CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did google send that to you on your phone?  They push me Halo related articles all the time haha

There are some similarities but a few key (huge) differences.  They did not:

1) Lie to victory about his salary to trick him into joining the team when they had no intention of paying said salary

2) force him to play then log him out to try to make it look like he ragequit.

3) publicly try to run a smear campaign against him

This is like the 3rd time i have seen you post something like this and its not gaining traction because its not at the same level as the E6 fuckery.

1) i would love to hear from pros involved. we have 3 vague tweets and a halfassed hashtag but no real info

2) apg is in a similar situation with str8 and no one really cares 

when lg first started running with apg, ninja chat said that vic had retired. if that is true, maybe lg dropped him from the roster while assuming they were going to acquire apg. when that fell through and apg wasnt allowed to leave str8 or sub, lg decided to run with ryan. maybe they were interested in trying him out as well. or maybe thats wrong. none of us know what is going on because there is no solid info and the people who know have yet to post about it. so lets set down the pitchforks until we know actual facts

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are some similarities but a few key (huge) differences.  They did not:

1) Lie to victory about his salary to trick him into joining the team when they had no intention of paying said salary

2) force him to play then log him out to try to make it look like he ragequit.

3) publicly try to run a smear campaign against him

This is like the 3rd time i have seen you post something like this and its not gaining traction because its not at the same level as the E6 fuckery.

Didn't Stellur and Suspector still make more than most pros in the league, just not as much as Cratos and bubu?

ESL let LG sub out Victory but they didn't let E6 sub out Stellur. The LG situation never got to escalate because ESL let one of their golden boys get away with some absolute bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

*sigh* 

I remember the good old days of picketing E6 with signs of #FREESTELLUR and having more than 5K people watch Pro league. 

The good old days... 

Didn't Stellur and Suspector still make more than most pros in the league, just not as much as Cratos and bubu?

ESL let LG sub out Victory but they didn't let E6 sub out Stellur. The LG situation never got to escalate because ESL let one of their golden boys get away with some absolute bullshit.

1) how much they made is totally irrelevant.  They were lured to the team under false pretense.

2) There was more "Public" information with the E6 situation by the time gametime rolled around than there was in this instance.  Why do you think they didn't let LG sub day 2? because of a fucking typo? no.  its because they saw the situation for what it was at that point.

The situations share some similarities but are markedly different in most respects. Trying to paint them like they are "exactly the same" is asinine

• Upvote (+1) 4

2) apg is in a similar situation with str8 and no one really cares 

APG left Str8 to run with LG and gave Str8 permission to run with Commonly. I'm not getting that same impression with the Victory situation. I'd like to hear Victory's side of the story.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd like to hear Victory's side of the story.

Victory's too mature to air his dirty laundry in public like Stellur did, so we won't see him do a big write-up about it. Probably just a silent retirement.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

people have interesting memories lol...

Why do you think they didn't let LG sub day 2? because of a fucking typo? no.

yes

• Upvote (+1) 6

Victory's too mature to air his dirty laundry in public like Stellur did, so we won't see him do a big write-up about it. Probably just a silent retirement.

smh man

In what world was Stellur "Airing his dirty laundry???" All he did was defend himself with facts when he was lied to and had his integrity questioned. Which was happening in public. so he answered in public. and didn't give his long explanation until after ESL made a ruling.  If you ask me he handled the whole situation about as well i could imagine and showed some real class especially considering how young he is.

people have interesting memories lol...

yes

So we are accepting a tweet from Ninja as 100% fact about ESLs reasoning for not allowing a sub yesterday? I'm not saying he is lying at all, but can't we (reasonably) read between the lines here?

So we are accepting a tweet from Ninja as 100% fact about ESLs reasoning for not allowing a sub yesterday? I'm not saying he is lying at all, but can't we (reasonably) read between the lines here?

Elam stated the same exact thing on stream, they "failed to report their sub in time"

Btw vic did get screwed if he wanted and was willing to play, but thats no where near what happened to stellar lol...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Elam stated the same exact thing on stream, they "failed to report their sub in time"

Btw vic did get screwed if he wanted and was willing to play, but thats no where near what happened to stellar lol...

