CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

*gets giddy with excitement* 

damn is that whole game of optic vs TL gonna be on vision?

We will lose 2 great casters and big voices in halo the way this community is unfairly flaming elamite and previously t2

Because of some whiny people on this forum we didnt get t2 casting some of the big matches involving str8 which sucked. I think we need to just chill out in regards to the str8 stuff like seriously str8 jave probed consistently they are a top 4 team i dont think they need any special treatment

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We will lose 2 great casters and big voices in halo the way this community is unfairly flaming elamite and previously t2

Because of some whiny people on this forum we didnt get t2 casting some of the big matches involving str8 which sucked. I think we need to just chill out in regards to the str8 stuff like seriously str8 jave probed consistently they are a top 4 team i dont think they need any special treatment

I do think the T2/Str8 complaints were totally baseless. In fact I think its more interesting to hear what he thinks of his team as long as he can keep casting during it and he can. He did well every single time. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This may be unpopular, but I believe team Beyond has a lot to do with Tom even being a caster. Our community rallied behind him last year to get him on the desk after he started casting games on his own stream... he's said it before there's other casters and analysts who have their hands in organizations and it's never been a problem nor do I believe it is, strictly from a caster point of view.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

damn is that whole game of optic vs TL gonna be on vision?

99% no. He's more than likely just editing it down. For those that use Apple, is that Final Cut Pro? If so eesh

I feel bad for @@Elamite because of Kentucky losing to my Tar Heels. Poor kid. 

I'm about to watch my Zags beat up on the DUCKS in the Championship, from 10 rows deep.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm about to watch my Zags beat up on the DUCKS in the Championship, from 10 rows deep.

I was gonna go with my dad, but I start a new job on Monday and gotta finalize some shit beforehand. Go Ducks!

This may be unpopular, but I believe team Beyond has a lot to do with Tom even being a caster. Our community rallied behind him last year to get him on the desk after he started casting games on his own stream... he's said it before there's other casters and analysts who have their hands in organizations and it's never been a problem nor do I believe it is, strictly from a caster point of view.

100% agree.

Still would hate for him or elamite to just say fuck it im not casting anymore. And what about pro league now. Str8 will play every week so does that mean they dont cast any weeks at all??

• Upvote (+1) 1

Simple tip that maybe some of yall don't know, WHO KNOWS. I found out after season 1 and was dumbfounded

https://youtu.be/EiQRBJCzimw

I feel so bad for you not knowing that lmao. The rail is easier than the pre patch snipe and quick shooting it is one of the biggest reasons why. I can't imagine actually charging it up fully

I feel so bad for you not knowing that lmao. The rail is easier than the pre patch snipe and quick shooting it is one of the biggest reasons why. I can't imagine actually charging it up fully

Its awful I wish it on no one 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its awful I wish it on no one 

I told my cousin about this months ago and he freaked out about how easy it was. Lol he kept complaining that he sucked with the railgun and that it wasn't easy. Changed his life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I asked @@GoldenboyFTW on his Twitch stream if he felt the HCS team needed to be reformed to move forward, to which he said that, whilst he understands that a lot of the community are angry/calling for people to be fired, he doesn't agree that this is the right way to improve - rather, the HCS team should be expanded as, in his opinion, the people there are forced to 'wear many hats'.

I thought this was a really interesting answer, and it would make sense that, due to short-staffing, people on the team are forced to be just-OK at many different jobs rather than really good at one job. Perhaps hiring a bigger team would take a load off the current team's shoulders and allow for their individual talent to shine?

Not sure if this is actually the case, but its his view nonetheless and I appreciate the insight he gave having worked with the HCS team many times. Thanks for answering my question dude!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone else really encouraged by that reddit discussion about sprint in Halo? If even their most immersion-focused fanbase is starting to react negatively to sprint, we may be on to something here. I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for E3 so I'll know whether or not Halo is over for me.  :prayers:

Would love to see these sprint-free settings tested in a pro environment but I totally understand why they wouldn't do it. No sense practicing something that 343 clearly has no intention of ever giving a shot. Damn shame, really. A radar- and sprint-free Halo 5 would be super intriguing.

Towards the beginning of Halo 5 I was posting about the negative aspect of sprint. Things like the way it forces maps to be designed, the fact that it's usually used defensively, etc. I'd get into long winded discussions that would end up with me receiving 100's of downvotes. Over the past few days there's been much discussion in /r/Halo, I've been posting very similar points, with the opposite outcome. People are starting to change their thinking when it comes to sprint, or at the very least consider differing opinions. I doubt it will have any practical impact on the development of Halo 6, but possibly Halo 7?

The title of the optic gaming stream changed. Could be seeing it soon. It's called Repeat.  :intensifies: