CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seems like the HCS twitter has really stepped its game up - better, more informative graphics that are actually timely.

Thoughts? @@Moses_FPS

really is an exaggeration imo

pretty lack luster content tbh, but i will admit they are doing a slightly better job than before

Yes, the business, not every single branch of said business. They probably looked at that page the same way a lot of companies look at marketing campaigns.

The goal is to, overall, make money. You need to expense strategically to make that happen, and they obviously thought the upside and downside would be more favorable than they were.

then why did they intentionally isolate eswiki from the rest of their brand?

the eswiki strategy made zero sense and the guy gambled 1/4 million bucks on it

really is an exaggeration imo

pretty lack luster content tbh, but i will admit they are doing a slightly better job than before

then why did they intentionally isolate eswiki from the rest of their brand?

the eswiki strategy made zero sense and the guy gambled 1/4 million bucks on it

I don't have much of a baseline since I don't use Twitter a ton, that's why I asked. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have much of a baseline since I don't use Twitter a ton, that's why I asked. :)

99% of the content is just the same copy and paste team vs team graphic over and over again

they don't give you a reason to tune in, they don't tell the HCS story, they just tell you who is playing and when

lots of room for improvement but i'm confident they were get there eventually 

• Upvote (+1) 3

qrBQKv5.jpg

Smart people knew not to trust a ninja team, that said, that wasnt a honeymoon phase. They never beat the top teams in those scrims. They're still winning scrims vs lower tier teams and they just wrecked liquid in pro league. They even beat str8 in pool play at daytona. If they played Ronin for top6 instead of splyce, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It was a honeymoon phase. During those first 2 weeks, people had them in their top 3/4. Team Liquid was hot off their top 3 finish in HWC

bhcrvFk.jpg

Then they proceeded to not live up to the hype.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Respectful and Snakey just beat Bubu and Shotzzy in Truth Flag. EU > NA confirmed  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Man I always knew Quadios was a good player but I had no idea he'd step up to this level competing against pros. Great to see. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man I always knew Quadios was a good player but I had no idea he'd step up to this level competing against pros. Great to see. 

Well he is a pro now tbh. 

He said him and Ace went to cold stone before the scrim and it made them sick, and maniac played worse after that scrim to the point where he retired. 

I find this hilarious for some reason

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know this conversation is over, but WWII gameplay is popping up on youtube. I withdraw my last post; there is health regen, there are not 5 different classes to choose from (in the battlefield manner, at least. Seems like the 5 divisions are linked to perks). Sound is bleh, but seems good overall from what I've watched. 

Shame Destiny 2 is locked at 30 fps on both consoles. 

https://twitter.com/C9Skadoodle/status/874733503190941696 

"30 fps is more cinematic" 

"Human eye can't see beyond 24 frames per second"

"Just be grateful we're getting it at all"

"Xbox costs less than a graphics card"

"It's about fun, not frames per second"

"I don't notice frame rate if the game is good enough"

• Upvote (+1) 5

It was a honeymoon phase. During those first 2 weeks, people had them in their top 3/4. Team Liquid was hot off their top 3 finish in HWC

bhcrvFk.jpg

Then they proceeded to not live up to the hype.

And they just beat liquid in pro league. Those results are similar to them now. If the pool play rules weren't stupid they would have finished top6 and no one is talking about stupid honeymoon phases.

No one but ninja fans hyped that team anyway.

"30 fps is more cinematic"

"Human eye can't see beyond 24 frames per second"

"Just be grateful we're getting it at all"

"Xbox costs less than a graphics card"

"It's about fun, not frames per second"

"I don't notice frame rate if the game is good enough"

I don't know if it's because I don't have a gaming pc and only an Xbox, but I don't really care about graphics other than maybe it looking ok (doesn't need to be fantastic)

And they just beat liquid in pro league. Those results are similar to them now. If the pool play rules weren't stupid they would have finished top6 and no one is talking about stupid honeymoon phases.

No one but ninja fans hyped that team anyway.

A lot of people are forgetting that LG started grinding the new settings before the other top teams did, and as soon as other teams started to practice & LG had to take a break because of Cam's job they fell back to a 5/6 spot.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A lot of people are forgetting that LG started grinding the new settings before the other top teams did, and as soon as other teams started to practice & LG had to take a break because of Cam's job they fell back to a 5/6 spot.

The week long break was because of a family vacation, I believe. Could very well be wrong though. Not that it matters, lol

I don't know if it's because I don't have a gaming pc and only an Xbox, but I don't really care about graphics other than maybe it looking ok (doesn't need to be fantastic)

There's nothing wrong with "not caring about graphics", I don't like both sides of the argument (PC elitism and console denialism, I hate both).

What I don't like is people saying "there is no difference between 30fps and 60fps"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just so we all remember

NA standings

27xB59m.png

NA schedule

I4xTlb2.png

It should be interesting to watch with some team changes that we know are coming having to wait a week

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dont let all this esports wiki drama distract you from the fact that Cratos will never be a Halo pro again.

Don't let this post distract you from the fact that Cratos made more money in 1 year than most Halo pros in their 10+ years career.
  • Upvote (+1) 5