CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I remember when a different team with Sparty and Suspector blew a big lead on Rig TS not too long ago

• Upvote (+1) 3

Clamber in a vacuum doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that many many very basic jumps require that you use it. All of those should be crouch-jumpable with clamber only being required for more extreme jumps. However, this (much like sprint) makes map design harder and means jumping and positioning mistakes "hurt less". You can't control the flow of a map based on geometry as well as you could before because you can bet your ass that the community will find ways to mess with it that were never intended. Not that players weren't finding unique ways around before advanced mobility, but at least the pace of that movement was controlled. Edit: its for those bigger picture reasons that i don't like clamber.

You could fix alot of the problem with clamber if it had a tighter window.It essentially becomes another version of crouch jumping though you have to lower your gun :(

I would have been fine with ESL not allowing LG to sub at all this week if Victory actually was willing and able to play. Actually would have been happy with that decision. But approving the sub request, then making LG forfeit today's matches bc Ninja didn't add an "es" to match just seems ridiculously petty. It almost seems like they saw some of the backlash on twitter for allowing the sub yesterday, then tried to make up with it this ruling. Just comes off kinda pathetic. 

If Ninja said something along the lines of "Ryanoob will be subbing in our pro league match this week," and ESL legitimately thought he just meant one match, why would they not respond with "which match?" Snakebite even said earlier that ESL made them confirm multiple times which ones they wanted to use a sub.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Standings have nothing to do with it.

So how was it decided which team got priority of the roster change between Liquid and LG? 

I think Heinz should retire so Str8 can pick up Contra and Ryanoob. Heinz hasn't been looking so hot for a while now.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I think Heinz should retire so Str8 can pick up Contra and Ryanoob. Heinz hasn't been looking so hot for a while now.

I know people like to say Danoxides the problem but imo its not. Build around Danoxide. Drop Commonly cause its not working and drop Heinz and pickup Contra and Ryanoob. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

They are one of the best pair of casters we have. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's what I'm thinking. The slayer with 3 "support" players should be getting most kills on the team.

For me he plays on his own a little bit too much on his own, and when you comapre Eco and Renegade to Danoxide, both players are very calm, calculated and very good OBJ players.

Because Dan gets kills, great shot maybe one of the best in the game, but I don't think his play style suits Heinz or Rayne. I'd rather pick up two slayers who might not be as good as Dan at slaying but better at objective work and with power weapons. Dan is also a player that likes to go off hype and adrenalin, the rest of the team doesn't.

Edit: I apologize for the English, typing on phone

It's really hard not to have stats at the top of the team when you're teaming with Heinz + 2 other people that play selflessly around you (Hamy/Rayne, Ace/APG).

But fact of the matter is, those 3 have seen more success with someone less stat-focused (Eco) and someone similarly stat-focused (Renegade) which suggests maybe Danoxide has some room to grow.

The meta is to have more slayers and less support players. In Halo 5 slayers are more valuable. Look at Splyce with three slayers and 1 support in Shooter or Optic with 4 slayers or NV with 3 slayers and 1 support. Even Liquid dropped their only support player in Rayne for a slayer and have improved cause of it. Plus the support players remaining in the top 4 teams are always predicted to be dropped. 

To add look how much better EG has looked since they dropped a OBJ player for a slayer. LG will also improve with the drop of Vic X another support player. Face it support players are a dying breed as the young guns and the meta is switching over to having 4 players who can slay and do the OBJ.

Saiyan, Huke, Tapping Buttons, Shotzzy and Danoxide are new players to the scene are already the best on their respective teams and all are slayers. I can't even name a new pro to the Halo scene that is a support player. Can you? 

Teams are recognising this and support players are becoming endangered. I suspect Commonly and El town won't last long with their new teams. Also, players like Heinz are going to be on the hot seat if they don't improve. We will see teams getting younger and picking up more AM slayers. 

• Upvote (+1) 2