CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We can argue about whether Pistola or Shotzzy is the better overall Halo 5 player, but plain and simple: Shotzzy can do things that other H5 players can't. And it's fun as shit to watch. 

There are people that would argue that Ola is better than Shotzzy? Who are those people? 

I think you're right when you say he's fun as shit to watch. Perhaps it would be easier to declare him the most entertaining H5 player.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sorry, I meant more along the lines of that was a troll response. At least I would imagine?

No he was pretty serious. A lot of pros play MM with Sabinator. I'd believe it.

We can argue about whether Pistola or Shotzzy is the better overall Halo 5 player, but plain and simple: Shotzzy can do things that other H5 players can't. And it's fun as shit to watch. 

There is no argument Shotzzy is way better than Ola. Frosty just said in the twitch chat that Shotzzy is the best player in the game right now. I'll take his opinion on the topic.

Imagine how much of a monster Shotzzy is gonna be a year or two from now...

Splyce's owner compared him to having the potential of to be Halo's LeBron. He's not wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is no argument Shotzzy is way better than Ola. Frosty just said in the twitch chat that Shotzzy is the best player in the game right now. I'll take his opinion on the topic.

I know he plays MM with them, but that's a huge difference compared to actually teaming with someone. If he was indeed serious, that certainly speaks to the skill that Sab must have.

@@Frosty just said that Shotzzy is the best player in H5 as of right now... thoughts?

I'd still give it to Huke or Snakebite or Royal 2 but Shotzzy is easily top 5

What does this mean?

According to the rules, Victory should have been the player LG played with tonight as long as he made himself available. LG played with Ryanoob instead even though Victory was available to play.

#JustESLThings

• Upvote (+1) 7

There are people that would argue that Ola is better than Shotzzy? Who are those people? 

I think you're right when you say he's fun as shit to watch. Perhaps it would be easier to declare him the most entertaining H5 player.

I agree with you two. But I'm pretty sure last week there was a shitstorm on here when someone suggested Shotzzy was better than Pistola, so that's why I prefaced my statement by saying you could make an argument.

At this point I think the only argument against Shotzzy is the fact that he doesn't have that much experience - but even then we have nothing to prove that he can't handle high pressure situations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What exactly happened to victory? He get dropped after the transfer period?

All of the above. Some HCS player interviews and Pro League coverage would be great, but obviously diversifying to other games is necessary.

Well I'll be doing player interviews at DreamHack Atlanta (video) but under my normal grind RealSport101, but Frostbite and I considered doing a podcast (The N00b Combo) which would be fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

What exactly happened to victory? He get dropped after the transfer period?

from what i've seen in ninja's chat, victory is retiring. it seems to fit as he hasn't been on (at least his main account) and ended up not playing tonight

Agreed. Definitely, will try to do more esports coverage here on Beyond. 

Would you want just HCS coverage or other esports like RL and GoW? 

Do you remember the interviews MLG used to do with players and sometimes teams? Usually a few paragraphs but it let people get to know the thoughts that teams/players had. I think that would be pretty interesting especially with newer players that nobody really knows anything about.

Congrats to t2. He is an awesome caster. Made str8 into an org finally. And now expanded into Cod. Making good moves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

is that 2gre trying to call out that sub? seems kind of a dick move if so

It looks like Victory's initial tweet suggests that he's good to play, therefore LG didn't need a sub. Looks like 2gre is stickin up for his friend. #Justice4Victory

• Upvote (+1) 3

According to the rules, Victory should have been the player LG played with tonight as long as he made himself available. LG played with Ryanoob instead even though Victory was available to play.

#JustESLThings

This whole thing is weird.

This Twitter thread makes it seem like Victory wanted to play but knew that LG was planning on playing without him anyways. I wonder if Victory's tweet last night that said something like "I will be playing tomorrow :)" was bc he wanted to make it clear that he was available to play and that LG would be breaking rules by playing without him. If LG couldn't play with aPG who is joining them soon, I don't understand why they wouldn't just go ahead and play with Victory?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Frosty: You beating nV tomorrow?

Shotzzy: ya

Frosty: Get a running riot and I'll Paypal $40

Shotzzy: deal

^ Pretty close to transcript in Halo Twitch chat lol

• Upvote (+1) 7