CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Again, I get that a lot of your post is in jest but just thought I'd point that out. Don't want anybody at either company to feel put off from posting here anymore than they might already be.

Well, he's self-proclaimed. We hide a lot more Frank posts than people realise if he gets out of hand, but as I said: I used to hate him but I needed to change my perspective. No point letting frankthetriggerer ruin a good day on the forums.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Appreciate that Adam, not going to lie to the community and I want to put this out there - this weekend was the first time I wanted to shut off to the world of social media and even the forums, this was a massive failing on my part but also a huge learning curve. I've seen comments from other TO's, Players, Fans and Communities across several forums/gaming titles and I won't lie, I've been super salty about it but I carried on.

I've never had to deal with such heat and hate on social before, a few people on here have said why should I be in the firing line? Well I am a part of ESL and honestly I am proud of that and this also falls on me. I've been angry at seeing gaming communities laugh at Halo, I've been angry at people having a dig here and there when things go wrong, I've been angry that memes have formed of the back of this event, I've been angry to the point that I became so upset, ate food and went to my room Saturday and ignored everyone. That mixed with the passion I have for this game and our community drove me this week to do better and to try fix shit where possible but it also clouded my judgment.

I was genuinely disappointed in people taking the piss out of the event because I and the team have poured our hearts and souls into this to do the best we could. I shook my head Sunday night and realised I was taking this all to heart and taking it all as a personal attack, while I did get some personal attacking on social I shouldn't be blaming others or be angry at them for wanting to see better, I apologise if I was angry or negative to anyone this event, it's been hard but I'm still proud of what we did, the team I work with and rest assured changes will be made for the better moving forward.

This game, its players and the fans of the halo community is long standing and deserves the best, I'm going to keep doing what I do the best of my ability to try make that happen. Once again sorry if anyone feels I let them down, lessons learnt on my end. Onwards and upwards.

Holy shit, you're amazing

(I know it's late, I'm trying to catch up, get ready for a few consecutive replies)

@@Neighbor still looking into heavy aim?

That this still exists in a tripple A title is embarrassing and really sad. :( When I play on a good internet connection and everything feels really responsive, I feel like a god and it's so fun to play this game. :) But then a couple games later when the heavy aim hits and I can't aim for shit, I just wanna go kill myself...

Edit: I have a problem with my internet connection that it randomly spikes quite frequently and I can't seem to figure it out what the problem is. Neither can my ISP. I use a program called pingplotter to monitor my connection where I can see everything. And I KNOW Heavy aim is somewhat network based, because heavy aim ALWAYS hits when I get ping spikes. It's something in halos netcode or something. But that it's happening on dedicated Dev kits on LAN is weird and inexcusable. So it's probably not ONLY network based, but that is a big part of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wtf, are we lore kids now?  :kappa:

We're all about that lore here at beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're now well on your way to getting your very own rotating face!

He has some time before he gets the rotating face  :simms:

I wish Hecz had an interview in vision this time so we could've heard more on what he thought of the event and his opinion on the timeline from picking up the team to where they are now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish Hecz had an interview in vision this time so we could've heard more on what he thought of the event and his opinion on the timeline from picking up the team to where they are now. 

He posted this a couple of days ago on his own channel

He posted this a couple of days ago on his own channel

I know, I meant further adding on to that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That this still exists in a tripple A title is embarrassing and really sad. :( When I play on a good internet connection and everything feels really responsive, I feel like a god and it's so fun to play this game. :) But then a couple games later when the heavy aim hits and I can't aim for shit, I just wanna go kill myself...

Edit: I have a problem with my internet connection that it randomly spikes quite frequently and I can't seem to figure it out what the problem is. Neither can my ISP. I use a program called pingplotter to monitor my connection where I can see everything. And I KNOW Heavy aim is somewhat network based, because heavy aim ALWAYS hits when I get ping spikes. It's something in halos netcode or something. But that it's happening on dedicated Dev kits on LAN is weird and inexcusable. So it's probably not ONLY network based, but that is a big part of it.

It really is wild that it's still a problem and still so inconsistent. And since it seems to be tied to connection quality (server side aim assist/magnetism calculations that feel odd due to latency?), it's getting worse as the population dwindles. Not sure if that's something they can even change at this point, but it'd be great if they could at least identify the issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would pay money for an OpTic player to stream tonight. Hate seeing 400 people viewing H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would pay money for an OpTic player to stream tonight. Hate seeing 400 people viewing H5.

ninja could do the job better

Awesome news, random but will the HCS ever come to the North-East of the United States? Would love to drive to an event eventually.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1