CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

everything as in ..

"Everything you need to know about him gets summed up in this video" as in an overstated phrase equivalent to " the following video illustrates a prime display of the attitude problems people had with Demon D that largely contributed to a negative perception shared by multiple members of the competitive community that you, @lgs cubanex, have inquired into". Sorry for the hyperbole.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't care what the placings say, any team that drops Ola for Totz must be on drugs. Now, everything that happened after that first tournament doesn't really count though, because half the team with Ola was gone. I think in the long run, that same TD team with Totz would have placed even worse than 5th. Let's be real here, SK was the actual problem anyway.

Hysteria, Neighbor, Ola, and Best Man might have actually won a tournament.

FB on the other hand did it right. They dropped Totz for Ola. Smart guys.

Yeah....but totz had the sweetest basement

• Upvote (+1) 1

First off, these videos are always cool. They'd be perfect for downtime. Secondly, can someone tell me what the fuck Roy is doing in that first clip?

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is a waste of time and effort. Just like any other attempt to capture classic Halo in a game that has abandoned classic Halo. The majority of people who really would of wanted this have all left the game. Same thing happened in Reach. 

No one is coming back for this, especially not in the age of 100GB games. At least with Reach you could pop in a disc to see if it was worth your time to play the classic list. 

The population will be poor. I think the Reach list was somewhere between 800-1500 players. At this point it just seems like it'll be ammo to say "the numbers show classic Halo is not desired compared to H5." 

100% agree. Classic playlist are a failure before they launch, I mean "Classic" already has this negative stigma around it and we all know this is going to play so poorly with the H5 sandbox.

And btw you just triggered a major nostalgia train, I loved that Reach Classic playlist. Even though it had Needle Rifle starts (for anyone wondering this was the only way to get no bloom gameplay at the time) and consisted only of gray Forge maps it was a blast to play. You're right though that the popluation was garbage. It was like 2k the night it launched and then never went over a few hundred again.

When you're posting that the only 2 teams to win events in the last 15 months possibly making a team change

10xhu90.gif

This is almost exactly what happened when Optic/CLG picked up Lethul (EG was clearly at the top, CLG mostly 1-2, a couple lower placings though).

Granted the situation is a little different, because NV/OG picking up Shottzy wouldn't be the same as taking a player from the other team, but to say that the two teams at the top wouldn't make a change just because they're finishing 1-2 every time is a stretch.

Especially if nV comes out on top in another major tournament IMO.

This is almost exactly what happened when Optic/CLG picked up Lethul (EG was clearly at the top, CLG mostly 1-2, a couple lower placings though).

Granted the situation is a little different, because NV/OG picking up Shottzy wouldn't be the same as taking a player from the other team, but to say that the two teams at the top wouldn't make a change just because they're finishing 1-2 every time is a stretch.

Especially if nV comes out on top in another major tournament IMO.

EG wasn't clearly at the top, they only won 1 of the online qualifiers. The move made by CLG was brilliant, poached the only player that would leave the twins at the moment, and caused chaos 3 days before roster lock.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

EG wasn't clearly at the top, they only won 1 of the online qualifiers. The move made by CLG was brilliant, poached the only player that would leave the twins at the moment, and caused chaos 3 days before roster lock.

I see your point.

I wasn't really giving any weight to the online cups, I was just looking at 'LAN' events. But since H5 was a new title I see why online cups play a factor on determining whether or not EG was still at the top (considering they were clearly #1 at the end of H2A). 

I hate discussing politics here but twitch chat alongside serious politics is insanely funny

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know I'm not going to ever play this "classic" playlist. I'm interested in playing a classic halo game, but like others said not in playing classic halo in halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That OG defeat to Splyce was their 1st loss in 18 series  :ace:

Didn't they lose 2 at Daytona? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That OG defeat to Splyce was their 1st loss in 18 series  :ace:

I should honestly just never browse this site on mobile with all the accidental negs I give people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a waste of time and effort. Just like any other attempt to capture classic Halo in a game that has abandoned classic Halo. The majority of people who really would of wanted this have all left the game. Same thing happened in Reach.

No one is coming back for this, especially not in the age of 100GB games. At least with Reach you could pop in a disc to see if it was worth your time to play the classic list.

The population will be poor. I think the Reach list was somewhere between 800-1500 players. At this point it just seems like it'll be ammo to say "the numbers show classic Halo is not desired compared to H5."

This is not the age of 100 gig games. Outside of 343 made games the biggest game I've ever seen on xbl was 60. Most games are below 30.

"Everything you need to know about him gets summed up in this video" as in an overstated phrase equivalent to " the following video illustrates a prime display of the attitude problems people had with Demon D that largely contributed to a negative perception shared by multiple members of the competitive community that you, @lgs cubanex, have inquired into". Sorry for the hyperbole.

that clears it up and makes a lot more sense. thanks

Nice to see others also feel that H3 stuff is a waste of time for Halo 5, stop frankensteining my nostalgia and just give me what I and many other fans actually want. E3 is just a few days away, H3A probably isn't happening since it's just an obvious want by fans.

for all the work that'll have to be done to make h5 maps feel and play like h3, they may as well remaster h3, even if its only multiplayer on that disc, and be done with it

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just hope there are no Halo announcements in this E3...or to be specific.... I hope there is no H3A at all announced.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

H3 maps in forge will automatically play like trash unless 343 modifies the Halo 2 BR, call it the Halo 3 BR, and make it less effective at range (no bullet magnetism and projectile come to mind please don't kill me). Long 1v1's are as important to the feel of H3 as much as the lack of abilities. If they do that, then it is only likely, as opposed to certain, that the maps will play like trash. 

• Upvote (+1) 1