CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wasn't Moses or compl3x that brought up the Twitter name? Glad to see it finally happen

I'm sure multiple people mentioned it before. But it's really just common sense
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Did it really take this long to realise that 3 letter acronyms are ambiguous and not a very good marketing strategy for Halo esports lol.

Did it really take this long to realise that 3 letter acronyms are ambiguous and not a very good marketing strategy for Halo esports lol.

BBQ Olivers doesn't stand for Barbecue.

And that fucks me up.

And that fucks me up.

My night is now ruined. 

Thanks, Audley. 

UcWol4v.png

They're gonna add the AR and Splinters back mannnn.

It would be typical 343 fashion for them to put autos and splinters back in the game despite the fact that no one wants them to.

However I'm going to play devil's advocate here and throw out an idea (an idea that I don't actually believe): in the paragraph above it says 'addressing issues based on feedback collected, and balance data collected from all Halo 5 matchmaking'.

Is it possible (no) that 343 recognizes the benefit of removing autos (lol) from playlists other than HCS, such as FFA (doubt it) or doubles (no chance)?

Also I find it interesting that he didn't mention radar specifically.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want splinters back. I liked the purpose of them. Would be better if they had a timer like plasmas instead of instant explosion. That was the only issue

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll probably get negged to hell for this, but I don't think it's impossible to have autos in Halo that actually work well within the sandbox.

I'm not really optimistic (given some of the comments they've made publicly regarding their approach to balancing weapons), but I'm going to keep an open mind and I'm curious to see what they have in mind.

I think well designed autos would be good for making the HCS playlist more enjoyable for players at the low end of the skill pool w/o harming dynamics at the high end.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'll probably get negged to hell for this, but I don't think it's impossible to have autos in Halo that actually work well within the sandbox.

I'm not really optimistic (given some of the comments they've made publicly regarding their approach to balancing weapons), but I'm going to keep an open mind and I'm curious to see what they have in mind.

I think well designed autos would be good for making the HCS playlist more enjoyable for players at the low end of the skill pool w/o harming dynamics at the high end.

If the Storm Rifle didn't have inexplicable levels of tracking for red reticule, it'd be the most "fair" -- I think for autos to work in an environment with a single-shot hitscan utility, autos have to be projectiles to be fair.

And that fucks me up.

same with allegiance...and now im hungry

original_mbbq_logo0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

People seriously shit on what Sal does in game. Dude is one of the best power up/objective players in the game.

he also goes -9 in every TS, i dunno man

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's sad reading org sponsor decks (in this case Northern Gaming winner of RLCS Season 3 finals) and have them mention expanding into Gears and CoD and no mention of Halo in sight. 

Shows how the mighty have fallen and how the young have grown. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

<3 ily

*disclaimer - my post is purely about my event experience. I did not watch the streams so I have no comment on production other than I was impressed with the venue's set up. This post will sound overly excited, but it's because I was overly excited all weekend. I tried my best to introduce myself to everyone and make the most out of the event and honestly got more out of it than I ever expected.

There's like no way I can condense my Daytona experience write up. I tried twice and it just goes on forever explaining why it was important for me and the Halo CE guys, what happened each day/night and the stories I have with all the various people I met. I actually saved what I wrote even though it was nowhere near completion so if anyone is really bored and cares than I can send it your way. No joke, like this is long as it is so you can only imagine how long it was before.

This event was amazing for me for many reasons. I have tried to get a CE side station at MANY events from H4-H2A by contacting many TO's, offering to pay out of pocket and not receiving much or any support. It was amazing to have this finally happen after so many years thanks people like @Goldenboy, @@StrongSide and @@PROVERB. They played a large role in pushing for this idea to happen then making it happen. The whole thing was basically a dream come true and 13 year old me would freak the fuck out knowing that I got to play CE with/against @Ghostayame @Walshy @@Lunchbox and others. Victory X was on at one point, and a few others stopped by. On Friday morning a lot of pros came to check out the station and watch.

What was crazy is many people were thanking us for being there meanwhile we felt we should be thanking them for having us. I met a lot of the 343 guys as well and they were also excited that we were there. With Josh Holmes leaving I was worried I wouldn't be able to have any direct contact with someone higher up at 343, but turns out Chris Lee is just as receptive and possibly even a bigger fan of Halo CE due to his very long term history with the Xbox brand. One of my favorite OG games is Whacked!, which it turns out he made so I instantly fan-boyed over that. (It was the very first XBL arcade game, that was a mash up of a beat em up third person cartoony quake) Anyway, I was able to play a 2v2 WITH Chris Lee against @@Lunchbox and it was a lot of fun. He seemed to really like the training mode that was created to help teach people the game.

I met @@Unyshek and GrimBrotherOne who were awesome and always pleasant to talk to. Theres so much more to the Halo universe out there than just competitive CE and it's cool to see people who are passionate about the entire franchise. Got some top tier Warzone strats from Unyshek. Despite me being a competitive player go look at my profile for H5. I was a dirty warzone kid for quite some time and am proud. I also met @@Tashi and was able to talk to him a lot despite him constantly running around the floor. Often had to walk and talk while he was doing something but always gave me the time of day whenever I approached him.

