CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have 12 coins! Nothing huge but not bad!

Frankiefourshots: I'll let you know re: FB hoodie. Could probably help you get a one off print from our vendor

Need to strike on Eth while the iron's hot.

I have 12 coins! Nothing huge but not bad!

Frankiefourshots: I'll let you know re: FB hoodie. Could probably help you get a one off print from our vendor

...any chance of two one-offs?  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 7

The biggest example for Greenskull comes from the I <343 video he made a few years ago, which was basically a song about him loving 343. I never actually watched it because I think I would have cried but that's the big one. 

It's no secret that he's good friends with a fair amount of people at 343 Industries and Microsoft and since his opinions usually side with them, he's considered a shill which is fair play. It wasn't until the past year or so that we started to hear other arguments from him that went against 343 which was much needed because it gave his community a chance to see that Halo isn't in some perfect state.

I will say I like Dan and while we've clashed in the past (I've even been blocked by him on Twitter before - we met at Worlds though and seemingly cleared that up), specifically when he told people who disliked Halo's current state to just leave. I don't think he's a paid shill. He just has different opinions from us and he has a large following so they get pushed out more to others within the community.

There's also minolta who I haven't heard much from lately but he made a fair amount of videos for Ready up Live, the most notable one being "Halo CE wasn't a competitive game" or something along those lines. I think he later clarified but no doubt the Greenskull hate was slumped under the minolta and RUL banner too.

In the end - it's a guy with strong opinions that usually go against what is discussed on Beyond and because of his following and outreach, he gets more attention compared to most. Hate is a strong word, like @@CyReN said it's just a strong dislike.

I think I just had an aneurysm.  Please tell me that isn't real?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Come back Formal.  We miss you.

nvAPEJZ.png

I don't follow CoD, is he their equivalent to Royal 2?

(Be sure to check my username, I'm pretty sure I logged into the right account for this post.)

(Be sure to check my username, I'm pretty sure I logged into the right account for this post.)

Yeah, he's basically the best player in CoD right now. 

He established himself so quickly in that scene it's insane. Such a gifted FPS player. 

we have a great relationship today and I wish them nothing but the best.

That sounds like nothings going to happen :/

He and Scump are probably the CoD equivalents of Royal 2. Scump when he's on is the best player in the game, hands down.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets just say this...

When a caster was asked who he would have picked for a 4v4 CoD All Star match...  He said he would have picked 8 Formals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda a side note I was thinking about, seeing where everyone is in the standings, fin EG does end up finishing 3-4 and ends up on the 5/6 slot, wonder if a top 4 team takes a look at tapping buttons, seeing as he is seemingly on the path to proving he is the real deal. Down the line of course after dreamhack

Need to strike on Eth while the iron's hot.

I almost bought but went for litecoin instead. Glad I did because Litecoin went up $16 and ETH dropped $30. 

Lets just say this...

When a caster was asked who he would have picked for a 4v4 CoD All Star match... He said he would have picked 8 Formals.

so how many formats actually made the all star game, if your the games best, you would think u would make the all star team...0 formals made the game

I consider myself to be pretty "hip" but... what does this even mean?

What, the tweet or "milk"?

• Upvote (+1) 1

so how many formats actually made the all star game, if your the games best, you would think u would make the all star team...0 formals made the game

It was a fan vote.  Scump has a much bigger following than Formal.  Only one player per team allowed.  

Let me simplify it for you.  A fan vote for a HCS All Star game..

Who is going to be chosen from OG?  Probably Lethul.  Is he the best player on that squad?  Arguably not, but he is the one with the biggest following (arguably).

• Upvote (+1) 2

so no he wasn't good at halo

He was an overrated player with a mediocre shot who only won championships off the back of his teammates who did the real dirty work. Formal is basically the Michael Jordan of Halo.

edit: haters will downvote

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I consider myself to be pretty "hip" but... what does this even mean?

Nobody knows, just millenial esports things.