CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All I want is more The Last Of Us 2 tomorrow. :D. Have to wonder what Sony's response to the Xbox One X is going to be, because I don't really see the PS4 Pro in the same league.

The lack of Halo news sucks, but I wouldn't call the franchise dead.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm guessing APG and Victory X will be forced to stay on Str8 and LG until the next transfer period, but will sit out the matches and replaced with am subs for the two matches before that.

I'm guessing APG and Victory X will be forced to stay on Str8 and LG until the next transfer period, but will sit out the matches and replaced with am subs for the two matches before that.

At that point wouldn't it be better for everyone if they just played with their current teams until a time when everyone can swap around?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Literally all I wanted was an acknowledgement that it was at least in the works. Just 5 seconds of a dark screen with the Halo theme and a logo with the number 2019 at the bottom. As of now the franchise is officially dead in the water.

lmfao hell no that is not how you announce a AAA game man there's no hype in that at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well Quake Champions is going to be relying on ESL to handle their $1 million tournament. Should be fun.

https://twitter.com/ESLQuake/status/874129136536739841

I have absolutely no issues with ESL running things, with it being at quakecon everything is pretty much there to fall into place. I just really don't understand why it's $1m for the first event when the community would have been content with half of that. It's such a disproportionate amount that it creates a void for the rest of the scene (expectation versus reality) and thus a dependency on the developer.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I have absolutely no issues with ESL running things, with it being at quakecon everything is pretty much there to fall into place. I just really don't understand why it's $1m for the first event when the community would have been content with half of that. It's such a disproportionate amount that it creates a void for the rest of the scene (expectation versus reality) and thus a dependency on the developer.

It's because none of these developers/publishers are serious about esports, they're just cashing in on the latest industry buzztrend. The best way to do that is to throw a million dollar prize pool at it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

it's simple, just get rid of rules regarding roster changes. The past wasn't so bad, some players get fucked over, but it's high level competition, not a fucking jobs welfare program. 

You have no entitlements in competition. 

I say this as a dyed in the wool hard leftist who advocates fully automated luxury communism. 

Orgs have too much power now, and they didn't pay much to obtain it. 

It's because none of these developers/publishers are serious about esports, they're just cashing in on the latest industry buzztrend. The best way to do that is to throw a million dollar prize pool at it.

I genuinely feel that after a certain amount of money you stop helping the community and start hurting it. One event will just bring out opportunists and leftovers from the Overwatch League qualifiers. Who's going to stick around if the subsequent events aren't even in the same ballpark with prizepools and what justification do Orgs have to invest in the scene if it only peaks once maybe twice a year. There's just so much more you do with the money, ~$40k p/m to top up community projects with still $500k left over for Worlds.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I genuinely feel that after a certain amount of money you stop helping the community and start hurting it. One event will just bring out opportunists and leftovers from the Overwatch League qualifiers. Who's going to stick around if the subsequent events aren't even in the same ballpark with prizepools and what justification do Orgs have to invest in the scene if it only peaks once maybe twice a year. There's just so much more you do with the money, ~$40k p/m to top up community projects with still $500k left over for Worlds.

yep, this is what MLG have done with Gears, and it's paying off. 

343 don't know how to manage Halo because they don't actually understand what it is. If they did, it would have shipped with LAN capabilities.

This is why the NEED MLG. 

A 40/50k tournament every month would be incredible. 

Also, they need to start properly dedicating time to creating content, stories and player profiles.

This is why MVP awards every event where a key aspect of the next events talking points. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

yep, this is what MLG have done with Gears, and it's paying off.

343 don't know how to manage Halo because they don't actually understand what it is. If they did, it would have shipped with LAN capabilities.

This is why the NEED MLG.

A 40/50k tournament every month would be incredible.

Also, they need to start properly dedicating time to creating content, stories and player profiles.

This is why MVP awards every event where a key aspect of the next events talking points.

Gears is definitely in the right direction but IMO there's still too much dependence, what they're doing costs a lot more than the money we are talking about - having said that it's their money so good for them. The difference between Gears/Halo and Quake is Quake has the online infrastructure and doesn't have the same stigma to online competition. You could quite happily just spread the money out to grow what is already apparent and sprinkle in a few events in between and the community would grow.

Gears is definitely in the right direction but IMO there's still too much dependence, what they're doing costs a lot more than the money we are talking about - having said that it's their money so good for them. The difference between Gears/Halo and Quake is Quake has the online infrastructure and doesn't have the same stigma to online competition. You could quite happily just spread the money out to grow what is already apparent and sprinkle in a few events in between and the community would grow.

Quake is entering an already crowded team based esport scene. The only way to attract orgs and players is the appeal of big prize pools. Without it, they'd just get lost in the overwatch/cs shuffle

Imo, 343 shouldn't have said they were showing anything at E3. Because THEY didn't. Xbox showed something and they happened to be part of it.

To me, them saying "a little something" meant something small (like an update) but they would have the floor while doing it. Obviously this was not the case. Them saying "a little something" blew it way out of proportion compared to if they said nothing would be shown. That little bit of hope raised people's expectations

Imo, 343 shouldn't have said they were showing anything at E3. Because THEY didn't. Xbox showed something and they happened to be part of it.

To me, them saying "a little something" meant something small (like an update) but they would have the floor while doing it. Obviously this was not the case. Them saying "a little something" blew it way out of proportion compared to if they said nothing would be shown. That little bit of hope raised people's expectations

Yeah, but when was the last time there was no Halo at E3 ? I don't remember that. The sheer fact there was no Halo sucked, no matter 343 did or didn't say something.

Halo brand obv lost a lot of its former impact, so Ms is shifting focus elsewhere. 343 had all the money and all the chances to make something great but instead they further and further showing how incompetent they are in most of the directions. They are learning, but not fast enough.

I wonder how much money they blowed on Waypoint and Channel aps before they realised there is no interest in that and stopped to update them. They wanted to grow the game in every direction, but they kind of forgot about the game it self along the way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only two positive things to come out of the Xbox Briefing were Shadow of War and Anthem, and those aren't even console exclusives, though I will admit getting PUBG as an exclusive did surprise me. 

The only two positive things to come out of the Xbox Briefing were Shadow of War and Anthem, and those aren't even console exclusives, though I will admit getting PUBG as an exclusive did surprise me.

I am super excited about State of Decay (still playing the first one sometimes) abd that is it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone gonna be rushing out and getting the one x on November the 7th?

I was gonna get a new 4k monitor and console but I really can't see a line up, I'm more tempted by the ps4 pro as they have the better exclusives, and competitive cod.

Yeah, but when was the last time there was no Halo at E3 ? I don't remember that. The sheer fact there was no Halo sucked, no matter 343 did or didn't say something.

Yeah. No Halo in general really sucked. I just feel like it made it worse that they said it would be something and it's wouldn't have been as bad if they said nothing was going to be at E3

So... Shotzzy has the best movement and mechanics-use in the game and I ended up taking like way too many clips from watching his stream for a couple hours last night:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SolidSaltyRatRickroll

Click on any of those links and you'll likely see something impressive.

this first one is insane. He was absolutely destroying Mikwen lmao 

this first one is insane. He was absolutely destroying Mikwen lmao 

I believe that was the one and only nare he got after they played like 10ish times. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shotzzy could become like the Scumpi of Halo, never seen a player with such fast reaction times, clean movement and playing a style of fast paced aggression. 

I'd love to see him team with Huke. 

• Upvote (+1) 4