CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Those are not clear. They could have easily been shoulder shots. Even if you were to slow it down and prove they were headshots, this clip kinda just shows the nature of online shooters, really not noteworthy at all. They weren't total blanks because you got hitmarkers.

I know heavy aim exists for many people, and I know shot registration can be spotty in this game, but shit like this is why I can't take most of the complaining on here seriously.

The mods shouldn't let this thread become an angry-impulse-complaint box for every single instance in which someone loses some gunfights in matchmaking.

Jesus Christ, the mental gymnastics from the fucking people in this thread gets tedious. You can slow it down in the player itself. This is not CS. The head is not a small target in Halo 5. And even if it was, neither of those were misses.The shot registration is just SHIT. Fuck, you people are desperate to pretend gunfights have much at all to do with skill. It's honestly sad, but I guess I shouldn't expect much else from a community still trying to come up with excuses for this series being a complete joke as a competitive title for 3 straight major releases. I guess most all of the people with standards have moved on.

​Don't mind me. Just go back to pretending this game isn't a complete waste of time. How about some team change gossip for that scene on Microsoft life support and struggling to maintain a respectable top 16?

Nah dude, every time I lose a gunfight is because heavy aim, blank shots or "shitty servers". And every time I skip around is because "shitty servers", I have a perfect connection.

Maybe try this kind of snarky bullshit when you're defending a game that isn't a massive joke and demonstrably garbage? Oh, right, you're too busy coming up with inane reasons that scores of better games aren't worth your time while you play 150ms ping H5 and tell yourself it's a competitive shooter.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 25

Neighbor replacing SK instead of Heinz would have probably created drastically better results. It also would have changed the entire history of MLG Halo Reach teams.

All just personal opinion of course.  

I always thought if they had picked up someone like shockwave instead of keeping SK around in 09 they would've been easily the best team. I mean really they blew it when they won an event in 08 with Hysteria/Snip3down/FiS and somehow Snip3down ended up not on the team. That team was SK/Hysteria/Snip3down/FiS which is oddly enough 3 of the best players to ever play H3. He was replaced by Mackeo after that event. Low key one of the worst team changes ever. Really just go through all of their team changes in H3 lol its a tragedy

• Upvote (+1) 1

They didn't do worse in their tournament with SK and without Ola, so it's not like it was some suicidal team change.

But you are right in that they didn't improve until after SK was gone.

My point, though, is that... as much as people say "TD dropping Ola is the dumbest decision of all time." -- they didn't actually get worse.

By comparison, Str8 Rippin from Late H3 to a few events into Reach:

aaef70b33e216fd7b28b7101669c5685.png

And Ryanoob's placings after being dropped from Str8:

b01e65edf7bfa2b3cc63d4def3e098a8.png

He went on to beat the damn God Squad.

If Hysteria's Xbox didn't freeze TD would've been guaranteed top 3 at Nats. They were better than their placing at that event and it's unfair to use that placing in an argument that they didn't get worse.

They went from dominating the 09 season and placing below 2nd only once (with a huge asterisk) to being an average top 6 team that managed 2nd once after beating a tired Instinct.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I always thought if they had picked up someone like shockwave instead of keeping SK around in 09 they would've been easily the best team. I mean really they blew it when they won an event in 08 with Hysteria/Snip3down/FiS and somehow Snip3down ended up not on the team. That team was SK/Hysteria/Snip3down/FiS which is oddly enough 3 of the best players to ever play H3. He was replaced by Mackeo after that event. Low key one of the worst team changes ever. Really just go through all of their team changes in H3 lol its a tragedy

Dropping Snipedown for Victory X after getting 2nd at San Diego 08 (a decision made by Mackeo) was pretty bad too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you value perceptions over results/facts?

The results are that they finished 8th (not 5th)in Columbus at their only event with SK and Totz on the team at the same time. One event after kicking ola.

Ola went on to 1st/2nd the rest of the year with FB 

I'll follow your logic in almost any other scenario but Totz was not a very good Halo player. Neither was SK. They placed worse right after dropping ola for Totz. Then they dropped SK the next event and improved from there.  Maybe replacing SK with Bman had a more positive effect than the negative effect of dropping ola for Totz? Sure, Maybe. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The results are that they finished 8th (not 5th)in Columbus at their only event with SK and Totz on the team at the same time. One event after kicking ola.

Oh, shit, you're right.  EsportsWikis' Triggers Down page let me down. @@ahawowow

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh, shit, you're right.  EsportsWikis' Triggers Down page let me down. @@ahawowow

No worries.

I actually do follow your logic of results over perception, but comparing Totz and Ola in H3 is insane. Not even a real big Ola fan.

Trading Totz for Ola is the equivalent of dropping Steph Curry for Kyle Korver.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, shit, you're right. EsportsWikis' Triggers Down page let me down. @@ahawowow

Strategic fake news planting to mess with your analysis.

• Upvote (+1) 8

No worries.

I actually do follow your logic of results over perception, but comparing Totz and Ola in H3 is insane. Not even a real big Ola fan.

Trading Totz for Ola is the equivalent of dropping Steph Curry for Kyle Korver.

But that gaming house setup tho

• Upvote (+1) 2

Inb4 someone tries to spin this as a negative for 343

Stop throwing money at this dead game.

Put the money towards balancing the speed of that sweet, sweet sprintless h6

/dreams

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ace to TL makes the most sense, but could also be Saiyan... LG is not a good team to be on rn, given their record and possible retirement of Ninja with huge H1Z1 prize pools on the way. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prize Pool increase is welcome news.

I think the Crowd funding initiative would be more exiting of we "the crowd" knew what our contributions were.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow I'm actually surprised it's way more than i was expecting

Same

But them smurfs though

Interesting thought that popped in my head today:

Why don't we have some low effort skins for the pistol? (inb4 where are the eSports skins)

Boomco is one of the most popular skins (or used to be) that a lot of people loved simply because it was lime green.

If they released like a "basics" skin pack for pistol, that included some all one color skins, would people buy it? I know I would definitely buy a pack of pistol skins if it meant I could have an all white pistol or all blue pistol.

Similarly you could expand on that for "texture" skin pack for gold plating, silver plating, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ace to TL makes the most sense, but could also be Saiyan... LG is not a good team to be on rn, given their record and possible retirement of Ninja with huge H1Z1 prize pools on the way.

How long have people said ninja is about to retire?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting thought that popped in my head today:

Why don't we have some low effort skins for the pistol? (inb4 where are the eSports skins)

Boomco is one of the most popular skins (or used to be) that a lot of people loved simply because it was lime green.

If they released like a "basics" skin pack for pistol, that included some all one color skins, would people buy it? I know I would definitely buy a pack of pistol skins if it meant I could have an all white pistol or all blue pistol.

Similarly you could expand on that for "texture" skin pack for gold plating, silver plating, etc.

There is A LOT you could do with weapon skins. The ones we have are 99% pure garbage and it's pathetic. I've never seen uglier weapon skins in my life. Ruptive? FADE? The skins that they actually released makes me question everything about their art team. I remember seeing an episode of the sprint talking about how much effort they put into the skins and it's hilarious seeing how they turned out. Take a look at COD camos and then look back at H5 and cry. It's soooooooooooooo bad.
  • Upvote (+1) 6