CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If what you say is true, then you are better at H5 than H3. I was an mlg 50 in H3 (barely) and my highest rank in HCS was 1510 Onyx.

I think it's due to the player population. Less people play h5 therefore it's easier to be top tier.

There were tons of people that played h3 and people "tried" back then and communicated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's seriously fascinating how people refuse to believe that tweet from josh when he DEVELOPED BOTH RANKING SYSTEMS lol

I think the system is flawed because of a huge population in h3 compared to a fraction in h5. Its easier to be top 2% out of 100 people than it is 1000

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think it's due to the player population. Less people play h5 therefore it's easier to be top tier.

There were tons of people that played h3 and people "tried" back then and communicated.

This.

He said the MATH was the same for Diamond 4(?) and 50. But H3 had thousands and thousands more players so 50 was harder to get

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's seriously fascinating how people refuse to believe that tweet from josh when he DEVELOPED BOTH RANKING SYSTEMS lol

Some people have a hard time understanding statistics. I might not agree with Menke in a few things, but the dude knows stats.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see a pro team picking victory up. Would like to see him with commonly Zeke. Hopefully Devon plays again too. That team would be really good

Don't know if this has been posted, but Respectful has left The Lads to join Infused. According to Quadios stream.

The EU scene is silly.

343 should be investing more in Latin America

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think the system is flawed because of a huge population in h3 compared to a fraction in h5. Its easier to be top 2% out of 100 people than it is 1000

This is ******** plz ban him.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Some people have a hard time understanding statistics. I might not agree with Menke in a few things, but the dude knows stats.

I just gave some very important statistics. Which in turn plays into Menkes system. It's common sense guys.

Second of all, H6 is probably going to be shit anyway, unless 343 suddenly develop some humility and respect for the Halo IP, so why would anyone care if it does divert resources? The potential audience for H3A is vastly larger than the realistic potential audience for H6. No one gives a fuck what happens to butter face Cortana and Locky Locke and the Funky Bunch. The sci-fi movement gimmick console FPS trend is over. Halo 6: Champions can wait.

Bookmarked this glorious post.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H3 also had HARD party restrictions.

It easier to rank up as solo player with party restrictions. It's easier to rank up as a Party in H5 and it's harder to rank up as a solo player.

spoilers wtf

oh yeah shit, sorry. 

but if you haven't seen the show at this point then you are unworthy 

• Upvote (+1) 2

oh yeah shit, sorry. 

but if you haven't seen the show at this point then you are unworthy 

TBH I'd rather watch it now because you have season 7 in a few weeks and season 8 will be the last. I'd hate to be watching from when it first premiered because that'd be such an agonizing wait. 

If you haven't watched GOT season 6 over a year after it aired I don't really have any sympathy.

• Upvote (+1) 8

H3 actually went to "100" behind the scenes, but the max level shown was 50. So on the "low" end, it makes sense. He was just saying that to rile people up

• Upvote (+1) 1

TBH I'd rather watch it now because you have season 7 in a few weeks and season 8 will be the last. I'd hate to be watching from when it first premiered because that'd be such an agonizing wait. 

yeah it's been a long 8 years. But worth every second for the single greatest thing we'll probably ever see on Television.

Hannibal and Breaking Bad close seconds. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What about people who have been reading the books since 1998?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Um, it makes perfect sense actually.

What he said is like saying that "1 pound of steel is heavier than 1 pound of cotton" . being top 2% of 100000 is the same as being the top2% of 100, because is a fucking percentage.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What he said is like saying that "1 pound of steel is heavier than 1 pound of cotton" . being top 2% of 100000 is the same as being the top2% of 100, because is a fucking percentage.

except this isn't correct at all and makes me worry about you

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't see a pro team picking victory up. Would like to see him with commonly Zeke. Hopefully Devon plays again too. That team would be really good

The EU scene is silly.

343 should be investing more in Latin America

Str8 would need 1 then.

except this isn't correct at all and makes me worry about you

Let's do some math.

2% of 10000= 200 players

2% of 100= 2 players

Wich one is "harder" plz enlighten us.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Let's do some math.

2% of 10000= 200 players

2% of 100= 2 players

Wich one is "harder" plz enlighten us.

It would be harder to be top 2% in the bigger arena.

Think of it like high school or college football. They have divisions based on population of schools. They created this division because naturally the school of 10,000 kids would have a better team than the school of 1,000 kids.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2