CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What the hell is going on in here?

I can only speak for myself. I am drunk.

My best piece ever.

qFGpKs4.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

As you can see, I can barely work this thing. I guess I've just been skimming since worlds and it's been the same thing. Haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to know why ESL and 343i had an entire year to lock down an acceptable venue, and we ended up at Burbank. That's it.

The only logical explanation is this.

2016 - 2.5 Million dollar prize pool / Raleigh Studios in Hollywood for the Worlds

2017 - 1 Million dollar prize / ESL "Campus" in Burbank for Worlds

MICROSOFT DID NOT GIVE THEM A LARGE BUDGET THIS YEAR.

I dont know the numbers but its concerning that Halo is not getting or making enough money for good events. We have a decent event in 2016 because Halo 5 was still new and REQs paid for a lot of the costs and Microsoft went all out. BUT they just can be spending money like this with out any returns. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I guess I'll get us moving along to the next subject...Ninja playing H1Z1. Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess I'll get us moving along to the next subject...Ninja playing H1Z1. Thoughts?

Good business move. 

/end

• Upvote (+1) 2

I truly don't understand how a single person can think that AR starts are good for competitive settings. At least I can see some kind of argument for radar even if I think the argument is bad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

All seriousness. Haven't really played proving grounds. What's the difference with radar? Doesn't show as far? And only show up while thrusting/pounding? Or is sprint included?

I just want to know why ESL and 343i had an entire year to lock down an acceptable venue, and we ended up at Burbank. That's it.

On a somewhat positive note somebody ripped off a section of the no sprint video I made and turned it into a gif. It's now got 750 upvotes and is the top post on /r/halo.

DizzyNegativeAmethystsunbird.gif

Halo 3 No Sprint - 7.53

Halo 5 No Sprint - 10.46

Halo 5 Sprint - 8.43

Halo 5 120% - 8.53

Top post on reddit?  The stars are aligning...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone else really encouraged by that reddit discussion about sprint in Halo? If even their most immersion-focused fanbase is starting to react negatively to sprint, we may be on to something here. I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for E3 so I'll know whether or not Halo is over for me.  :prayers:

Would love to see these sprint-free settings tested in a pro environment but I totally understand why they wouldn't do it. No sense practicing something that 343 clearly has no intention of ever giving a shot. Damn shame, really. A radar- and sprint-free Halo 5 would be super intriguing.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I need to stop watching that gif because it's making me long for that old Halo feel and gives me false hope that we one day might return to a no sprint Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone else really encouraged by that reddit discussion about sprint in Halo? If even their most immersion-focused fanbase is starting to react negatively to sprint, we may be on to something here. I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for E3 so I'll know whether or not Halo is over for me.  :prayers:

Would love to see these sprint-free settings tested in a pro environment but I totally understand why they wouldn't do it. No sense practicing something that 343 clearly has no intention of ever giving a shot. Damn shame, really. A radar- and sprint-free Halo 5 would be super intriguing.

I actually do think we will return to a no-sprint Halo, but (edit: I don't think) won't be Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

is 120 playable? looks sort of ice skatey

does anyone know if the pros are even trying new settings?

With strafe and forward acceleration set to 120% I thought it felt fine. Footsteps sound a bit comical though.

Im playing pistol starts with no radar. Its a thing of beauty  :fire:

Stream? Would love to check it out.

Beam is built in to Xbox One now...easier than ever.