CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i wouldn't exactly say 6 weeks is an early announcement 

better than the week before like london. hopefully we can a couple thousand tickets sold

• Upvote (+1) 3

First thing I did was search the venue as well. Looks solid. Really hope fans show up and pack the place. If not, RIP bigger venues.

Edit: One thing I've noticed is we really like to complain. First it was, "We really need Mideast events!" We get Columbus. Then it turns into, "We really need East Coast events this is ridiculous." We get an east coast event. Now it's, "We need northeast events wtf."

We got a Columbus event?

I know of a decent venue in Columbus.  :simms:

Edit: Real talk we need a @@Clap emote of some sort.

I do too, its right next to Nationwide Arena and another beside Easton Town Center  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd love to go to that Daytona event, but giving barely a months notice for an event like that is literally insane. I hate to nitpick, and I'm glad that Florida is getting an event, but it's way too short notice imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really awesome to see some more East coast action with a decent prize pool. Next open event should be in the south like Dallas. Round out the country and i don't thinking the HCS has hosted a South LAND ever. Also wanna know if a little crowd funding already went into the event or they are gonna add some.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Happy it's not in California but the obvious lack of Northeast events is puzzling. Last time they did something in the NE was LCQs for Worlds last year at PAX East I think.

KTT/TB fam meet up at a Halo event is needed
  • Upvote (+1) 1

First thing I did was search the venue as well. Looks solid. Really hope fans show up and pack the place. If not, RIP bigger venues.

I wonder if they researched this for how to pack the venue. Like I wonder if they looked at populations packed with Halo players and there's just a buttload in or near Florida. Do they have data like that for picking places? Florida seems like a weird choice except for the nice warm weather which is nice for events obviously. That's a huge venue tho if we don't just get the side hall at the arena lol, wonder how much thought they put into picking it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solid announcement. Won't be able to make it because of school but Inreally hope there is a good turnout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vision was amazing. Love all of the behind the scene clips.

I wish there was someone that would do this for every halo team.

The halo doc is in good hands.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Im sure he doesnt know anything about competitive Halo or Esports in general besides what Quinn and the boys tell him. He sounds like Halo is at an all time high right now.

smh

giphy.gif

the only thing I take from that announcement is, once again 'Not MLG'.

The refusal to work with them is baffling

• Downvote (-1) 4

6 weeks is not a very early announcement at all.

Mother's Day Weekend (Everything's always packed anyway, but still inconvenient date.  Could impact flight prices.)

Flying into Daytona is rather expensive. ($340+ People might need to fly into Orlando and shuttle down)

Settings announcement?  4v4 and FFA hopefully both get changed.

Another city they're re-using.  We've seen Vegas, St. Louis and now Daytona twice in the span of 18 months.  No desire to spread to other areas.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always be happy for an Open Event, but again I see this as lazy planning and just a bit of "Damage Control."

All this "Better Than 'this and that'" talk is just going to repeat itself.

I don't see more than 45 teams being in this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Last time I heard of UMG was when they did H4 event for us which was cool. How big they are compared to other TO's ? How is their production ? (and why its not Mlg ? )

I really hope the UMG event will have secondary streams going to be annoyed if it doesn't happen after all our complaining at the lack of them at the last open events.

Also nice to see an opent event with a prize pool over 50k for once and on the east coast finally.

I wish Hecz had an interview in vision this time so we could've heard more on what he thought of the event and his opinion on the timeline from picking up the team to where they are now. 

he probably felt as though he had said enough. Theres really no point in piling on you know?

Last time I heard of UMG was when they did H4 event for us which was cool. How big they are compared to other TO's ? How is their production ? (and why its not Mlg ? )

I think they've been doing COD events? 

Cool, but man that scheduling. May 14th is Mother's Day in NA. I don't know if I will be watching on Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Last event they had was UMG Myrtle Beach, it was for cod and it was a nightmare. It wasn't UMG's fault, it was PlayStation because their controllers then were always connect by bluetooth even when wired. I always thought that had quality productions on stream 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Flying into Daytona is rather expensive. ($340+ People might need to fly into Orlando and shuttle down)

Round trip flight plus nice hotel from Thursday May 11th-Monday May 15th is $500 from Indiana.  I don't think that's rather expensive.  

• Upvote (+1) 4