CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A friend of mine who works in IT said you lose a lot of speed with these and that wireless would probably be as good or better. Have you actually used it? Is there a significant speed loss?

I've used a powerline adapter for almost a year, gets speeds about 2x higher and is more reliable than Wifi.

Then do it. Use the magic clip machine. I am an evidence based person. Do I doubt that this kind of shit is happening? Of course not, that would be stupid.

Do i doubt the severity and consistency of these issues? Yes i do. Bullshit happens to me in the game too, but not any worse (recently) than any other game i have played that relies on the grand ol' interwebs.

That doesn't mean anything of course, just because something lies outside my realm of experience certainly doesn't mean it's not true. But the people who are claiming that its so much worse than every other game out there need to show evidence of this. 1) to convince people its true 2) to demonstrate the use case under which the shit was happening to help identify the problem. If its local, the community can help solve it. If it's verifiably not, then spam 343 with it.

I definitely know where you're coming from in that hard evidence could actually spur action and its dumb to blame connection or servers for plain bad performance.

That said all i can do is compare h5 to other online games ive played, titanfall 2 and overwatch. I quit playing halo as around november bc of titanfall. At launch it had around 25-30k players. Nothing great and probably comparable to h5 now. I rarely if ever felt and sort of lag, saw skipping, or had much issue with shot registration. There were definitely times when those issues surface but they were few and far between and the game stayed fun.

With ow i do notice when shots are off especially with soldier's rockets or roadhogs hooks. I have noticed issues lately where some servers are just bad causing a disconnect. Placements this season have seemed to be way off around the board even though there hasnt been an announcement about a change in rank calculations. Again this is recent and with a large game.

H5 seems to be defined by inconsistencies whether wonky aiming, poor server connections, or crazy bullet magnetism. Its not a game i can play anymore after aying a game that feels like it works. Yes every other online game has its issues but none that ive played have felt so wrong

Guys 343 already proved that the aiming in the game is random. Nothing should be a surprise or "hard to believe" after that. Hell PRESSING START ACTUALLY HELPED FIX AIMING. This whole game is fucked from the ground up. Stop getting mad at each other and get mad at the bullshit game we have. It's broken.

pressing start didnt do shit

• Downvote (-1) 13

I don't know why no one's made an API to track playlist population. I haven't looked into it too much. But seems like a pretty straight forward process of fetching game data for each match from the API and tallying up the number of unique gamer tags. 

There has been one for like a year now. Unfortunately it hasn't reset in almost 3 seasons. Last one was like 60-75k gamertags that played a game in Team Arena back in January ish. With like 60% not getting ranked.

http://halotracker.com/h5/csrbreakdown

The best we have is 135,000 gamertags have played the HCS list since it came out...(it should count the "HCS Summer Preview" playlist and possibly the "Proving Grounds" one). Assuming that's accurate, they don't maintain/update the site at all anymore, Halo is dead etc.

And here we have 2 clear red reticle head shots IN A ROW not counting.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DamnationGurl/video/31513173

So I can shoot someone in the toe and get a headshot with the sniper rifle, but a precise headshot with the pistol and it doesn't count?

Just 343 things I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Except they literally confirmed that pressing start used to fix the aiming, and they removed that functionality when they realized it...

Wait, I thought there was some unrelated update which had that effect. You're actually telling me they intentionally patched this functionality out?

So the only player from 2Gre's daycare not on a pro team is Articc, right?

Shotzzy - Splyce

Saiyan - LG

TB - EG

Its crazy that no one has picked up Articc considering the three players above are the best players on each team they play for.

Dude, just buy 100ft ethernet cable(if you really have a long ways to go) for $13.

g1xc8Mp.jpg

Then run them along your trim with these:

RGrzJPT.jpg

Best reliability. Cheaper. What more could you ask for?

Got the long cable already (ha), but it has to cross a hallway, otherwise I'd have done this by now. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, I thought there was some unrelated update which had that effect. You're actually telling me they intentionally patched this functionality out?

You heard it here first second

The pistol is weird in general. Idk if it's the recoil or bloom or what, but you can fire in the exact same spot and only have half the bullets hit.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/My%20namez%20BEAST/video/32088396

And I would post the 55 clips with blanks but we all know it's an issue so that would be redundant.

Could it be due to being outside of red reticle range? Then maybe a hit isn't guaranteed? 

Could it be due to being outside of red reticle range? Then maybe a hit isn't guaranteed?

Yea it definitely involves being in white reticle. But even then, if shots hit sometimes, shouldn't they always hit given I'm not moving the stick? It's inconsistent which could be a factor in why so many medium range gunfights involve someone swearing they hit the headshot. And this is with people not moving at all, I can only imagine how it can get when people are flying around.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

So was that Rayne on a new acc in the scrim yesterday?

Service tag was RYAN apparently. Speculation is that they're running with someone else.

Yea it definitely involves being in white reticle. But even then, if shots hit sometimes, shouldn't they always hit given I'm not moving the stick? It's inconsistent which could be a factor in why so many medium range gunfights involve someone swearing they hit the headshot. And this is with people not moving at all, I can only imagine how it can get when people are flying around.

Well on the bright side, our questions and concerns will be met by 343 with absolute radio silence. So at least THAT is consistent.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Service tag was RYAN apparently. Speculation is that they're running with someone else.

Makes sense. I always thought Rayne was the weak link on TL even though Tiberius has argued that he was their best player.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Makes sense. I always thought Rayne was the weak link on TL even though Tiberius has argued that he was their best player.

I've never said Tim is the best player on TL.

When someone said Spartan was the best player on the December roster, I said, "You need to watch more Rayne gameplay."

• Downvote (-1) 3