CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All based on speculation, but looking at it from this perspective:

TL was looking into running without Rayne, before Ace was ever thought about as a 4th.

Rayne, knowing he was being dropped, inquired about taking Ace's spot on Str8.

LG, fresh off a win against a top team Liquid, was looking into dropping Victory X for an upgrade.

We've heard nothing about Splyce, nV or Optic making changes.

Based on this, the players that had to be targeted were:

Saiyan (LG)

maybe Tapping Buttons from (EG)

How I think it went down:

TL was not happy with Rayne as their 4th and wanted a new 4th.

They ran games with Saiyan, who let LG know he wasn't happy with the current LG roster as currently structured.

TL went to LG and discussed a buyout for Saiyan, but a price couldn't be agreed upon.

(While this is going on, Rayne must've known that Heinz/Danoxide weren't happy with Ace/was aware of the internal strife with Str8 Rippin and was looking into staying in Pro League.)

Saiyan agreed to stay with LG provided LG addressed his concern over the roster.

TL, realizing Saiyan was a no-go, looked at Ace as a potential fit to replace Rayne, and ran games with him.

LG, reached out to aPG and was running games with him, to appease Saiyan.

Str8, realizing their roster was potentially falling apart, quickly made the swap of Ace for Rayne, which gave them a 4th that would theoretically get along better with Heinz/Danoxide, but while also simultaneously blocking aPG to LG. Now Str8 has 2 weeks to compete with aPG and give him a reason to stay and/or 2 more weeks to run games with potential 4ths to replace aPG if he's set on leaving for LG.

LG, having exposed their hand with not being happy with Victory X, might look to run with a top AM player, before reassessing the roster spot at the next transfer period.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would LG even want APG? He's average in H5. Contra, Ryanoob, and Danoxide are all better.

Throughout all of rostermania, OS (Ryanoob, Contra, DaStroyed, Nemessist) seem deadset on sticking together until relegation opportunities.

Danoxide seems to not like Ninja very much, which could be a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Throughout all of rostermania, OS (Ryanoob, Contra, DaStroyed, Nemessist) seem deadset on sticking together until relegation opportunities.

;)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dont think anyone has mentioned it but Str8 ran with Commonly yesterday and got demolished in scrims vs Ronin.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Saiyan agreed to stay with LG provided LG addressed his concern over the roster.

I think you are overcomplicating it a bit but this ^ doesn't work at all imo.  If his buyout was too high for another org to pursue him, he is stuck on that team. He is in no place to make demands of any kind.

Do we even have any kind of confirmation that Victory is not on LG other than a conspicuous absence from practice? 

people are talking about Ola's ability to stay alive like it's 2005 or 2008 ... nostalgia goggles are a hell of a drug. Pistola is one of the best Halo players of all time but is definitely the worst player on nV (imo), albeit not by a lot

People think is 2009 and Ola is top mid in Onslaught.

I think you are overcomplicating it a bit but this ^ doesn't work at all imo.  If his buyout was too high for another org to pursue him, he is stuck on that team. He is in no place to make demands of any kind. 

In the ream of H5, we both know that's not true.

Do we even have any kind of confirmation that Victory is not on LG other than a conspicuous absence from practice?

aPG said as much in his stream, that him to LG was close to a done deal.

Danoxide seems to not like Ninja very much, which could be a reason.

They are probably making more money winning all the online cups .
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Btw, Sketch confirmed on reddit that there won't be any Halo related stuff this year at all (trailers, betas, etc.). 

So there's a solid chance at this point that we won't even be seeing a new Halo game in 2018. Either that or the H6 beta is simply delayed until next year, which might mean too little dev time to make substantial changes. 

Respectful to infused is a scary reality. Looking forward to the domination

Why does  Dropford keeps getting dropped? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's a list of all OG Xbox games that work on the 360. The list includes CE, 2, and the 2 Map Pack. If you own these digitally the license is said to carry over just like a 360 game. 

https://www.lifewire.com/xbox-og-360-backward-compatibility-list-3563148

Are you referring to graphics, or artstyle? There's a difference.

Is it confirmed that the Xbox One is going to be using pretty much the same emulator that 360 has for OG? Meaning, the titles on that list are the only ones (as of now) that will be playable? Hopefully the X1 helps with all the performance issues, but there's a good number of original games that aren't on that list that I would love to see again.

Honestly the longer 343 waits to reveal Halo 6, the longer I have to harbor my ill-advised hope that it isn't ready to announce yet because they went back to the drawing board and trashed all of the weird and gimmicky shit that's been changed since Halo 3.

I'm ready for supermassive disappointment.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dont think anyone has mentioned it but Str8 ran with Commonly yesterday and got demolished in scrims vs Ronin.

What was the Str8 squad? Did it have APG or Rayne in?

Can't be dropped if you don't play anymore 

Going to CoD confirmed

I'm sure someone has mentioned part of this here, but I'd like to make a summary of info we've gotten about H6 since the end of the conference yesterday.

1) H6 will have LAN support.

2) Again, we got confirmation that H6 and future Halos will have splitscreen.

3) We will not see anything of substance on H6 this year.

I'm still hoping we will see a 2018 release, perhaps with a first preview at HWC 2018, and a beta right after, or after E3 at the latest. I'm still coming down from not having a Halo game this fall, but that's not nearly as scary as a 2019 release, meaning we're stuck with H5 for another 2 and a half years. Yes I want them to take their time and get it right. But if we have to wait and play H5 for 2+ more years I will die a bit inside.

WE'RE HALF WAY THERE BOYS!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly the longer 343 waits to reveal Halo 6, the longer I have to harbor my ill-advised hope that it isn't ready to announce yet because they went back to the drawing board and trashed all of the weird and gimmicky shit that's been changed since Halo 3.

I'm ready for supermassive disappointment.

I wish they would but I doubt 343 would drop all of the changes they've made since picking up Halo. I do feel like there's a balance though. One thing I enjoy about the mix of H5 abilities is the number of jump/positioning possibilities. I feel like Thrust/Stabilize may still have their place, maybe even ground pound if the next game has the same verticality as H5. I don't know for sure though.

What is absolutely most important in regards to this balance it that we as a community receive the customs options to change anything, and the freedom to change those settings to improve them for the competitive circuit.

Halo wars 2: the game nobody asked for

And the game that left itself on yet another cliffhanger meaning there's probably gonna be another one :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does  Dropford keeps getting dropped? 

Cant speak for previous situations, but when the best in EU wants to join your team, if you're infused you can't really say no. Kimbo & Snakey are good friends, Quad & Respectful are good friends also so that leaves Batch out in the cold. Sucks but there are potential landing spots for Batch to do well on if other players drop their egos.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why is every code name better than the final product.

Scorpio -> Xbox One X

Project Morpheus -> PS VR

Neo -> PS4 pro

Focus testing  :mj: