CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What did victory do for them to treat him like this?

I really do not understand the danoxide slander. The guy can play any style, and do it well. I'm sure he's pissed he left a solid core with cratos and str8 sick only to see the core he joined with str8 just up and leave for better teams.

Cratos wasn't the problem. I hope he joins a solid team and relegates Ronin.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If this was their motive they shouldn't have let him play yesterday and told ninja it was because of a technicality.

My point is I'm very dubious LG gave a legitimate reason for the sub or made clear their intentions to block Victory out of this week's matches because they were kicking him the following week. If they in any sense made their intentions clear and they were accepted by ESL why would they be forced to play with him for one of the days?

Knowing how ratty and underhand team changes are in Halo I'd put more faith in them trying to sneak the sub by without concrete reasoning.

Probably a hot take here, but:

How is ESL supposed to know that LG needed Ryanoob for both matches this week? Ninja himself stated that he accidentally put "match" instead of "matches". Yes, they let Cratos get away with bullshit, but maybe ESL wants to stop making decisions off of assumptions, like assuming that bubu dubu is actually on a team with Cratos, or assuming that LG needs Ryanoob for both matches. I'm not going to defend ESL to the death because they have been pretty shitty for Halo, but their decision in this instance is forgivable. If anything, it's the inconsistency ("MUH LIVING RULEBOOK") that's bad. Also pretty bad is wasting everyone's time like that.

The error on LG's part is not worthy of the whole series being forfeited, especially when every team only gets to play 6 in total. It would have taken 5 minutes to speak to the 3 players on LG and confirm who their fourth was, make a ruling and proceed with the match.

If they wanted to punish LG they could have just given the first game of the series to OG and nothing more would have been needed. They could have even played the series and informed everyone that a ruling would be made later if they were that unsure of what to do. Instead they delayed the stream by 30 minutes, robbed two teams of practice and made the next 2 teams play earlier then they should have.

On top of that WHY THE FUCK are teams being submitted by a written email? Have ESL & HCS ever heard of a team sheet? An under 9's sports team has more organizational skills than this bunch of amateurs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Last week of Pro League coming up. Here's the standings with best/worst possible outcomes.

Optic: 5-0 (15-2)

vs Splyce

vs Liquid

Best possible record: 7-0 (21-2)

Worst possible record: 5-2 (15-8)

Can place: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd

Splyce: 5-0 (15-4)

vs Optic

vs Luminosity

Best possible record: 7-0 (21-4)

Worst possible record: 5-2 (15-10)

Can place: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd

Liquid: 3-2 (10-8)

vs Evil Geniuses

vs Optic

Best possible record: 5-2 (16-8)

Worst possible record: 3-4 (10-14)

Can place: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

EnVy: 2-3 (11-11)

vs Ronin

vs Str8 Rippin

Best possible record: 4-3 (17-11)

Worst possible record: 2-5 (11-17)

Can place: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Evil Geniuses: 2-3 (10-10)

vs Liquid

vs Ronin

Best possible record: 4-3 (16-10)

Worst possible record: 2-5 (10-16)

Can place: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Luminosity: 2-3 (7-12)

vs Str8 Rippin

vs Splyce

Best possible record: 4-3 (13-12)

Worst possible record: 2-5 (7-18)

Can place: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th

Ronin: 1-4 (5-14)

vs EnVy

vs Evil Geniuses

Best possible record: 3-4 (11-14)

Worst possible record: 1-6 (5-20)

Can place: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th

Str8 Rippin: 0-5 (3-15)

vs Luminosity

vs EnVy

Best possible record: 2-5 (9-15)

Worst possible record: 0-7 (3-21)

Can place: 6th, 7th, 8th

Str8 Rippin cannot place higher than 6th as they cannot pass EG or nV in map percentage.

- nV worst map percentage 11-17 (.647)

- EG worst map percentage 10-16 (.625)

- Str8 best map percentage 9-15 (.600)

Meanwhile, due to Liquid's bad map percentage; given an insane week of everything falling into place, Ronin still has a chance at 3rd place.

I don't think liquid can finish first since optic or splyce will win when they play each other. Meaning one of those teams will at worst have one loss. Either of them could have 2 losses but both of them cannot

Edit: not trying to be a jerk. thanks for puting this together. It was very helpful to think through possible scenarios.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think liquid can finish first since optic or splyce will win when they play each other. Meaning one of those teams will at worst have one loss. Either of them could have 2 losses but both of them cannot

Edit: not trying to be a jerk. thanks for puting this together. It was very helpful to think through possible scenarios.

Yeah, this Is correct. I also have to say good work putting that together @@ssbChad :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone know what the 1st 3 map/gametypes were going to be played in the OG vs LG series?

I used to wear shorts under my shorts for a while when I was younger. BUT I had a good reason for it. I really liked to wear those "authentic college team basketball shorts" but they didn't have pockets, so I wore shorts with pockets underneath. I felt like a genius.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So... 343 is looking for a Design Manager...

But you didn't hear it from me and I absolutely in no possible way have a bias towards wanting someone who understands Comp Halo to get the job  :simms:

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=9&jid=286239&jlang=EN&pp=SS

"This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on one of the biggest multiplayer franchises in the industry!"  :kappa:

--

Also, if T2 and Elam stop casting because of their "bias" and associated drama, I will stop watching the pro league. Their casting keeps things interesting actually. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ok so i've been out of the scene for a while now...

What happened with Victory and LG?

Whats up with T2 and Og2?

Someone please fill me in please!

Thanks!

Tom basically said Tom did nothing to grow the Halo scene, so there was a large discussion of what Tom has done vs. what Tom has done. In the end, we all agreed that Tom did more than Tom and now Tom is unhappy with Tom.

Really the whole Tom vs. Tom fiasco is just a bunch of tomfoolery.

giphy.gif

Trying to catch up from yesterday, and this part made more sense than the ESL ruling.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It really needs to be said that this rotating bullshit in signatures is completely obnoxious.

Is there anything you don't find obnoxious? :kappa: no :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there anything you don't find obnoxious? :kappa: no :kappa:

Of course. The absence of rotating team logos and meme face coins doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course. The absence of rotating team logos and meme face coins doesn't bother me in the slightest.

wrong-place.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Through ESL, all things are possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I pine for the days of lan league and pro-points

• Upvote (+1) 3

The winner is @@valaea! PM me with your gamertag.

amazing, thanks dude

i promise to post a screenshot of the actual skins and not XP boosts lol

• Upvote (+1) 6

Nope, you're right. Edited now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, do people think Towey was serious when he was "criticizing" Elamite? He was just poking fun at the T2/Ogre2 drama.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, do people think Towey was serious when he was "criticizing" Elamite? He was just poking fun at the T2/Ogre2 drama.

Only people that didn't pay attention to the T2/2gre nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 2