CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah. No Halo in general really sucked. I just feel like it made it worse that they said it would be something and it's wouldn't have been as bad if they said nothing was going to be at E3

That "little something" is just Halo Wars 2 DLC. It's not really exciting enough to showcase on the main stage right next to new games and IPs so it's getting its own time.

why was mixer being notified all the time

no one gives a shit about mixer lol

we were there for halo 3 anniversary, but I'll take OG backwards compatibility (that means we can push for halo 2) and smallest xbox ever, and $499 for most powerful console ever. 

It wasn't bad, 44 games were shown and like half were triple A.

Plus $499 was xbox one's launch so this is a big step up.

I actually felt like a clown after there was no halo 3 A, moa was right, we were all fools.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo wars 2: the game nobody asked for

Lots of people wanted HW:2, but the game is way too niche. It's on a dying genre and on console.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Halo wars 2: the game nobody asked for

are you ready for more halo wars 2 commercials during hcs events??

oIPb7bG.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

The point is, there was a little bit for everyone in that conference. If you only care about Halo, that's fine. But come on now. That was a damn good conference.

It was an incredibly underwhelming conference. Showcasing a bunch of niche games with a handful of AAA's. They laid out the specs of the scorpio then just did game demos. For an E3 presentation the year of a console release, it was far less than impressive.

Also why are people ancy about getting backwards compatibility? It's not like they're going to bring any servers back online for old games.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Incredibly underwhelming was whatever Bethesda did last night... I'm hesitant to even call it a conference. I wouldn't call the Xbox conference underwhelming, they showed 42 games and pretty much everything they showed was running at 4k on Xbox One X. Anthem and Metro look incredible.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Microsoft: *doesn't show any games*

Fans: "We want games!"

Microsoft: *shows a bunch of games*

Fans: "Why do they keep showing games?"

As for backwards compatibility, I'm just gonna act like you don't realize that the OG Xbox era was full of games with actual great single player experiences.

All i care about for OG xbox backward compatibility:  Can i play H2 customs with my friends?  No because that version of Live is shut down? Oh then fuck it i don't care.

With the way 343 announces things I could see H3A happening, but they don't even tell you about it. We'd just be walking down the isle at Walmart one day and catch it out of the corner of our eye and be like "wait, what the...." And there it would be. Just sitting in the game case next to Minecraft and Madden 16.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Microsoft: *doesn't show any games*

Fans: "We want games!"

Microsoft: *shows a bunch of games*

Fans: "Why do they keep showing games?"

As for backwards compatibility, I'm just gonna act like you don't realize that the OG Xbox era was full of games with actual great single player experiences.

I guess I'll act like you don't realize that anyone with a pc and usb xbox controller can play any OG Xbox game at any time and have been able to for a decade.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess I'll act like you don't realize that anyone with a pc and usb xbox controller can play and OG Xbox game at any time and have been able to for a decade.

I should just take a screenshot of all the OG Xbox games I have on my PC to shut your ass up. Lol.

I should just take a screenshot of all the OG Xbox games I have on my PC to shut your ass up. Lol.

...But you just proved my point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Halo is at a weird impass in regards to other E-Sports.

Besides Halo 3, Halo Esports has largely been dominated by a handful of players:

Ogre 1

Ogre 2

Walshy

Saiyan/StrongSide

Pistola

Roy

Lunchbox

Snipedown

Lethul

Royal 2

SnakeBite

Frosty

^^ For a lot of times in Halo E-sports, it was a competition for 2nd place.

For as long as I've been a fan of Halo, the "shuffling" of players between events (or in this case, during pro league) happened a lot.

Teams were more concerned with "capturing lightning in a bottle" then they were with developing chemistry.

If team changes are "stunting" the growth of Halo as an E-sport, Idk what else there is to do, because that's always been a huge part of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just remember that Xbox 360 games on Xbone BC was hyped up to be this great thing and it turned out to be pretty terrible in terms of performance and ended up taking a year to fix in some cases (Reach for example). Many 360 games are still not available to this day and they clearly have an agenda which games they choose for BC (CoD4 wasn't made BC so people buy IW and MWR, H3 still isn't BC "because there's MCC guise" etc. etc.). Just keep this in mind before imagining scenarios like running CE+H2 LANs or even getting the H2 servers back up. 

I mean CE was backwards compatible on the 360 for years and no one played it because of performance issues. Yeah they claim it's going to run better this time, but would they really kill their hype come out and say "don't expect good performance, just like the 360 version" the day after OG Xbox BC is announced? Every higher up at Microsoft is a Frankie when it comes to PR.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just remember that Xbox 360 games on Xbone BC was hyped up to be this great thing and it turned out to be pretty terrible in terms of performance and ended up taking a year to fix in some cases (Reach for example). Many 360 games are still not available to this day and they clearly have an agenda which games they choose for BC (CoD4 wasn't made BC so people buy IW and MWR, H3 still isn't BC "because there's MCC guise" etc. etc.). Just keep this in mind before imagining scenarios like running CE+H2 LANs or even getting the H2 servers back up. 

I mean CE was backwards compatible on the 360 for years and no one played it because of performance issues. Yeah they claim it's going to run better this time, but would they really kill their hype come out and say "don't expect good performance, just like the 360 version" the day after OG Xbox BC is announced? Every higher up at Microsoft is a Frankie when it comes to PR.

"Wait and see" is always preferable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So with the most powerful console built the xbox exclusives have graphics that look like Nintendo. Lol. The only game that looked worthy of this console was Anthem.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

many games are unavailable due to devs having to grant permission and do the work to be backwards compatible. many devs from then are no longer around. it will be similar with og xbox unless they've made it where it will play straight off the disc. outside of reach and gears 3 early on most games have worked really well. i've been enjoying the free 360 games every month and outside of reach, nothing has been bad

edit nevermind ms still does some of the work

We do all the work, but there is a little bit of work and part of that involves talking with the publisher and making sure that this is consistent with their goals for the game as well. So, as gamers ask us, we will deliver.

I find it funny you can play OG Halo CE with your friends via system-link with 3 different consoles and Halo 5 can't.

2001 Halo = Lan -- 2015 Halo =/= Lan?

084.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

So with the most powerful console built the xbox exclusives have graphics that look like Nintendo. Lol. The only game that looked worthy of this console was Anthem.

honestly i see the strategy. they target people who may buy the new nintendo or playstation instead but showing that they will lead and devolve similar type games. will it work? maybe. 499 is a hard sell. but maybe it will pull some people over the fence and they were obviously a focus for yesterday's show