CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Overall that xbox conference was great. Console a good price, many expected it to cost near 1k so $500 is a solid price, really small aswell which is great, i hope it's quiet aswell. Some really cool looking games, Metro, Dragonball, Forza and Anthem all got me excited. Loads of really cool looking indie games aswell like Ori, Cuphead and The last light all look really beautiful and interesting.

OG games back on is really cool, really hope fable is on it, knights of the old republic, Burnout ( when it was good) need for speed (when it was good) and probably loads more.

Ps what's that game where you kill a guy in a dinner, then have to cover it up and escape, but also play as the police after you? Can't remember the name but loved the game

Indigo prophecy. Like practically a weird as fuck movie game. But I enjoyed it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As of today I no longer manage Halo EsportsWikis, as my contract (and the contracts of everyone else involved with EsportsWikis) was terminated by GAMURS.

Not sure what'll happen to the site and content now.

:(  :tear:  not the site with actual hcs info.

:(  :tear:  not the site with actual hcs info.

Hopefully it'll remain online and be kept updated by volunteers.

What do you think are the odds both LG and Str8 play with substitute 4ths during the next two weeks?

So about "HW2" esports, when is that happening? Or did Major Nelson screw up his speech.

Glad to see Dreamhack get more exposure.

They literally showed RTX when talking about Dreamhack. A convention which had no HCS 4v4 (had an FFA). They seriously couldn't get footage from 2016 worlds and put that instead. They used footage from a random convention which is slightly related to Halo but not at all to the HSC. The clip they even used only had one piece of Halo, and it was only for a fraction of a second and its that Halo game

t1hi3up.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk if anyone saw the multiplayer trailer for WWII, but if Halo doesn't step their shit up immediately, CoD is going to steal their whole fanbase. Holy shit CoD is back.

Did we watch the same trailer? I learned virtually nothing; it looked cool, but I still don't know if multiplayer will not have health regen and will go with the 5 class system. If the above two ideas are what they go with, no way in Hell do I buy the game which leads me to believe that they are indeed what's happening. They wouldn't want to drive away the population by showing that bullshit, so show a bunch of random "hype" high adrenaline gameplay, what CoD has always relied on. That trailer gave me even less hope for the new CoD than I have for H6.

Edit: I'd love to be proven wrong. Nothing short of a classic Halo would make me happier than a classic CoD game. Fuck the new jetpack bullcrap. I just want classic movement in a modern game.

Edit2: @@TryHardFan class based would drive me away, so it does mean something. CoD and Battlefield are very different, even if both have 0.5 second kill times. Disregarding scale of the matches, 6v6 (or 4v4) Battlefield couldn't come close to the same game as 6v6 CoD, even on the same maps. 

Edit3: Just rewatched the trailer, I'm even less hyped than I was which I didn't think was possible. Looks like it will be a larger scale than I'd like, and I still have no reason to believe that it won't be class based. Screw the flamethrower in MP, in addition to the bunker-style maps that they seemed to show. 0 hype from someone who was a CoD fan LONG before I was introduced to Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Almost zero gameplay elements to it. One of the best story games I've played lol.  :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 is on a serious downturn both in casual and esports context. The last few events have had pitiful attendance, even with pretty big prize pools and decent locations. Combine that with the confirmation that there will be no new game until at least 2019 and you have a dead franchise.

When did we get confirmation? No trailer is not the same as someone explicitly saying there won't be anything.

• Upvote (+1) 5

As of today I no longer manage Halo EsportsWikis, as my contract (and the contracts of everyone else involved with EsportsWikis) was terminated by GAMURS.

Wait hold up.

No pls.

I use this every time I write a piece  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's why i couldn't find it, was called Fahrenheit in the uk!

I really enjoyed it aswell, one of my favorite story games ever

• Upvote (+1) 1

RIP Esportswikis. Can't think of a worse company to acquire it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5 is on a serious downturn both in casual and esports context. The last few events have had pitiful attendance, even with pretty big prize pools and decent locations. Combine that with the confirmation that there will be no new game until at least 2019 and you have a dead franchise.

Wrong. They could totally do what Fallout 4 did. Announce and release in the same year. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't regenerate your health without a medic.

I was going to post that if they wanted to get a cod team that would be their first pickup. Glad to see it happen.

What ORG were they on before?

T2 was listed as the coach before this as well I believe. I'm pretty sure they just play with no coach.

Skeptical coaches them.