beyond forum poster despite heavy promotion from twitter itself?

With 13million unique viewers, you can assume this is the number of people who actually CLICKED on the ad window and watched the stream. If it was just counting auto play the number would be much higher due to twitches ridiculous amount of daily users. Likewise if it was counting auto play, you would expect concurrent to be WELL OVER 135k, since the ad was in heavy rotation.

The large gap between peak concurrent and total unique suggests that most people clicked on the ad, watched it for a few, then closed it an never returned. But those numbers are no more "inflated" than the numbers you get on twitch when people do the exact same thing.

I agree, im not sure if the side window was on everyones twitter feed or if they targeted it a little more specifically but if it counts a unique view everytime someone scrolls over it i would expect a lot more than 13 million unique views over 3 days.  They clearly put a lot of thought into getting the stream seen by a lot of people.  Just not so much the live event.

While I was painstakingly watching all the rebroadcasts to compile the game results from the HWC (available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DaHSiSgOkeuwfUbbVCWXdsHNx_W0XuDPIzvfzHtKBKk/edit?usp=sharing),I noticed something strange in nV's game against LG. Pistola had the flag in his base, and he was waiting on his team to return their flag so that they could score. But when the flag was returned, he couldn't score, even though he was standing on the flag itself. He had to end up dropping it and picking it back up again to score.

I then noticed this again today while playing Arena (excuse the poor gameplay lol):

I've let Tashi and Ske7ch know, so hopefully this is addressed. Luckily, Pistola reacted quickly and the game was a blowout, and my team ended up losing the game anyway, but still, I don't complain too much about quirks in the game, but this is a pretty large one.

Thats pretty rough, think of how many clutch games could be lost due to this glitch.  Props to @@GunRanger for finding the other clip, i had completely forgotten about that instance.  I really hope they have got some very talented coders for H6 to make sure these glitches dont happen again.

You american's better visit a lot of those events so next worlds gets a better venue.

I wish I could travel to all of them but the costs from Germany are just too high.

Have to pick one event, or I'll wait for next year

I know what you mean.  I would love to make it out to an NA event one day.  In the mean time we can only hope that we build on the great success that was HWC London and get some solid EU Opens.

This. Hell I would even take the shitty observer mode being played on a second stream of a hyped match rather than hear about what happened while another match playing. Ultimate goal would be A and B streams so we can choose which match and switch back and forth.

Accidental neg

I've let Tashi and Ske7ch know, so hopefully this is addressed. Luckily, Pistola reacted quickly and the game was a blowout, and my team ended up losing the game anyway, but still, I don't complain too much about quirks in the game, but this is a pretty large one.

I'm seriously sick of things like this happening during events. We've had splinter nades randomly detonating, ghost reloads, ghost melees, flags not being captured... There's simply no excuse. 

Yes. Whatever timo looked for, obviously couldn't be done, and financially made more sense to hold it at the campus. That doesn't excuse the venue but it is what it is. If it isn't obvious the budgets decreased from last year, I don't know what to tell you

If it's a budgetary issue, then why is the world's tournament the only one affected by it? Of all the venues used so far in 2017, only one was garbage tier. The 3 announced venues are guarunteed to be amazing, and prize pools are increasing for opens.

If timo couldn't close on whatever extravagant arena he was hunting with 2 months to spare, there are countless convention halls throughout the country that could have been used for relatively cheap.

The idea that the 'budget' is such that small TOs get afford venues big enough to run open events, but ESL cant get one adequate for 12 teams and <300 fans doesn't make sense. If they had to $ to even consider going to the east coast, they had the $ to get 2 average sized convention rooms.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fantastic news about Daytona! Reading the forums the last days do show that our cynicism and anger is just a result of our love for Halo. The moment 343 relase something good we are all over it with joy and hype.

The venue seems to be awesome and it has lots of rooms with different capacities. I doubt they will use the big arena for this (that people in this thread had posted pictures of)?

Daytona is only a 2 hour drive from me, so this is a real possibility. If I do end up going, I have to drive right through Orlando so if people need a ride from the airport and I am there, I could make a stop. I need to make sure I can get off of work that Friday (and probably Thursday first). 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well, an online tournament with everyone in the same room.

You are indeed correct.  The fact that we have to even make this distinction says it all.  Still props to the guys putting it on, hopefully they get a decent attendance.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Haha $20,000 for 70/70 is CHEAP! You should see my Anaheim Smart City bill for 200/200. Internet in the US is garbage due to a handful of vendors having exclusivity at buildings

why do you need Internet for LAN. Excuse my ignorance. Is it just for streaming or ...

3. Bring Legion if possible, let him run trough the floor and talk to players/Hcs staff/UMG staff/devs record that and play that during downtime.

Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why the hell wouldn't they announce Daytona beach at world's?

Missed opportunity to capitalize on viewership.

Maybe they didnt want to announce an awesome venue from a shitty one? Or is out because esl doesnt wanna promote other to's?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe they doubt want to announce am awesome venue from a shitty one?

I like to tell myself it wasnt 100% confirmed so they couldn't. Part of me thinks otherwise.

But either way, Daytona is great to see. Especially when some were predicting the death of the HCS after worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like to tell myself it wasnt 100% confirmed so they couldn't. Part of me thinks otherwise.

But either way, Daytona is great to see. Especially when some were predicting the death of the HCS after worlds.

That's the other possibility, but its like damn, gotta have some logical deadlines.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe they didnt want to announce an awesome venue from a shitty one? Or is out because esl doesnt wanna promote other to's?

At this point is just another misstep in a long line of mistakes. But we did have 70k twitch viewers for Worlds with no date announcement or real promotion for Worlds. Hopefully there will be a lot of promotion leading up to this and 1-2k seats for sale. If so this event could be huge

people were mad because 70k people were watching and they literally didn't advertise anything.

*13 million people watching

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha $20,000 for 70/70 is CHEAP! You should see my Anaheim Smart City bill for 200/200. Internet in the US is garbage due to a handful of vendors having exclusivity at buildings

My 1000/1000 cost me $35/month here in Sweden. :ace:

But if I want to see some good Halo I must travel to the other side of the world so I am still the Loser.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Simple tip that maybe some of yall don't know, WHO KNOWS. I found out after season 1 and was dumbfounded 

Holy shit this is amazing - thanks man.  Now I feel stupid for doing it the wrong way for a year and a half.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Simple tip that maybe some of yall don't know, WHO KNOWS. I found out after season 1 and was dumbfounded

https://youtu.be/EiQRBJCzimw

Did they change the timing on this recently? Because I've been doing this trick for a long time but these last few weeks I've been releasing it at what seems like the same time but it didn't go off and I end up dying.

Idk maybe my muscle memory is just failing me.

with all due respect, do you care to chime in the current discussion then? How you respond given the situation this community is in is very important here.

Keep in mind that this is a really, really easy question to ask a @TheSimms or an @Elamite, but it's less simple for them to answer.

Obviously the question itself is not difficult to understand, and an answer is not difficult to formulate. However, we certainly shouldn't expect someone to put at risk the position they're in with an employer, especially considering most everyone "important" we get to speak with here have little to no control over what actually happens.

• Upvote (+1) 3