CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

2 posts in a row? Only because Halo is coming back to its roots! 

GUESS WHAT GUYS? WE BACK! GOTTA GO AND PREORDER XBOX JUAN X ASAP!

:stern:

:wutface: ​ 

What exactly do you mean by that? Is there another tweet detailing more of it because I couldn't find much in this chain. There's a subtweet about games purchased on your 360 (original xbox games) will transfer so I assume a high majority of the original list going to be part of this. I know you can use system link right now to LAN say Shadowrun on 360 and on Xbox One or play online with the two platforms but the servers are still up.

Idk why but it sounds like you are saying that if I hopped on an original xbox game, and went to system link I would find my friends xbox's as if it was XBC and they were hosting a lobby. I hope that is the case but I cannot find any info in that tweet about this.

It was a bit vague but Albert (the guy from that tweet) was in IGN Post Show and explained without giving too much info that all three consoles could use system-link to LAN games through Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. In other words, if you have 3 copies of Halo CE (physical or digital) you can play a custom game. I'm looking through IGN's videos like crazy for the post show video of him saying it in his own words, but that's what me and my brother understood.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was a bit vague but Albert (the guy from that tweet) was in IGN Post Show and explained without giving too much info that all three consoles could use system-link to LAN games through Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. In other words, if you have 3 copies of Halo CE (physical or digital) you can play a custom game. I'm looking through IGN's videos like crazy for the post show video of him saying it in his own words, but that's what me and my brother understood.

So if you have an XB1 and your pals have 360s you can all get together and SYSTEM LINK CE & H2. Thats neat i guess.  @@Teapot and I are both saying that from @@ssbChad's post it seems like he is saying you can run customs VIA the system link option OVER XBL.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah thats what I assumed as well. I think the original thing Chad said was that you would be able to use the system link to play custom games online. I get that you can have some cross platform LAN going on. I hope there is a way to play games online like he said but that tweet doesn't provide any info regarding that in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SO

We are have another year and a half on Halo 5 minimum.................

Let that sink in for a moment.

• Upvote (+1) 8

SO

Give me an update with new developer maps and oddball / assault back in the competitive rotation... and I might make it 6-8 more months.

• Upvote (+1) 5

As we've been told repeatedly by 343 this year.

Why are we STILL acting surprised

Like Moses said,

not surprised, just insanely disappointed.

We needed something to cling to, and we got nothing.

For Christ sake, the game is a barren wasteland.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am starting to think that 343's management is completely fucked. For instance, why is Bonnie Ross the head of 343? What did she do to earn the right to direct Halo's future? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How were we supposed to know they would decide to start telling the truth now?!

All apart of their plan and the start to something. Dont be fooled.

Anyone else praying that ww2 gets cod back to its roots at its point?

As if that sucks i might just pack it in fps wise, everything just gets consistently worse.

So if you have an XB1 and your pals have 360s you can all get together and SYSTEM LINK CE & H2. Thats neat i guess.  @@Teapot and I are both saying that from @@ssbChad's post it seems like he is saying you can run customs VIA the system link option OVER XBL.

That'd be a really dumb thing for them to promote. I mean who even uses the OG Xbox nowadays? Even the 360 is pretty rare.

I figured this was confirmation of something along the lines of an emulator on Xbox One. Like players on the 360 connect to players emulating the 360 on Xbox One (like what's being done on Reach right now.)

But just expanded to an OG Xbox emulator.

SO

do I downvote or upvote you?

I mean

ur smee mee

• Upvote (+1) 3

That'd be a really dumb thing for them to promote. I mean who even uses the OG Xbox nowadays? Even the 360 is pretty rare.

I figured this was confirmation of something along the lines of an emulator on Xbox One. Like players on the 360 connect to players emulating the 360 on Xbox One (like what's being done on Reach right now.)

But just expanded to an OG Xbox emulator.

I think it's a cool feature and I know I'm in the niche but I still have my old stuff and know some other friends that do as well. I like the concept of being able to LAN cross platform, but I don't know if that's a strong selling point. I'd much rather have old servers back up or the ability to have a packet tunneling system on the x1. xlink still works, XBC is dead. xLAN is the new standard for H1 and it would be awesome at the very least if something like that could function on the X1.

SO

They have to:

• Either rush out Halo 6: Champions for Fall 2018, when the game was not even remotely trailer ready by June 2017 (this is bad)
  • Delay it until 2019 and we are stuck with H5 for another 30 months (this is worse)

the game was not even remotely trailer ready by June 2017 (this is bad)

I would bet $1,000 that 343 could have made an E3 trailer for H6; they chose not to (for whatever reason; MS didn't want to draw attention away from other IPs, etc.).

I'd be surprised if we don't see H6 in late 2018, as this would follow the release schedule for literally every mainline Halo game since 2001 (H4 was a year early, but that's the only outlier).  

The complaints about having to wait three years for a new Halo game are a bit ... odd.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's hard to pretend like it doesn't hurt at least a little bit.

9q4CxGi.png

wikyL.png

dont worry im always on, and people think i play halo a lot lol

wikyL.png

dont worry im always on, and people think i play halo a lot lol

dang. I only have 176 days played.