CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What e6 wanted to do to stellur, lg supposedly did to victory. Unless victory is actually retiring, but the timing would be odd.

Eg might not win another series.

Has Oddball been playtested? I feel like H5's movement and ability to move around the map and cover ground would make the odd ball holder a pretty severe handicap.

Which is a good thing. One thing I hate about assault is how fast the ball holder moves. Either way, I'm sure they'd give the ball holder a double thrust.

Assault needs to be a bomb and everyone in the vicinity needs to die when it goes off. Instead confetti goes off like it's a party.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What e6 wanted to do to stellur, lg supposedly did to victory. Unless victory is actually retiring, but the timing would be odd.

Judging by Victory X's tweet saying that he will be playing in Pro League, he hadn't retired. He might have retired now since he has no options, but at the time he intended on playing. LG forced him not to play.

LG should be the new villain team now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Assault needs to be a bomb and everyone in the vicinity needs to die when it goes off. Instead confetti goes off like it's a party.

So much this.  I have been saying that since the first time i armed a bomb and it "exploded" and nobody died.  like, what, in, the, actual, fuck.

I think this mechanic helps to "reset the map" as well and makes arming the bomb feel so much more climactic and satisfying.  Since you're here @@Deez, what was the thought process behind this change?

Edit: anybody who hasn't played assault in a while.  it is a little better now.  Slightly faster sticky arming helps.  All they need to do is make it kill everybody in the vicinity and change the player respawn to 10 seconds and it could be good

• Upvote (+1) 1

Judging by Victory X's tweet saying that he will be playing in Pro League, he hadn't retired. He might have retired now since he has no options, but at the time he intended on playing. LG forced him not to play.

Oh they are, but they're pretty irrelevant anyways.

It's kinda hard to combat it when the rule book is ever-changing.

Imagine if the NFL or FIA had a living document that changed based on the person breaking the rules. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

None of us actually know what happened yet, just speculation so far

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oddball on Rig would be awful. It'd be Pit KotH spawn issues all over again.

I might be wrong but isn't the current H5 spawn system the main reason (according to 343) that Oddball hasn't been introduced? I remember reading that somewhere, not that it's a good excuse or anything.

My point being they would have to address spawns anyways if they implemented Oddball so however bad we think Rig would play with its current spawns, 343 would have to update them. And probably end up making them worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

None of us actually know what happened yet, just speculation so far

It's pretty clear judging by Ogre 2's tweet, Victory's tweets, and also numerous pros tweeting #Justice4Victory in response. There are still gaps in the story but all signs are pointing to Victory getting screwed and ESL letting LG get away with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's pretty clear judging by Ogre 2's tweet, Victory's tweets, and also numerous pros tweeting #Justice4Victory in response. There are still gaps in the story but all signs are pointing to Victory getting screwed and ESL letting LG get away with it.

I imagine you are right yeah :( real shame

• Upvote (+1) 2

Of the current HCS maps the only map I could potentially see KOTH played on is Coli just based on map size. Maybe another map could be added for KOTH? I don't have h5 so I don't any of the other non HCS maps other than Stasis but everyone hated that map.

For Oddball though I could see a lot of the current maps working out. Truth, Rig, and Eden would be my top 3. But even Empire and Regret could work too. Hell maybe Fathom or Plaza? They'd obviously have to be tested though.

Might as well test since we're going to have h5 for a while.

Or all the evidence that ESL has is the same as we have, hearsay and vague tweets, and decided not to act on such shoddy information.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I might be wrong but isn't the current H5 spawn system the main reason (according to 343) that Oddball hasn't been introduced? I remember reading that somewhere, not that it's a good excuse or anything.

My point being they would have to address spawns anyways if they implemented Oddball so however bad we think Rig would play with its current spawns, 343 would have to update them. And probably end up making them worse.

I don't think there are any announcer queues for Oddball yet either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spawns, presentation, actual testing, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a distinction can be made for T2's situation in the conflict of interest. There isn't anything wrong about having both a primary and secondary interest in the field a person is in, it becomes an issue when the secondary interests leads to impropriety due to those interests having greater importance in the decision making of the person's professional duties. 

So casting while Str8 is playing is an ethical problem when he starts using his primary interest (professional duties) to benefit Str8 directly, such as monetarily. If you don't like his bias/prejudice in casting then it's a subjective value judgement rather than an actual conflict of interest. Let's stay he starts plugging Str8 merch while casting, then it's a problem. Him showing some passion (anger or joy) over his team while casting isn't.

It's also a double edge sword, he can just as easily hurt the Str8 brand with his words as help them. Not to mention this is a grey area because no one is fully objective, it's an issue of an individual's tolerance level. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There shouldn't be any expectations on former pros towards growing the scene.  Everyone played for various reasons and whether they choose to continue supporting once they're done is their own decision to make.  They have lives and responsibilities outside of Halo.

In Ogre2's case, he's a consistent streamer, mentor to young talent, analyst then coach for EG, respected and friends with a lot of folks in the community, and doesn't throw shade at current pros like vets in other sports do.  Short of literally joining 343, what more do people want?  He's basically Jordan by retiring as the GOAT and now runs a Halo team.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Plus the new CoD looks better than Halo 5. So it's not a tough choice to make imo.

Accident neg. Damn mobile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There shouldn't be any expectations on former pros towards growing the scene.  Everyone played for various reasons and whether they choose to continue supporting once they're done is their own decision to make.  They have lives and responsibilities outside of Halo.

In Ogre2's case, he's a consistent streamer, mentor to young talent, analyst then coach for EG, respected and friends with a lot of folks in the community, and doesn't throw shade at current pros like vets in other sports do.  Short of literally joining 343, what more do people want?  He's basically Jordan by retiring as the GOAT and now runs a Halo team.

people are critical of 2gre specifically because he was a ghost for the first 12-13 years of his halo career, the majority of those things he just started doing recently

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

people are critical of 2gre specifically because he was a ghost for the first 12-13 years of his halo career, the majority of those things he just started doing recently

AKA only when he retired and no longer was making money through competing  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you meant to say every single pro player with the exception of maybe T2 was a ghost until Twitch/Twitter/Youtube became popular and sources of income.  Halo peaked too early :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

This shade throwing with the Toms is no more than drama fodder (which I'm all for), cause nothing is quantifiable, how the hell do we measure someone's impact? We can throw out vague statements, but that's about it. 

Not to mention even if 2gre is doing everything primarily as a source of income and secondarily as helping the scene, who has the right to bitch about him being self serving? He's got to make a living. And anyone's motivations in anything are very rarely not self serving in some way. That's just human nature. One could make the same accusation of T2 or anyone else.  

• Upvote (+1) 1