CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really wanted to see OpTic 3-0 LG so I could watch lxthul trash talk ninja  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I stopped watching for 5 minutes. And come back to the twitch cht filled with BOOOO!

Guess people finally got tired of it.

Edit: Also r9k mode after 10 minutes of chat spam. LUL

• Upvote (+1) 1

So after all the roster shenanigans in the past, with a whopping 4k viewers on Twitch and already mad fan base after E3, now is the time to not allow a team play when those two teams would bring in the most viewers? I mean who is making these decisions?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why isn't APG just on LG already? And why don't they just play with VicX, he seemed pretty willing?

Sorry I haven't been following the league closely

They kicked Victory off the team before next week's transfer period and them forced him not to play this week, both actions were against the rules.

APG can't be officially on the team until next week's transfer period.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL that sniper shot was a blank from Danoxide. 

Damn you 343. 

Seeing this sort of stuff just demoralises me even as a European. How is Halo supposed to grow if this is happening in the main base of competition (NA)?

Just hurts really. I think ATL will still be a great event regardless of the issues we have seen in Production over in the NA.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They kicked Victory off the team before next week's transfer period and them forced him not to play this week, both actions were against the rules.

What does it even mean to "officially" be on the team? They can't play with him? They can't play in pro league with him? They can't scirm with him? It seems arbitrary to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What does it even mean to "officially" be on the team? They can't play with him? They can't play in pro league with him? They can't scirm with him? It seems arbitrary to me.

Scrims are unrelated to the pro league. APG is technically still on Str8 until next week since Ace already left in the previous roster period, which is why APG can't play on LG yet in the pro league. This is also why LG and Str8 are both using subs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Victory was performing pretty well for LG, I don't get why things have to turn out this way :/ 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I admittedly haven't followed closely since Daytona.. but man as someone who use to follow the roster movement closely I can't imagine what viewers who aren't super into following the news are thinking right now. 

From what I gather, Ace & APG left Str8. Liquid got priority for team change due to current standings. 

Str8 replaced Ace with Rayne, and are currently substituting APG with Commonly. 

Commonly is going to be the permanent replacement for Str8 next week? Maybe?

Victory is being replaced on LG by APG.. but APG can't play, so Ryanoob was subbing for Vic/APG? 

Is that right? If so.. bring me back to the hurricane days. At least there was something to be excited about instead of just confused and disappointed by rulings. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre2 could given back to the scene by playing as VicX so LG didn't have to forfeit today.  :lxthul:

that OG-LG situation was embarrassing for ESL and Halo, i hope the HCS council addresses that shit

• Upvote (+1) 8

Danoxide is a decent player but just doesn't fit that team at all.

The worse pick up of H5?

Str8 offer a lot of support but Dan seems the kind of player to play for 1v1s

it's just wild that they can't make an exception for a silly mistake like Ninja not saying "games" in an email.

1) The stream waited a half an hour over it.

2) We missed the GreenWall viewers.

3) We missed an entire Halo match.

Like, it probably would have been a 3-0, and technically the rules were broken, but seeing as the rules are a "living document" do the benefits not outweigh the slight mistake? Just let them play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I admittedly haven't followed closely since Daytona.. but man as someone who use to follow the roster movement closely I can't imagine what viewers who aren't super into following the news are thinking right now. 

From what I gather, Ace & APG left Str8. Liquid got priority for team change due to current standings. 

Str8 replaced Ace with Rayne, and are currently substituting APG with Commonly. 

Commonly is going to be the permanent replacement for Str8 next week? Maybe?

Victory is being replaced on LG by APG.. but APG can't play, so Ryanoob was subbing for Vic/APG? 

Is that right? If so.. bring me back to the hurricane days. At least there was something to be excited about instead of just confused and disappointed by rulings. 

Standings have nothing to do with it.

Been out of the loop a little--if Commonly's subbing, do we know who Str8's 4th is gonna be after this?

Probably a hot take here, but:

How is ESL supposed to know that LG needed Ryanoob for both matches this week? Ninja himself stated that he accidentally put "match" instead of "matches". Yes, they let Cratos get away with bullshit, but maybe ESL wants to stop making decisions off of assumptions, like assuming that bubu dubu is actually on a team with Cratos, or assuming that LG needs Ryanoob for both matches. I'm not going to defend ESL to the death because they have been pretty shitty for Halo, but their decision in this instance is forgivable. If anything, it's the inconsistency ("MUH LIVING RULEBOOK") that's bad. Also pretty bad is wasting everyone's time like that.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Been out of the loop a little--if Commonly's subbing, do we know who Str8's 4th is gonna be after this?

Not decided yet. Might be commonly but just running games at the moment

Str8 is a mess, btw. lmao. Danoxide deserves better. nV Danoxide maybe?

And peep the boy Falcated going 17-10. Baller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm in a good mood tonight despite ESL's ridiculousness. As a new fan of TL, I will be giving away a Liquid skin. Neg rep this post for a chance to win. Winner gets picked at Midnight tonight (EST).

@@Moa can't win after shenanigans from the last giveaway I saw on here.

7wT1NKX.png

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 31