CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Bad Dub

Figured I'd ask here, since I have no other place I ask about Halo related things - did 343 ever realize top down maps to use for their match events API?

Their API gives you coordinates for kills, deaths, etc. but those are rather useless without the maps they are basing the coordinates off of.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shooter fills an important niche on Splyce. Nobody is a really vocal player when it comes to direction and team strategy. When you watch them scrim or play, Shooter is by far the most vocal. Let's not confuse that with him being the most talented player on the team.

Is he the weaklink? No, he's not.

Is he the best player on the team? No, he's not.

Pistola is probably the "worst" player on NV, and depending on the day, Frosty or Lethul are the "worst" players on Optic, but people don't discuss dropping them from nV or OpTic.

Not saying Shooter is as good as those guys, but when you're a top team and performing at a high level, why make a team change for a negligible change stats wise, but potentially huge negative change team wise?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Interesting question. I think EG picking up Ogre 2 instead of Ryanoob takes the cake.

I still think the team with Ryanoob instead of 2gre had a ceiling of 5/6, as opposed to the 7-8 the team ended up being.

EG beat optic with VicX, (*Online) then dropped him for Stellur and had to play lights out to avoid relegation.

I think the VicX dropping was more ill-advised because the team found some success together before dropping him.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Denial dropping Huke was way worse (although at the time no one knew how good he was going to get).

I remember there being controversy around this, but yeah, Denial going with Dev/Contra over Bubu/Huke was probably worse than anything mentioned so far. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Bad Dub

Figured I'd ask here, since I have no other place I ask about Halo related things - did 343 ever realize top down maps to use for their match events API?

Their API gives you coordinates for kills, deaths, etc. but those are rather useless without the maps they are basing the coordinates off of.

They released map overheads but I don't think they are tied to the API and those cool coordinate stats.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to assume the high buyout is ace, and they're going to pluck apg instead. He did team with stellur and eco before.

Renegade and Shotzzy are flashier. In the case of Shotzzy specifically people are just wowed by his movement and he over does it sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, they're obviously good, but clearly better? Come on.

Yes clearly better. If they became free agents shooter isnt getting the call first.

Shotzzy does so many more things than just his movement you guys underrated him.

I remember there being controversy around this, but yeah, Denial going with Dev/Contra over Bubu/Huke was probably worse than anything mentioned so far.

Denial didn't end up with either. Contra and ev got benched for personal and disciplinary reasons, most likely because the CEO didn't want huke to be dropped iirc. So then everyone split and he had to sponsor worse teams.(although cloud made relegation for them)
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Bad Dub

What Infinity said is correct. You still have to some some wonky alterations per map to their co-ordinates to get them to sit nice on the maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's a really high standard of idiocy though. Lol. TD dropping Ola might be the worst roster change in the history of competitive Halo.

Triggers Down's two placings with the last two events with Ola:

5th, 6th

H3 Placings after dropping Ola:

5th (Hysteria, SK, Neighbor, ToTz)

3rd (Hysteria, Neighbor, ToTz, Best Man)

2nd (Hysteria, Neighbor, ToTz, Best Man)

4th (Hysteria, Neighbor, ToTz, Best Man)

Technically, they improved by dropping Ola.

Of course, Ola improved more, because his placings after being dropped:

2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What actually happens when Menke tries to pass on information that would improve H5

098zz1.gif

The last remaining H5 players once Battlefront 2 comes out

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Triggers Down's two placings with the last two events with Ola:

5th, 6th

H3 Placings after dropping Ola:

5th (Hysteria, SK, Neighbor, ToTz)

3rd (Hysteria, Neighbor, ToTz, Best Man)

2nd (Hysteria, Neighbor, ToTz, Best Man)

4th (Hysteria, Neighbor, ToTz, Best Man)

Technically, they improved by dropping Ola.

Of course, Ola improved more, because his placings after being dropped:

2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st.

Ehh I'd say it was way more dropping SK for Bman shortly after. Dude honestly didn't have a shot that belonged in the top 8 in 2010 along with basically all of the other MLG branded "leader/strategy" guys. Which was basically MLG's way of saying poor performers in the top 8 were worth something at the time when they weren't and that's why they basically all ended up outside of the top 8 in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Neighbor replacing SK instead of Heinz would have probably created drastically better results. It also would have changed the entire history of MLG Halo Reach teams.

All just personal opinion of course.  

Ehh I'd say it was way more dropping SK for Bman shortly after. Dude honestly didn't have a shot that belonged in the top 8 in 2010 along with basically all of the other MLG branded "leader/strategy" guys. Which was basically MLG's way of saying poor performers in the top 8 were worth something at the time when they weren't and that's why they basically all ended up outside of the top 8 in the end.

They didn't do worse in their tournament with SK and without Ola, so it's not like it was some suicidal team change.

But you are right in that they didn't improve until after SK was gone.

My point, though, is that... as much as people say "TD dropping Ola is the dumbest decision of all time." -- they didn't actually get worse.

By comparison, Str8 Rippin from Late H3 to a few events into Reach:

aaef70b33e216fd7b28b7101669c5685.png

And Ryanoob's placings after being dropped from Str8:

b01e65edf7bfa2b3cc63d4def3e098a8.png

He went on to beat the damn God Squad.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The last remaining H5 players once Battlefront 2 comes out

Of all the games that are going to poach players from Halo 5, you choose BF 2? lol

• Upvote (+1) 8

With as much as I know about the earlier days of competitive Halo, I know just about nothing, literally, from the Halo Reach era. Interesting to see who played together and what pros stuck out the game longer than I expected.

They didn't do worse in their tournament with SK and without Ola, so it's not like it was some suicidal team change.

But you are right in that they didn't improve until after SK was gone.

My point, though, is that... as much as people say "TD dropping Ola is the dumbest decision of all time." -- they didn't actually get worse.

I don't care if they finished t3 at every event after that. Trading Ola for Totz is the most insane ideas I've ever heard of. Even more insane that thinking your talent can be molded by a 'former conker's bad fur day pro.'

• Upvote (+1) 1

It really sucks there won't be any games this week. Good thing Run the jewels is in town, friday can't come quick enough

Of all the games that are going to poach players from Halo 5, you choose BF 2? lol

This the same guy that says that H5 sniper is harder than The H3 one.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I don't care if they finished t3 at every event after that. Trading Ola for Totz is the most insane ideas I've ever heard of. Even more insane that thinking your talent can be molded by a 'former conker's bad fur day pro.'

So you value perceptions over results/facts?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1