CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You never know. He might switch. There's far more stable money in Call of Duty than there is in Halo, even if you're not winning tournaments. Call of Duty certainly has a larger YouTube base and there's no reason why a younger guy like Huke couldn't carve out a portion of that for himself. He could do it for Halo too, but Halo isn't as resonant with people as Call of Duty seems to be.

Is the no LAN support a game issue or an Xbox One issue? It's always been pretty unclear for me, although I thought I remembered it being a game issue.

Lol what if H3cz picked up huke on optic cod just so he wasn't a threat to the Halo team. And LAN on Xbox one is not HARDWARE supported by default but that's fairly meaningless. LAN can be handled by the netcode of a game if the Dev wants it to. More importantly, the netcode that allowed the 360 to LAN on the API side already runs on Xbox one flawlessly. It's a Dev issue, not an actual impossibility.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess this would be better off in the settings discussion thread, but I know people are calling for the removal of AR starting weapons.

Is this the only change regarding auto use? If so, I feel that this solution only makes the problem worse by removing whatever chance you had of fighting back against a SMG/Storm Rifle if someone already picked it up. I get the AUTO Spam/Cheese but now you just removed your best chance of fighting against a player with one of these weapons. Was talking with King Nick about this and he mentioned it and I agree.

Anyway, I'm certainly interested in seeing the response from 343/ESL after Worlds. I almost feel as if they will have to clean house and start over but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. We talk about growth but it seems like we've regressed a lot. It seems we can only get better from here but lets keep our  fingers crossed.

Anyone here going to the Atlantic City Gears tournament? @@Moses_FPS

I'm not in support of removing AR secondary for that very reason. Reduce the starting AR to one clip if anything. If people want AR secondaries to be gone then maps shouldn't have automatics to pick up at all.

If they remove radar and autos for next season, nV will beat OpTic with their current squad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I guess this would be better off in the settings discussion thread, but I know people are calling for the removal of AR starting weapons.

Is this the only change regarding auto use? If so, I feel that this solution only makes the problem worse by removing whatever chance you had of fighting back against a SMG/Storm Rifle if someone already picked it up. I get the AUTO Spam/Cheese but now you just removed your best chance of fighting against a player with one of these weapons. Was talking with King Nick about this and he mentioned it and I agree.

Anyway, I'm certainly interested in seeing the response from 343/ESL after Worlds. I almost feel as if they will have to clean house and start over but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. We talk about growth but it seems like we've regressed a lot. It seems we can only get better from here but lets keep our  fingers crossed.

@@Sandman and I will be there

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't make any plans to go yet but am considering it. I want to attend the event but LAN CE at night. You guys down? Trying to gather equipment throughout this week.

i'm going and i know sandman is working the event :)

ill be there..... not a gears fan but ive never been to an esports event and this is the closest ive ever seen one for me.......

2 hour drive to shake hitch's hand (and hopefully hecz) and buy optic swag.

:D

• Upvote (+1) 2

i just don't know what kind of roster changes they can make to catch up

i have huke at $155K since X-Games

i'm going and i know sandman is working the event :)

after some investigating i got the average twitch viewership numbers for sunday, we averaged 33.5K viewers, which isn't bad imo

33.5k is pretty good considering there was the ffa and large downtime

Actually that seems to be the general consensus. As far as I know, he was a lord at AW and was unable to compete after that. Now that he's able? You never know. He might switch. There's far more stable money in Call of Duty than there is in Halo, even if you're not winning tournaments. Call of Duty certainly has a larger YouTube base and there's no reason why a younger guy like Huke couldn't carve out a portion of that for himself. He could do it for Halo too, but Halo isn't as resonant with people as Call of Duty seems to be.

Is the no LAN support a game issue or an Xbox One issue? It's always been pretty unclear for me, although I thought I remembered it being a game issue. 

There is nothing that technologically prevents a game from utilizing LAN other than the anemic hardware.  Devs can leverage it however they want.  For example, Gears has true lan built right in, no problem.

I think this misconception came about way back when Microsoft was really pushing the "always online, always connected" part of the platform.

"Halo 4 and Master Chief Collection didn't? The kid is clearly a delusional moron. The game has been on a downward spiral esports-wise since Halo 3. The devs have continued to pay lip service to the community all while shitting on them and doing nothing from a design standpoint. Honestly I don't know if it's malice, or 343 are just that worthless and incompetent."

Well, would ya look at that...

33.5k is pretty good considering there was the ffa and large downtime

the grand finals series average was 51K

so we did pretty damn good imo

• Upvote (+1) 2

He'd definitely get picked up for cod. Especially if he waited till the next cod. Who knows what he will do he is an actual god in both games. He can absolutely make a decision based off of preference.

Your name reminds me of JIF peanut butter.

I didn't make any plans to go yet but am considering it. I want to attend the event but LAN CE at night. You guys down? Trying to gather equipment throughout this week.

I'll be staying with the UGC guys but id totally be down for some CE :D

Definitely come to AC. It's gonna be a wild event lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it free to spectate and if not how much are passes? I'm gonna be in AC Saturday and Sunday

Eco for Pistola would be a could change for nV imo.

Eco is on a team that is 4-1 vs nv. He wouldn't leave for them

Lol what if H3cz picked up huke on optic cod just so he wasn't a threat to the Halo team. And LAN on Xbox one is not HARDWARE supported by default but that's fairly meaningless. LAN can be handled by the netcode of a game if the Dev wants it to. More importantly, the netcode that allowed the 360 to LAN on the API side already runs on Xbox one flawlessly. It's a Dev issue, not an actual impossibility.

If it aint broke dont fix it. OG COD is looking better than ever at the moment. Besides, OG halo just swept the "threat" in the grand finals so.....

Does this include tent access?

Chyeah! It'll be called the Game Shack(was that what it was called? Lol) like MLG XGames though. :D

That's a shame, some other top ams that come to mind are Monster, Baby J, & Nemassist.

Removing Nemassist from the only pro team he's ever been on immediately made that team T6 instead of maybe T12 at best.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1