CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think "current streak" would be a much better stat to display than "longest streak" on the team cards before each series.

What does growing the scene constitute, anyways? 

Nowadays?

Streaming high quality matchmaking games while talking about H5 being "not that bad."

What does growing the scene constitute, anyways?

Ogre2 is the greates Halo player of all times and has done jack shit to promote Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Ogre2 is the greates Halo player of all times and has done jack shit to promote Halo.

Does being the greatest Halo player of all time not count as promoting Halo?

Halo 5 isn't worth promoting for him anymore. He clearly doesn't enjoy it, so why should he feel obligated to do so for a game he can't be confident in?

To be fair, I don't even know if he promotes CE either.

Call me a fanboy but shade like that at 2gre grinds my gears. He's not the best at Halo 5, but he has done quite a bit for it and much more for previous Halos.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you don't enjoy the game you're playing, and the company barely gives a shit about the overall quality of said game.

Why should he help?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would argue that just by virtue being the greatest Halo player of all time, he's done plenty. He's probably the best FPS player of all time, and he's arguably the best esports player of all time (inb4 Faker fanboys).

Tom has been actively growing the scene since the "Slave Labor" aspect was removed from the rulebook.

Brilliant find.  Watch it be deleted by the end of the night.

I would argue that just by virtue being the greatest Halo player of all time, he's done plenty. He's probably the best FPS player of all time, and he's arguably the best esports player of all time (inb4 Faker fanboys).

Best esports Player?? He wouldn't even make a top20 list, maybe in console he is one the best overall.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tom has been a player, coach, and analyst in Halo 5. He constantly streams Halo 5, supports the EG roster, and fulfills sponsorship responsibilities for one of the largest orgs that has gotten involved in Halo.

probably not the best time to call him by his first name xD I had no idea who you were talking about until the EG part

• Upvote (+1) 8

redRIrJ.png

T2 is quick to criticize everyone else for "not growing the Halo scene." But honestly, what the fuck has he really done that is so much better than the other pros or community members.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

true. outside of streaming, hosting pro league, analyzing for eg, playing for eg, and now coaching for eg, 2gre has done absolutely nothing to promote halo

• Upvote (+1) 6

Best esports Player?? He wouldn't even make a top20 list, maybe in console he is one the best overall.

He's won 40 events. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

T2 is quick to criticize everyone else for "not growing the Halo scene." But honestly, what the fuck has he really done that is so much better than the other pros or community members.

He's a team owner, a great caster, and promotes Halo on social media constantly. I don't think T2's criticism is correct, but neither is yours.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In a console FPS ...

In one of the biggest Esports at his time. Why are we now questioning 2gres credentials???

• Upvote (+1) 6

Tom has been a player, coach, and analyst in Halo 5. He constantly streams Halo 5, supports the EG roster, and fulfills sponsorship responsibilities for one of the largest orgs that has gotten involved in Halo.

Which Tom?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2 is the greatest Halo player of all time. Comparing him against other esports is a complete waste of time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy has got to play smarter when the other team has snipe. He's gotten picked off like 4-5 times this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2