Oh no doubt Vic got screwed.  I am not saying there wasn't some douchebaggery going on but in what world is Cam being boxed out or refusing to play this week equivalent to what happened to stellur?  The VictoryX situation was a potential team change gone awry, the Stellur situation was some manipulative dishonest bullshit.  They're simply not on the same level.

It could be that LG wanted to make a team change, shit happened too fast and couldn't, Cam got wind that he was going to get kicked again and refused to play. We dont have all the facts on this one.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anybody know why Str8 picked up Commonly when he's fasting until after regular season ends?

Because they made the decision as a team that he was their best option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm extremely annoyed that the last conversation we might have about Victory X is how badly he got screwed over.

We can always change the subject if it helps..

I mean, what outside playing the game has victory done to grow the scene?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I dont see how this even became an issue in the first place. Just explicitly state the dates you are requesting to play with a sub for in the email.

Piss poor state to you. This is the best Halo since H3.

Set the bar hilariously low and you'll never be disappointed. I can see the appeal of that approach for you. I want Halo to be a respectable series again, as opposed to "arguably less of a joke than Halo 4." Clearly, our priorities differ in that respect.

Nah, dude genuinely seems like a guy who's bitter about everything in life and probably comes off in real life as condescending as he does here.

I imagine you're exactly this salty in real life about stupid forum posts about a game no one plays. Brings a genuine smile to my face.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I used to wear shorts under my shorts for a while when I was younger. BUT I had a good reason for it. I really liked to wear those "authentic college team basketball shorts" but they didn't have pockets, so I wore shorts with pockets underneath. I felt like a genius.

I used to wear athletic shorts under my clothes all the time as a kid. Mainly cause everybody played OUTSIDE back in the day and you had to be ready for that pick up game of basketball/football/street hockey.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I have officially reached the @@CyReN level of caring about Halo. If it wasn't for this site and the passionate posters, I would have abandoned this game so long ago. 

Speaking of growing the scene, @@LethuL get your new best man in your wedding Gothalion to stream some Halo, I know I would watch :simms:  (I would watch any way since I am a Gothalion sub now for 2 years)

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think I have officially reached the @@CyReN level of caring about Halo. If it wasn't for this site and the passionate posters, I would have abandoned this game so long ago.

I still care about Halo still, I just don't care as much as I once did :mj:

For anyone just wanting to take a break or try something new....check out the HGC Mid Season Brawl playoff/championship rounds starting tomorrow morning.  Its from Dreamhack Sweden.  They have a phenomenal tournament setup, amazing casters from all over the world, and perfect production.  Really has been a treat as a general esport fan.   

Can find out more here.  Both our NA representing teams start as early as 7am EDT tomorrow morning and start off in the losers-bracket since they took the 3rd-4th seeds during the group rounds last week.  

http://us.heroesofthestorm.com/esports/en/schedule

• Upvote (+1) 2

For anyone just wanting to take a break or try something new....check out the HGC Mid Season Brawl playoff/championship rounds starting tomorrow morning.  Its from Dreamhack Sweden.  They have a phenomenal tournament setup, amazing casters from all over the world, and perfect production.  Really has been a treat as a general esport fan.   

Can find out more here.  Both our NA representing teams start as early as 7am EDT tomorrow morning and start off in the losers-bracket since they took the 3rd-4th seeds during the group rounds last week.  

http://us.heroesofthestorm.com/esports/en/schedule

nice try che chou

edit: welp, i'm an idiot, joke failed

hit me with some negs pls

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm extremely annoyed that the last conversation we might have about Victory X is how badly he got screwed over.

In my opinion, his biggest detriment in Halo 5 was that he never really networked. He didn't play much or forge friendships with many of the newer Halo 5 pros and it hurt his chances to get on other teams.

He is not bad at Halo 5 at all and undoubtedly deserves to be on pro teams.