CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

nV literally won the last event.... Huke has a couple bad games in a series, not even an entire bad series, and people think hes done lol

I was talking about NV's CoD team playing poorly. You know, the team that just placed 21-24 in one of the biggest tournaments of the year lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey @@Bad Dub the full optic v eg scrims didnt get recorded in halodatahive bcs Roy was playing on Toweys tag.

Cheers, I'll update it now

I was talking about NV's CoD team playing poorly. You know, the team that just placed 21-24 in one of the biggest tournaments of the year lol.

JKap still gonna find a way to win Champs lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

JKap still gonna find a way to win Champs lol

And Scump will undoubtably find a way to place 7th. Seriously tho i bet they drop AP or John for Huke. that team is gonna be fuckin scary when it happens.

@@GunRanger nothing you can do unless you know/want to learn to solder. You can get new stick modules online. Elites use lead-free solder which is a bitch to take off. I know because i have replaced the thumbstick in my elite twice.

I think it's more the way they've been handling the esport itself than the state of the game.

It's actually both haha. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope people aren't too hard on Huke if he decides to switch back, it's his game he started on and it has to be more appealing at this point. We have no idea what's going on with the HCS in 2018, while CoD eSports continues to grow and expand each year.

Can't hate on him if he ends up deciding to leave Halo.  It's no different than leaving your current job because there's better opportunity and money elsewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, can't blame Huke at all. Unless you're consistently winning like Optic, there is no point in staying with Halo if you got a shot at doing better at another game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope people aren't too hard on Huke if he decides to switch back, it's his game he started on and it has to be more appealing at this point. We have no idea what's going on with the HCS in 2018, while CoD eSports continues to grow and expand each year.

i think of the biggest things he's missing is playing in front of large crowds, that's what it's all about, that's what these players strive for

(just assuming, i don't talk to huke at all)

• Upvote (+1) 3

17-24 innit?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, can't blame Huke at all. Unless you're consistently winning like Optic, there is no point in staying with Halo if you got a shot at doing better at another game. 

I don't think anyone is blaming him tbh, everyone gets that the new CoD looks like it's actually going to be fun to play. 

Not to mention the scene itself looks in great shape. More spectators, more players, more competitors, and more money.

And more LANs.

It's really not a choice at all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Huke leaving will have very little impact on the scene as a whole. He will leave, there will be a shitstorm of roster fuckery and then things will go back to normal.

No offense to Huke, but he isn't exactly a huge presence in the community. No streams, very little twitter interaction, does he even forum post, bro? I wish him nothing but success on whatever team he lands on but him not being in the Halo community won't have a measurable impact outside of the inevitable roster shuffle.

Huke has had his moments. 

Denial with Bubu going off at the 1st worlds

Taking down Optic in the Fall season of Pro League in 2 best of 7's

---------------------------------------------------------

That being said, everyone is a young gun these days that's exciting to watch. Even though Renegade, Shotzy, Tapping, Saiyan etc have not done anything close to the two examples above, I agree, I don't think it really is going to impact Halo that much.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Huke leaving will have very little impact on the scene as a whole. He will leave, there will be a shitstorm of roster fuckery and then things will go back to normal.

No offense to Huke, but he isn't exactly a huge presence in the community. No streams, very little twitter interaction, does he even forum post, bro? I wish him nothing but success on whatever team he lands on but him not being in the Halo community won't have a measurable impact outside of the inevitable roster shuffle.

It'll have a pretty big negative impact on viewer investment since he's been on 2 of the only 3 rosters to really challenge CLG/OpTic on LAN throughout H5. :/  (Denial, EnVy.  Third is TL at St. Louis, where TL lost 3-2 and 4-3)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OT but LMAO

Look at the numbers on this 24 hour old photo.

Anyone at 343 willing to debate H3 popularity over H4/H5? 

HAHAHAHA No.

• Upvote (+1) 4

17-24 innit?

I saw a tweet from Dexerto that said it was 21-24 but they may have been breaking it down unnecessarily.

I saw a tweet from Dexerto that said it was 21-24 but they may have been breaking it down unnecessarily.

Nah, that's right, I checked bracket after that post.

It's a weird bracket compared to a standard double elim.  Looks like it feeds 4 teams into losers over several rounds and there were only 8 teams in winners or something.

Nah, that's right, I checked bracket after that post.

It's a weird bracket compared to a standard double elim. Looks like it feeds 4 teams into losers over several rounds and there were only 8 teams in winners or something.

I'm not a fan of the structure at all. For instance str8 lost in.the open bracket, made it through the open from losers, but then had to start in losers in champ bracket. I can understand teams doing bad in pool play starting in losers but I don't think it's fair to open teams. (Yes I know open winners bracket teams went to pool play but still)

I'm not a fan of the structure at all. For instance str8 lost in.the open bracket, made it through the open from losers, but then had to start in losers in champ bracket. I can understand teams doing bad in pool play starting in losers but I don't think it's fair to open teams. (Yes I know open winners bracket teams went to pool play but still)

MLG's done the Open-Teams-to-Losers for a long, long time, and I think it's fair.  Like, if you lost to another Open bracket team, chances are you're not ready for the teams that are in Champ from the start.  Gotta prove yourself even more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG's done the Open-Teams-to-Losers for a long, long time, and I think it's fair. Like, if you lost to another Open bracket team, chances are you're not ready for the teams that are in Champ from the start. Gotta prove yourself even more.

I know they've done it for a while but I think it's stupid. What exactly was wrong with the old halo structure, where there were top16 seeds, then 16 teams from open filled out a 32 team double elimination bracket? No one ever complained about that.

@@Clap genuinely curious why the change from that to this style of bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know they've done it for a while but I think it's stupid. What exactly was wrong with the old halo structure, where there were top16 seeds, then 16 teams from open filled out a 32 team double elimination bracket? No one ever complained about that.

@@Clap genuinely curious why the change from that to this style of bracket.

That structure's from before my time.  When I started watching, there were 16 champ seeds who played in Winners, and the 16 teams from Open all joined in various Losers rounds. (25-32 all joined in LR1, 21-24 in LR2, 17-20 in LR3, then the losers from WR1 fell to LR4).