CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We need to go back to the days of multiplayer and campaign being separate installs tbh. I'm never gonna play the campaign and I'm sure it could be removed

I wish we could go back to no install times for console games. Maybe when SSDs get cheap enough they'll become like the new game cartridges.

Of course that doesn't include massive day one patches which pretty much every game has now. I just miss the days where I could go to a midnight launch and actually play the game when I got home.

I know you can generally pre-download titles now but midnight releases were great.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Which events did he place 2nd at besides DC? 

ur right i thought he got 2nd with the champs at orlando but it was third

I'm from EU, but I have to say EU halo is actually so boring.

The casters are great though. 

I'm from EU, but I have to say EU halo is actually so boring.

The casters are great though. 

Casters are probably the reason most of us watch lol. There are some good games though.

Miss Gaskin :(. Onset should sub.

• Upvote (+1) 1

theres a lot more to a player than his accuracy and stats. totz held it together and clutched up when it counted placing 2nd multiple times

He placed well because of team chemistry, I'll give him that. He had a step ahead of every other team out there because of his house. But I'm just talking about in terms of his play. He had some intangibles but he wasn't particularly good at all in comparison to the rest of the top 8.

Rather than assuming the worst, I am going to hope this means that we see a full sandbox re-balancing. Neighbor did say in here at one point that good things were on the way from the sandbox team. Fingers crossed that major changes are on the way. The talk of public testing for feedback makes me wonder if they are looking to make changes game wide, not just HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He placed well because of team chemistry, I'll give him that. He had a step ahead of every other team out there because of his house. But I'm just talking about in terms of his play. He had some intangibles but he wasn't particularly good at all in comparison to the rest of the top 8.

In H3 a good shot wasn't that important, H3 teams consisted of 3 guys and a godly sniper and the team that had better chemistry the best sniper won.

No streams unfortunately. The players generally don't like that. We do have the America's Minor happening here this weekend (and Nairo Saga) and ECS has filmed the whole season out of our studio. It's fun having all the casting talent in-house all the time.

Bootcamps in genral though: I would love to organize a big pre-event LAN for Halo and stream it a la TLN. Even just for fun. But what's the point if they'd technically be playing online anyway? Our internet makes it almost as good as dedi's, but still.

I'm watching the Minor now! Great stuff you've been doing in CS:GO with the Superweekend back a few weeks ago and the ESA Showdowns. I've always loved the venue and hope to see Halo come back one day!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Totz was the worst player among the top 8 teams, probably top 16 but I'm being nice. He was an interesting personality and a nice dude who had his moments. But he just wasn't particularly good.

that was the argument when he first got on a top 8 team.

Towards the end of the H3 that changed. People moved from saying that to, if I was able to lan and practice again the caliber of player Totz does, I would be as good as him too.

sounds like you're just jealous of his privilege. there is NO denying he was fortunate to have the funding and ability to play with the best but at the same time that is totally dismissing the objective. he was not the worst player in the top 8. someone who is the worst in the top 8 does not beat a team that looked unstoppable two events in a row and coined a god squad (ie instinct - cloud, roybox and elamite)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well at least this means there not just going to arbitrarily add them back hopefully the pros fight to keep current settings I don't think anyone wants to see splinters, automatics, back in competitive.

There's just no reason to have autos

@@TheSimms

Since Gaskin isn't going to be casting Pro League anymore any chance they can bring on Onset as his replacement/subs for Pro League.

Yes please!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Well at least this means there not just going to arbitrarily add them back hopefully the pros fight to keep current settings I don't think anyone wants to see splinters, automatics, back in competitive.

If ARs are added back in as a starting weapon in any form (even if nerfed), we NEED to boycott or something. We cannot regress that fucking hard.

Just thinking about the possibility makes me mad.

He's not coming back to the pro league, working on a TV show now

Massive congrats to @@Gaskin, though! :D

• Upvote (+1) 4

I out pistoled him once on Rig TS a few weeks ago and he rage quit. I'm not convinced yet.

Are you correlating rage quitting with people's level of maturity? Cause I think for one reason or another, we've all rage quitted before.