CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

and at the venue, a place to watch both matches comfortably & with audio.

the fact that this needs to be feedback....... -.-

• Upvote (+1) 2

See you guys in Florida.

I'll be helping out with this event so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

<3

Secondary streams need to be a thing at this and every HCS event this was a major complaint at the last two open events.

It also allows for us to see all the important matches in there entirety instead of just straight up seeing nothing.

Second suggestion is that LB finals and WB finals should be a B07 and not a B05.

Does it rub anyone else the wrong way that they keep posting those inflated twitter stats? Its honestly insulting.

I made a comment on an ESL Halo post about the numbers and got this response: "Why would you complain about that if you're a fan of Halo or competitive halo esports?"

That rubbed me even more the wrong way lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry if I missed it, but is UMG Daytona crowdfunded? Or are we postponing that further? 

Venue looks awesome, let's try to fill it up :)

Sorry if I missed it, but is UMG Daytona crowdfunded? Or are we postponing that further?

Venue looks awesome, let's try to fill it up :)

All that's been said is that the aim was to use crowdfunding to boost events after Worlds. The goal is to have more Opens with bigger prize pools.

I'm glad you're going to be there! I have a suggestion: Two streams, and at the venue, a place to watch both matches comfortably & with audio.

This. Hell I would even take the shitty observer mode being played on a second stream of a hyped match rather than hear about what happened while another match playing. Ultimate goal would be A and B streams so we can choose which match and switch back and forth.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm actually really considering going to this Daytona LAN, but flights to and from Daytona are about $350. :wutface:

For comparison, I can get a flight to and from Orlando for $91. :mj:

Seriously, when you do the math, the twitter stats don't look inflated. They look modest at best.

The Stream was in an ad window was heavily promoted by twitter, for 3days straight for an avg of like 7hrs a day. Less than 13 million different people interacted with it.

In contrast, Franks tweet was seen by 1.4 million people in the same timeframe no promotion from twitter at all.

If the viewership numbers were inflated, why would they be just 10x more than the tweet from a Team Beyond forum poster despite heavy promotion from twitter itself?

With 13million unique viewers, you can assume this is the number of people who actually CLICKED on the ad window and watched the stream. If it was just counting auto play the number would be much higher due to twitches ridiculous amount of daily users. Likewise if it was counting auto play, you would expect concurrent to be WELL OVER 135k, since the ad was in heavy rotation.

The large gap between peak concurrent and total unique suggests that most people clicked on the ad, watched it for a few, then closed it an never returned. But those numbers are no more "inflated" than the numbers you get on twitch when people do the exact same thing.

When they said Halo 5 would have ADS this isn't what I envisioned

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm actually really considering going to this Daytona LAN, but flights to and from Daytona are about $350. :wutface:

For comparison, I can get a flight to and from Orlando for $91. :mj:

This was posted a couple pages ago, might be of interest to you:

EVERYONE CONSIDERING GOING:

Check out prices to fly to Orlando (MCO). Sure, it's a bit of a drive (~1.5 hours), but you can rent a car for the weekend+ for less than $100, gas will cost you about $30, and I'm looking at MUCH cheaper prices. EWR (Newark) to MCO: ~$200. Stay a little and go to Disney or something lol

Maybe you can arrange with other Beyond attendees to carpool or something? :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

For those flying into MCO, they don't allow Uber. Annoying as hell.

I just have to give em props. We've got more than a months notice on this one (not great but better than usual), it was announced a few days after Worlds, and Pro league info is next week. The Halo twitter tweeted it and it's already popping up on game 

• Upvote (+1) 8

OT but can anyone link me the post where @@Vivi or whoever admitted that they accepted a fake roster? Or anything along those lines. Having trouble finding it.

Is there a particular reason Orlando is so much cheaper to fly to than Daytona?

This is 100% pure speculation but it could a 'Vegas' style thing where because its such a tourist trap due to the Disney and Universal parks the air fare is lower than surrounding areas to get more people visiting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

OT but can anyone link me the post where @@Vivi or whoever admitted that they accepted a fake roster? Or anything along those lines. Having trouble finding it.

I'm the one who asked, he said Trump and Bernie could be on a Pro League roster if submitted.

• Upvote (+1) 2