CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I suspect eg is going to drop someone for victory. If victory is playing this week, then maybe lg won't be using a sub?

Roy said on stream last night that they had no intention to pick up Vic X.

But ya know...  anything can happen.  I think it would be a solid pick up.

APG should never have been allowed to leave Str8 and there shouldn't have ever been two separate transfer periods within one tiny pro league season. Imagone how much of a random and incoherent clusterfuck these next two weeks will appear to be to the average viewer who isn't on Beyond all day.

• Upvote (+1) 4

APG should never have been allowed to leave Str8 and there shouldn't have ever been two separate transfer periods within one tiny pro league season. Imagone how much of a random and incoherent clusterfuck these next two weeks will appear to be to the average viewer who isn't on Beyond all day.

I'm sure all 15 of those people will manage.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I'm sure all 15 of those people will manage.

We should be structuring our league in a manner that attracts new viewers to stick around.

Rostermania is fun for us forumgoers and good for the pros (who for some reason feel entitled to have as little rules governing them as possible) but overall a drain on the growth of the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pro League should be fun.

No more breaks please that killed all momentum. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Divine domination are also running with speed in place of talic. Is EU roster lock tonight or has it already passed?

I don't even try to keep up with EU rosters.

Am I the only one who loves watching OS play? they are so good, at dream hack they're going to perform well, only upgrade i could see for them would be replacing Nem, but he seems to play well with their play style.

As a big EG fan as well, it really sucks watching how rough things have been with the twins game play, I see a lot of people bagging on Box, but honestly i feel like Box is at least consistent, hes either doing decent or going off. Roy on the other hand is either going off, or getting completely shit wrecked.

On a side note though, against Splyce i think Box went 1 and 16 in a slayer match if i'm not mistaken, which i'm pretty sure is one of the worst stat lines i've seen since renegoose.

I agree lunch gets the game better than Roy, but his shot is so bad it gives away so many free kills.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I agree lunch gets the game better than Roy, but his shot is so bad it gives away so many free kills.

Lunchbox is a good player, he understands H5 better than Roy, but the guy can't shoot.

I feel like I've heard this same thing about the twins since H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not Halo related, but more shitty news in the land of esports jobs:

Yahoo featured some big names in the LoL community, like Travis "Doublelift's Ex-Girlfriend" Gafford, and Karon Moser/Emily Rand, two of the best female writers in all of esports, who write some fantastic analytical articles about Chinese scene/junglers respectively.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not Halo related, but more shitty news in the land of esports jobs:

Yahoo featured some big names in the LoL community, like Travis "Doublelift's Ex-Girlfriend" Gafford, and Karon Moser/Emily Rand, two of the best female writers in all of esports, who write some fantastic analytical articles about Chinese scene/junglers respectively.

I'm sure they'll be picked up by rival publications. Yahoo Esports did good stuff but IMO was overshadowed by the likes of ESPN Esports and the Score. Esports journalism is by no means stable and publishers/sites are still trying to find good publishing models. 

Just happy I'm finally in a paid gig. 

We should be structuring our league in a manner that attracts new viewers to stick around.

Rostermania is fun for us forumgoers and good for the pros (who for some reason feel entitled to have as little rules governing them as possible) but overall a drain on the growth of the HCS.

Rest assured that there are plenty of bigger problems with competitive Halo right now that have a much bigger impact. The HCS is not growing at all (quite the opposite) and it's not because 6 teams out of the top 8 want to change their rosters every 2 days. And if the rosters weren't constantly changing, this thread would have hardly anything to gossip about while pretending this game isn't a joke. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think all of today's matches will be close, besides OpTic-EG. Mostly looking forward to LG vs Ronin.

• Upvote (+1) 1