CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would have been fine with ESL not allowing LG to sub at all this week if Victory actually was willing and able to play. Actually would have been happy with that decision. But approving the sub request, then making LG forfeit today's matches bc Ninja didn't add an "es" to match just seems ridiculously petty. It almost seems like they saw some of the backlash on twitter for allowing the sub yesterday, then tried to make up with it this ruling. Just comes off kinda pathetic.

If Ninja said something along the lines of "Ryanoob will be subbing in our pro league match this week," and ESL legitimately thought he just meant one match, why would they not respond with "which match?" Snakebite even said earlier that ESL made them confirm multiple times which ones they wanted to use a sub.

ESL has no problem with players bypassing the rules, but you will feel their wrath if you make a typo in an email to them.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm in a good mood tonight despite ESL's ridiculousness. As a new fan of TL, I will be giving away a Liquid skin. Neg rep this post for a chance to win. Winner gets picked at Midnight tonight (EST).

@@Moa can't win after shenanigans from the last giveaway I saw on here.

7wT1NKX.png

The winner is @@valaea! PM me with your gamertag.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It really needs to be said that this rotating bullshit in signatures is completely obnoxious.

I believe you can hide all sigs from showing up

• Upvote (+1) 1

It really needs to be said that this rotating bullshit in signatures is completely obnoxious.

Using mobile has some benefits.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe you can hide all sigs from showing up

Of this I am aware. Thus far I have hidden sigs on a case-by-base basis. I make immediate use of this feature the instant someone's signature starts rotating at me.

About oddball. I'm just thinking about the HGL videos I saw about hiding on maps and how if a team was down by a lot, they could hide the carrier and just win from that. Did stuff like that ever happen in h2/3?

About oddball. I'm just thinking about the HGL videos I saw about hiding on maps and how if a team was down by a lot, they could hide the carrier and just win from that. Did stuff like that ever happen in h2/3?

this isn't h3, so who cares?

• Downvote (-1) 3

This is the best thing that 2gre could have done for the Halo scene. He's making it interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

that OG-LG situation was embarrassing for ESL and Halo, i hope the HCS council addresses that shit

Didn't we say this after Worlds. I don't remember seeing an apology statement or anything about that. So I doubt this will do anything for them

Thinking about the T2 drama (and I think Ogre2 has a bit of a point, but I don't think T2 is too bad most of the time and has certainly gotten better), would be great if ESL would use the opportunity to have new talent cast STR8's pro league matches in the future. Provides some variety in the broadcasts and opportunities for those wanting to establish themselves more, rather than just popping up at events. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

So why do we think Huke is leaving NV? Because he did bad for a couple matches? Or is there more to it?

I mean yeah, he will leave for cod, but what's got everyone so sure all of a sudden?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why do we think Huke is leaving NV? Because he did bad for a couple matches? Or is there more to it?

I mean yeah, he will leave for cod, but what's got everyone so sure all of a sudden?

I don't speak for everyone but a biggie for me is the likelihood that we won't be seeing a new Halo FPS until 2019

I haven't really posted anything about it but I briefly thought about players like Huke leaving the other day because of the impending release of a CoD that actually doesn't look like trash combined with the HCS not really making an effort towards quality. About the time the next CoD's tournaments are in full swing we're going to be lucky to even have a remotely acceptable population playing Halo in general and the competitive side of things will probably be extremely stagnant if they even choose to continue funding tournaments. 

So basically people are pissed that LG can abuse the sub rule but somehow assume it's all above board with ESL?

"We need to fuck over a player before the second roster period"

"Right ok you can fuck him over but only for one day"

Very obviously their intentions were not known. Very obviously having a sub for multiple days raises more questions. But hey Ninja one of the guys fucking over Victory made it seem publicly like it was just a technicality and they had carte blanche to do what they want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So basically people are pissed that LG can abuse the sub rule but somehow assume it's all above board with ESL?

"We need to fuck over a player before the second roster period"

"Right ok you can fuck him over but only for one day"

Very obviously their intentions were not known. Very obviously having a sub for multiple days raises more questions. But hey Ninja one of the guys fucking over Victory made it seem publicly like it was just a technicality and they had carte blanche to do what they want.

If this was their motive they shouldn't have let him play yesterday and told ninja it was because of a technicality.

I haven't really been able/interested in following these last two weeks. Could I possibly get a summary of events?

It appears there was some t2/ogre2 drama? Some roster drama? And some ESL fuckery? Any series worth watching on VOD?