CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I guess I'll act like you don't realize that anyone with a pc and usb xbox controller can play any OG Xbox game at any time and have been able to for a decade.

I should just take a screenshot of all the OG Xbox games I have on my PC to shut your ass up. Lol.

...But you just proved my point.

Listen man, I just wanna play High Road to Revenge and Jet Set Radio Future again. Get off me.

Someone in this coversation is confused.  I'll let you decide who...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just 5 seconds of a dark screen with the Halo theme and a logo with the number 2019 at the bottom. As of now the franchise is officially dead in the water.

No joke, a crazy amount of hype occurred when Adele did something similar for her new album that she worked on for years. Just a black screen with words and a 30 second soundbite for her Hello song. I'm not a huge fan of her music but I respect the talent and that advert.

For those who wanted to see it. A black screen with the Halo theme music/logo would have been sweet.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So with the most powerful console built the xbox exclusives have graphics that look like Nintendo. Lol. The only game that looked worthy of this console was Anthem.

Minecraft ... in true 4k

All i care about for OG xbox backward compatibility:  Can i play H2 customs with my friends?  No because that version of Live is shut down? Oh then fuck it i don't care.

It's been confirmed already you can choose system-link and play online customs.

Whether or not the H2 serveres are brought back for Matchmaking though is an entirely different story.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's a list of all OG Xbox games that work on the 360. The list includes CE, 2, and the 2 Map Pack. If you own these digitally the license is said to carry over just like a 360 game. 

https://www.lifewire.com/xbox-og-360-backward-compatibility-list-3563148

So with the most powerful console built the xbox exclusives have graphics that look like Nintendo. Lol. The only game that looked worthy of this console was Anthem.

Are you referring to graphics, or artstyle? There's a difference.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have absolutely no issues with ESL running things, with it being at quakecon everything is pretty much there to fall into place. I just really don't understand why it's $1m for the first event when the community would have been content with half of that. It's such a disproportionate amount that it creates a void for the rest of the scene (expectation versus reality) and thus a dependency on the developer.

True but I can understand why they threw $1 mil at it. Quake Champs is still in beta and the population has not been great. They are trying to give the dying franchise a shot in the arm and hopefully they will manage it after Quake Worlds at events besides QuakeCon. 

Overall that xbox conference was great. Console a good price, many expected it to cost near 1k so $500 is a solid price, really small aswell which is great, i hope it's quiet aswell. Some really cool looking games, Metro, Dragonball, Forza and Anthem all got me excited. Loads of really cool looking indie games aswell like Ori, Cuphead and The last light all look really beautiful and interesting.

OG games back on is really cool, really hope fable is on it, knights of the old republic, Burnout ( when it was good) need for speed (when it was good) and probably loads more.

Ps what's that game where you kill a guy in a dinner, then have to cover it up and escape, but also play as the police after you? Can't remember the name but loved the game

• Upvote (+1) 5

Literally all I wanted was an acknowledgement that it was at least in the works. Just 5 seconds of a dark screen with the Halo theme and a logo with the number 2019 at the bottom. As of now the franchise is officially dead in the water.

you mean Bonnie Ross's tweet yesterday, saying that H6 is looking good and is currently being worked on by 343?  Of course H6 is in the works, what else would 343 be doing ... how is the franchise dead in the water when they said months ago there would be no Halo news at this E3 lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

So... Shotzzy has the best movement and mechanics-use in the game and I ended up taking like way too many clips from watching his stream for a couple hours last night:

lmao true story, I was saving clips from a Shotzzy stream last week and just gave up after 30min, I'd saved so much stuff that I would have just ended up posting the entire VoD.  arguably his decision-making needs work but the kid is just incredible

• Upvote (+1) 2

you mean Bonnie Ross's tweet yesterday, saying that H6 is looking good and is currently being worked on by 343?  Of course H6 is in the works, what else would 343 be doing ... how is the franchise dead in the water when they said months ago there would be no Halo news at this E3 lol

population wise h5 is about to get a lot worse

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know it's probably insane of me to think, and a bit mean, but I want to see Shotzzy on nV now. I don't think it matters who he replaces as long as it ain't Huke. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Idk why people are complaining, we got some sweet ass Halo Wars 2 DLC later that will bring back all my friends from high school that played Halo.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, we still don't know who they tried out that had that high buyout that didn't go through.

The things I'd do to find out man. My guess is one of Shottzy, Tapping buttons or Saiyan. Hopefully at somepoint even if it's after Dreamhack we'll find out. I'm so intrigued to know.

I know it's probably insane of me to think, and a bit mean, but I want to see Shotzzy on nV now. I don't think it matters who he replaces as long as it ain't Huke. 

Ola's the most inconstant IMO but has intangible qualities like his ability to stay alive and be one of the hardest kills in the game but wtf do I know.

honestly at this point, anyone playing H5 really loves the game ... it's not like there are a ton of players who have been playing H5 consistently since 2015 and will suddenly jump ship to CoD WW2.  If H5's population was higher I'd be worried about a huge drop, though.  Either way a lower pop is to be expected when a game has been out for two years

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here's a list of all OG Xbox games that work on the 360. The list includes CE, 2, and the 2 Map Pack. If you own these digitally the license is said to carry over just like a 360 game. 

https://www.lifewire.com/xbox-og-360-backward-compatibility-list-3563148

Are you referring to graphics, or artstyle? There's a difference.

Wow, that is a pretty extensive list. With most of the big OG Xbox titles on it. :ace:

Idk why people are complaining, we got some sweet ass Halo Wars 2 DLC later that will bring back all my friends from high school that played Halo.

maybe we're being set up for a really great announcement during the hw2 event 

200.gif

/s

Halo was never meant to be a FPS game. Its true roots lie within RTS.

Everyone knows this.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ola's the most inconstant IMO but has intangible qualities like his ability to stay alive and be one of the hardest kills in the game but wtf do I know.

I think a lot of people would argue that Shotzzy's ability to stay alive at least parallels Ola's. That's definitely how I see it.

Halo wars 2: the game nobody asked for

Except for me, and 3 other people i know irl.  Then more and more stuff started coming out about it. and we saw gameplay.  and blitz and Dan Ayoubs ugly mug and only one of us actually bought it.  Wasn't me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

his ability to stay alive and be one of the hardest kills in the game but wtf do I know.

This is literally what makes Shotzzy so good right now as well.  His movement makes him extremely unpredictable and difficult to kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

people are talking about Ola's ability to stay alive like it's 2005 or 2008 ... nostalgia goggles are a hell of a drug.  Pistola is one of the best Halo players of all time but is definitely the worst player on nV (imo), albeit not by a lot

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1