CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Huke turns 18 October 21st according to CoD esportspedia which means this time might stick for IW and then reform for WW2. If that's the case its a lot likelier.

Dreamhack Denver is 20-22 October. So I could see him leaving after fall finals
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@@Clap Why is it that when CoD goes to a listen in, the gameplay becomes smaller to accommodate a player cam 3 times as big as needed? Imo, having a small cam below the minimap > 

Edit: I definitely recognize that the UI is already pretty busy, but I'd prefer it being a little busier for not losing a fourth of my viewing space while I'm already watching on a small screen. For TV's this definitely isn't much of a problem, but i don't think that many people watch mlg/twitch on a tv. Could be wrong.

21k on twitch alpha

1k twitch bravo

39k mlg tv alpha

800 mlg tv bravo

Also str8 is playing for top12 down 2-1 vs fnatic though

Edit: str8 lost 3-1

Is the stick getting stuck or are the contacts under the stick dirty or damaged?

When I flick the stick it goes back to center like it's supposed to, but it doesn't matter. There's nothing sticky or dirty. It just randomly started doing this.

I really don't want to spend money on a new scuf.

NV's play in general this year has opened the door for Huke. Cuyler said that when he goes back to CoD he wants to play for NV. Just a few months ago the thought of this NV team breaking up was ridiculous, now not so much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

NV's play in general this year has opened the door for Huke. Cuyler said that when he goes back to CoD he wants to play for NV. Just a few months ago the thought of this NV team breaking up was ridiculous, now not so much.

From today

BsNliQt_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone know how to fix a controller stick that keeps moving by itself? I open it up and there doesn't appear to be anything broken, but the left stick will move forward or backward unless I hit crouch twice.

Not sure. I must be doing something wrong because I'm on my 5th controller. Never had a 360 controller break on me though.

Not sure. I must be doing something wrong because I'm on my 5th controller. Never had a 360 controller break on me though.

This. Xbox One controller are pretty bad, I'm in my third one.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Dreamhack Denver is 20-22 October. So I could see him leaving after fall finals

For sure. I'll ask him at Atlanta. 

nV literally won the last event.... Huke has a couple bad games in a series, not even an entire bad series, and people think hes done lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

Those complaining about controller issues: Maybe y'all should buy an elite. Outside of the cheap ass warranty that I didn't take advantage of, I'm still on my first elite. The only problems that I haven't been able to fix by myself (no soldering or anything remotely complex for the other problems) have been that:

1. My right bumper can be almost completely lifted out of place;
  2. My top right paddle (used for thrust) has become decompressed, since it is made of some sort of rubber. When I click it repeatedly as one does, it wears down and doesn't always work. I fixed this by moving thrust to bottom right paddle which was previously not in use since I use three paddles. Could be a big problem for some users. I have found that the buttons do decompress themselves after a few weeks though, which is advantageous for a 3 paddle user since you can switch between one and the other.

My problems that I have been able to fix:

1. At one point, my left bumper completely fell out of place. I've heard of similar reports, I was able to use super glue to fix the issue. 
  2. The grip on the left handle became unfastened, also resolved with superglue. 

Edit: Not at all an official endorsement of an elite controller (as if, I wish), just my positive experiences. I have enjoyed it thoroughly and have used multiple other multi-button controllers... it is still my favorite.  

Why wouldn't he go back to cod? There isn't anything to stay for in Halo, unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Those complaining about controller issues: Maybe y'all should buy an elite. Outside of the cheap ass warranty that I didn't take advantage of, I'm still on my first elite.

Had one. Left bumper fell off, and I'm not a fan of the paddles

or 343 making trash Halo games is really really bad for the scene.

maybe if they could make a good Halo game, people would be inclined to stay? 

I think it's more the way they've been handling the esport itself than the state of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just over a month until Dreamhack and Halo is like 5th on my list for esports there that I'm excited for

I think it's more the way they've been handling the esport itself than the state of the game.

so they can't make a good game and they can't run an esport. 

what can they do? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The game's state was horrific since the beginning, and the lowered population has only made matchmaking worse. 343 isn't really good at anything in regards to sustaining halo's popularity.

Those complaining about controller issues: Maybe y'all should buy an elite. Outside of the cheap ass warranty that I didn't take advantage of, I'm still on my first elite. The only problems that I haven't been able to fix by myself (no soldering or anything remotely complex for the other problems) have been that:

1. My right bumper can be almost completely lifted out of place;
  2. My top right paddle (used for thrust) has become decompressed, since it is made of some sort of rubber. When I click it repeatedly as one does, it wears down and doesn't always work. I fixed this by moving thrust to bottom right paddle which was previously not in use since I use three paddles. Could be a big problem for some users. I have found that the buttons do decompress themselves after a few weeks though, which is advantageous for a 3 paddle user since you can switch between one and the other.

My problems that I have been able to fix:

1. At one point, my left bumper completely fell out of place. I've heard of similar reports, I was able to use super glue to fix the issue. 
  2. The grip on the left handle became unfastened, also resolved with superglue. 

Edit: Not at all an official endorsement of an elite controller (as if, I wish), just my positive experiences. I have enjoyed it thoroughly and have used multiple other multi-button controllers... it is still my favorite.  

FYI the elite now has a new warranty policy. You get one free exchange (lifetime). So you might want to give Xbox support a ring.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1