CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Round trip flight plus nice hotel from Thursday May 11th-Monday May 15th is $500 from Indiana.  I don't think that's rather expensive.  

Have they said how much the food trucks will cost though?

Have they said how much the food trucks will cost though?

They bring out the taco truck from MLG Regionals and price isn't an issue god dayum.

This is pretty fucking cool. I know there's a few nitpicks here and there but the venue looks solid, the locale is pretty good (its at least on the right coast, take what you can get for now guys), theres Open, Champ and FFA going on, ticket prices and details already posted etc etc...

This doesn't mean Worlds is forgiven. Nothing will get rid of the embarrassment this community was put through. But this is a good-sized step in the direction this community has been pleading for. Well done, 343, for delivering on the 'we hear you'.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cool, but man that scheduling. May 14th is Mother's Day in NA. I don't know if I will be watching on Sunday.

Its okay, could be worse, could be mothers day on Worlds Championship Sunday.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

UMG now? Lmfao. They're going to go through every third-rate TO in the book before they finally give up and give MLG a call.

I feel like there's gotta be some bad blood type shit going on, there's no way they'd always go to someone else unless there was either beef or perhaps Activision or someone isn't allowing it cuz they work with CoD maybe? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

im excited for the turnout that the 75k should bring. hopefully the larger pools in the opens will continue and maybe the prize distribution will be a little bit better

• Upvote (+1) 2

Excited to be spending Mother's Day with you guys too :intensifies:

on mobile

• Upvote (+1) 3

Round trip flight plus nice hotel from Thursday May 11th-Monday May 15th is $500 from Indiana.  I don't think that's rather expensive.  

I havent checked out the hotels yet. But thats not bad at all really.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Excited to be spending Mother's Day with you guys too :intensifies:

on mobile

I'm excited to be spending mother's day watching Dad  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

No lie pretty excited to see what UMG might be able to do with something like this:

arena-seating.jpg

That's inside the Ocean Arena apparently.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Quick lets announce another event so all the people that are trashing settings and how poorly run our entire game is will be distracted."

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah a 75k Florida open LAN run by a (from what I've seen) competent tournament organizer is pretty hype. It's just funny to see yet another new organizer brought into HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I havent checked out the hotels yet. But thats not bad at all really.

It wasn't the best hotel, but I'm not complaining. With a super nice beechfront hotel with the nicest oceanview balcony they have its $800/person. Still not terrible.

Edit:Also Goldenboy just said he will be there so that's worth $1000 in and of itself right?

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will bring an event down south to Texas before the HCS completely implodes. But, Daytona sure does sound like an awesome event! Depending when finals are done I may take a trip.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's not forget the very first open event for Halo 5 was in Daytona which had 45 teams turn out for a 10K prize pool. With a good prize pool (that hopefully increases with crowdfunding) and decent timing I think we can do well for this. I for one am excited. 

I feel like there's gotta be some bad blood type shit going on, there's no way they'd always go to someone else unless there was either beef or perhaps Activision or someone isn't allowing it cuz they work with CoD maybe? 

Seems to me like they really just wanna prove they can do it without the help of MLG.

It's like you went out of your way to think of every possible negative as soon as you read it lol.

to be fair someone has to be that person

the first thing i did was google the venue