CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So I guess this throws the budget excuse out of the window.

WEMBLEY, EXPO REFORMA, MILLENIAL ESPORTS ARENA, OCEAN CENTER ARENA for open events

ESL Burbank for the World Championships.

It doesn't add up.

Note: None of the above events were run by ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

KTT/TB fam meet up at a Halo event is needed

I may be going to Dreamhack Atlanta but nothing is for sure yet  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's actually pretty fucking insane to announce a $1 million dollar tournament before having a venue locked down when you think about it.

pro teams got 16k points

• Upvote (+1) 2

People were mad they didn't announce anything at Worlds, they announce this and now they are "distracting" us.

:uncledrew:

people were mad because 70k people were watching and they literally didn't advertise anything.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully this means that Millennial Esports is done running the qualifier tournaments and stuff along those lines for good and they hand that over to UMG since the HCS is partnering with them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so still no official statement regarding the the 4 year olds birthday party, I mean Halo World Championships aftermath?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

people were mad because 70k people were watching and they literally didn't advertise anything.

Which is a problem but lets not act like they threw this together in 3 days to distract us. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which is a problem but lets not act like they threw this together in 3 days to distract us. Lol

idk man, i'm gonna wait until @@FrankTheShow issues an offical statement

maybe that's exactly what happened  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just incase if anyone wants to look at what UMG's production is like. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

So is a 25k increase in prize money all from the crowd funding. Sheesh, I would've expected minimum 50k increase

Note: None of the above events were run by ESL.

Yeah that's my point. Some Folks were saying the bad venue was a lack of $ in HCS or a lack of support from 343/MS, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's gotta be the TO.

I wonder what it was they they were trying to pull off.... next time plan B should be a convention Hall. You can turn just about any one into a decent venue if push comes to shove.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People were mad they didn't announce anything at Worlds, they announce this and now they are "distracting" us.

:uncledrew:

Str8 skins would have sold like crazy man. What a missed opportunity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just incase if anyone wants to look at what UMG's production is like. 

i forgot how fucking awful the AW movement system was, holy shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah that's my point. Some Folks were saying the bad venue was a lack of $ in HCS or a lack of support from 343/MS, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's gotta be the TO.

I wonder what it was they they were trying to pull off.... next time plan B should be a convention Hall. You can turn just about any one into a decent venue if push comes to shove.

1m prize pool for an invitational vs 75k for an open event

ESL has to make money, so obviously venue cost wasn't top priority in the budget

idk man, i'm gonna wait until @@FrankTheShow issues an offical statement

maybe that's exactly what happened  :kappa:

The forum every time Frank goes on a rant

kZgmqy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

1m prize pool vs 75k

ESL has to make money, so obviously venue cost wasn't top priority in the budget

ESL didn't pay for that prize pool though....

1m prize pool for an invitational vs 75k for an open event

ESL isn't supplying the prize money. They handle the venue. Their operating expense are (if successful) covered by revenue from sponsors.

ESL didn't pay for that prize pool though....

343 pays for these tourneys and prize pools. Hence why the budget for a venue wasn't higher for ESL to work with

Spartan and Commonly aren't living in the same apartment any longer for the people asking how that would work if they were on diff teams...