CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Really surprised that Rayne would be the odd man out on Liquid, given previous comments from Subzero (& Tibby). Of the players on Str8, LG, & Ronin, who would be the top pick? Leaning towards Ace since he's more of an all-rounder, but could also be Danoxide since Stellur/Eco played with him on S1 Liquid

Edit: "LatestMedusa" had the worst stats on Liquid in their 6-7 loss to Splyce last night. Could be a Rayne alt  :kappa:

Edit: "LatestMedusa" had the worst stats on Liquid in their 6-7 loss to Splyce last night. Could be a Rayne alt :kappa:

That's some 5D chess. Scrim on an alt and play worse than yourself so you don't get dropped. :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

You know people joke about this all the time, but I'm 90% sure we will see a Halo Hero shooter and/or wallrunning in Halo the next few years.

Remember when people used to joke about ADS being added to Halo? I mean Frank literally posted this minutes before the H5 reveal:

Lo and behold, they had already added ADS and all of Advanced Warfare's mobility options to H5 at that point.

It's not so much joking as it is a PTSD coping strategy.

Are there even 20k playing Halo 5 lol?

I don't know why no one's made an API to track playlist population. I haven't looked into it too much. But seems like a pretty straight forward process of fetching game data for each match from the API and tallying up the number of unique gamer tags. 

Isn't snipedown having issues with packet loss at the moment?  If he still is and the collision information never made it to the server, nothing 343 can do about that.

and yeah I know thats not logical AT ALL im just a shill,  blah blah blah.

I posted something about this yesterday, ive been having issues that look like packet loss without measurable packet loss since this update has happened.  I mean like blatent blank shots and a lot of skipping around, and i honestly think its server based because its not consistent with every game, or at least some games are worse than others.  Could very well be something up with my internet but i am seeing more and more people saying they are seeing similar things. 

It could very well be that the servers are so bad now that any small internet related issue is much more noticeable than before or something, but something is not right

So, after months of dealing with frustrating player skipping and disconnects, I decided to double check all of my internet setup for my Xbox.

Lo and behold, my ethernet cable was faulty and showing as disconnected, and I've been playing on Wi-fi... in a crowded apartment building... this whole time... The next games I played were pure ecstasy. I'm not nearly as terrible as I thought, and the secret to hitting shots cross-map is to not play on wifi.

This was me last night during my first game:

i-can-see.gif

I posted something about this yesterday, ive been having issues that look like packet loss without measurable packet loss since this update has happened.  I mean like blatent blank shots and a lot of skipping around, and i honestly think its server based because its not consistent with every game, or at least some games are worse than others.  Could very well be something up with my internet but i am seeing more and more people saying they are seeing similar things. 

It could very well be that the servers are so bad now that any small internet related issue is much more noticeable than before or something, but something is not right

O i should mention i also play on wifi, so my experience with this game will be and always has been worse than it needs to be

O i should mention i also play on wifi, so my experience with this game will be and always has been worse than it needs to be

I don't know if this is an option, but a lot of people don't know that this technology exists, and it works wonders:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Powerline-Adapter-Starter-TL-PA2010KIT/dp/B00AWRUIY4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496771427&sr=8-2&keywords=power+ethernet+adapter

Basically ethernet through your power grid.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So, after months of dealing with frustrating player skipping and disconnects, I decided to double check all of my internet setup for my Xbox.

Lo and behold, my ethernet cable was faulty and showing as disconnected, and I've been playing on Wi-fi... in a crowded apartment building... this whole time... The next games I played were pure ecstasy. I'm not nearly as terrible as I thought, and the secret to hitting shots cross-map is to not play on wifi.

This was me last night during my first game:

i-can-see.gif

I can guarantee that many of the connection problems that people attribute to "the game" could actually be fixed locally. Perfect example.  I really feel like people have forgotten what it was like playing p2p back in halo 2 and 3.  it seems like everybody actually knew more shit about how the internet works back then and now people feel more entitled to perfection without putting in any work.  Ideally we would have a hybrid system that actually worked properly.  Dedis most of the time, but if you lived in a weird location or the population was off, p2p could be used for a better connection.

I would also bet that most of the time that someone feels like they got a blank shot, they actually just fucking missed.  I remember when theater mode was actually accurate thinking, "oh fuck that guy, my shot didn't register!!" then going and checking theater and 80% of the time, i had just fucking missed.  Unfortunately we don't have an accurate theater anymore and people don't remember to save clips.  Granted that means that 20% of the time the shot actually didn't register, but that's more "normal' at least.

I don't know why no one's made an API to track playlist population. I haven't looked into it too much. But seems like a pretty straight forward process of fetching game data for each match from the API and tallying up the number of unique gamer tags. 

I think @@BadDub looked at this previously and its not as easy as it looks iirc?  

Unfortunately its hard to take connection problems seriously when playing on wifi.  Sooooo many more variables that are hard to control for.  Gotta find a way to play wired then go from there.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This guy wins

I would throw good money at this without even blinking.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can guarantee that many of the connection problems that people attribute to "the game" could actually be fixed locally. Perfect example.  I really feel like people have forgotten what it was like playing p2p back in halo 2 and 3.  it seems like everybody actually knew more shit about how the internet works back then and now people feel more entitled to perfection without putting in any work.  Ideally we would have a hybrid system that actually worked properly.  Dedis most of the time, but if you lived in a weird location or the population was off, p2p could be used for a better connection.

I would also bet that most of the time that someone feels like they got a blank shot, they actually just fucking missed.  I remember when theater mode was actually accurate thinking, "oh fuck that guy, my shot didn't register!!" then going and checking theater and 80% of the time, i had just fucking missed.  Unfortunately we don't have an accurate theater anymore and people don't remember to save clips.  Granted that means that 20% of the time the shot actually didn't register, but that's more "normal' at least.

You know, except for the fact that you can just switch to basically any competently made, modern game and get better performance, even on wi-fi and P2P. And blank shots are piss easy to verify on a system where you can record video clips at will. They literally happen constantly. And a lot of the "blanks" are straight up center mass body shots that don't do damage. Seems like a stretch to say you missed when you get 5 or 6 hit markers, their shields don't pop, and then you die to a perfect (a medal that would be a lot more satisfying in a better game). And it's made even worse by the shots that randomly connect that are CLEAR misses. Like when you get a "perfect" kill in a fight where you missed a shot half way through, but the game didn't notice. 1v1s are a joke in H5, but people really want to believe that gun skill and a good strafe really matter that much. It's easy to tell what should have hit, because H5 when it's working properly is generous as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think @@BadDub looked at this previously and its not as easy as it looks iirc?  

Unfortunately its hard to take connection problems seriously when playing on wifi.  Sooooo many more variables that are hard to control for.  Gotta find a way to play wired then go from there.

Its doable put you have to have a list of gamertags that are playing halo and constantly iterate through their games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a good chance you're right. That being said, Halo Tracker has implemented the basis for this with division breakdowns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343, HIRE THIS MAN

I'm like 99.9998% sure that 343 probably just contracts out skin work.

Ain't nobody want to keep artists on staff.

So maybe they could hire this guy...

Explain what this does, and can it work with extension cords?

tplinkamz_TL-PA211-7.jpgtplinkamz_TL-PA211-8.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory.

• Upvote (+1) 2