I get that it has somewhat become a meme on the forums of the whole "But they're nice" thing, but it's true. I'm not saying any of this to take away any faults made or issues that people have, but just know that if any of you are actually able to attend an event you don't have to be worried about approaching these guys. This goes for a lot of the pros as well. I think it's really important that these people are approachable and friendly. I remember being 13 and approaching pros like they were celebrities. It can be nervous for a kid, and any old school player knows that if you approached Walshy or Side back in the day they would always hear you out and make you feel good. There's many people I can name that fit this description but I know I would leave many out by accident. I will name Pistola though. Most humble/approachable guy in the HCS who will literally make you feel like family.

random stuff:

• Met Colek who I've known for 10+ years. Used to refresh MLG Open Bracket Results to see if him and heinz advanced and would go on XBL to tell my friends lol. Now I was able to cheer him on in person
  • Met Showtime who I didn't realize is the same Showtime I played Halo 2 with and lives 7 miles away. Took 10+ years and 1000+ miles to meet him
  • Got to play CE with various Halo Legends
  • Had a LAN room in the hotel with an open door, like back in the day where you can wander the hotels and find various mini LANs
  • Met tons of amazing people, many of which were surprisingly old school like 04/05 that were simply there to watch.
  • Met @KnightyKnight and @@Sandman who are such vital pieces of the community. These guys deserve major props for all their work.
  • Got drunk with numerous pros and personalities within the community. This was AMAZING
  • One of them was @@Cratos who I was really interested in talking to. I enjoyed talking to him and he seems like he would talk to me the same as he would talk to anyone so I appreciate him essentially being real and not fake. All my IRL friends talk mad shit to each other so I actually think him and I would get along well lol. Never thought that going into the event.
  • For fucks sake I love all the EU casters. I just wish I got a chance to talk to @@Onset more before sunday but was able to talk with @@TheSimms and @@Wonderboy a lot.
  • I met Frank O Connor and talked about the Halo CE guys and stuff. He also seemed thankful for us being there and keeping a game we love alive. I literally stopped him on the street by himself at like 11:30 and introduced myself lol (no shame) He told me to go down to the bar with the 343 guys and tell them he sent me and to put it on the 343 tab.

That doesn't even cover the majority of the stuff that happened this weekend. I had numerous numerous conversations with many pros and personalities and it was just too much to share. Some I really wanted to talk to but didn't get the time. I think the only time I was able to talk to @@Naded, I was WASTED in the elevator by myself and he came in solo and I just started to fanboy and embarrass myself. It was great to see Heinz and Towey who I knew back in the day, as well as meet and talk with tons of AMs that I recognize. I seriously felt like i knew 50+75 people there. People would randomly come to the CE booth and say "wheres teapot?" I honestly believe that a lot of this has to do with THESE forums here that give me the ability to promote this stuff and support CE/Halo in general.

Sounds cheesy but what I enjoyed most this weekend, besides that nail biting finals series, was the ability to go grab 4 players standing around, ask them to come play Halo CE and teach them how to set up the games what they want to look out for and just let them go to town. I'm far from a top player that should be giving such specific competitive advice, but I've always had a really strong passion for teaching people how to learn/play various games. Ive started MANY "Adopt a Noob" programs throughout many games. It would be a dream come true if somehow they added Halo free play stations (1, 2, and 3) to future events that I can work and help show and teach people those games. I think I almost overdosed on nostalgia this event lol. 

People seriously shit on what Sal does in game. Dude is one of the best power up/objective players in the game.

Yet your team improved massively when you dropped him.

I want splinters back. I liked the purpose of them. Would be better if they had a timer like plasmas instead of instant explosion. That was the only issue

that and not instantly being able to kill a player.

Blocking area - good

Being a get out of jail free card - not good

And what Chad said about not having autos as starting weapon. Autos are fine, just players opting to use them over precision weapons because they're over powered isn't that fun to watch

It's sad reading org sponsor decks (in this case Northern Gaming winner of RLCS Season 3 finals) and have them mention expanding into Gears and CoD and no mention of Halo in sight.

Shows how the mighty have fallen and how the young have grown.

Dude Halo died 7 years ago wtf are you talking about, this is reconstructing.

Assault Rifle was on Lockdown for H2A.

Autos have never been a problem, it was the overpowered-ness of them in H5.

Also, I think if they're brought back (and properly balanced), keep them to map pickups.

No more of this nonsense autos starting weapons.

They were also in Halo 4's comp settings towards the end as on-map pickups. 

I'm still concerned they're gonna add them back as a starting weapon.

Yet your team improved massively when you dropped him.

they also picked up 2 of the best players in the game. El Town is a really good player, but it's pretty clear that Snipedown and Huke are overall better.
  • Upvote (+1) 1