CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone remember that video about 343 talking about "who they wanted to work with" for the HCS? I can't seem to find it.

I can't find this shit, hopefully someone has it saved.

Some Top Gears players may disagree with you.https://mobile.twitter.com/KennyBounce/status/850709530308751362

Edit @@Batchford if you want in air control they could and grappling ho.... oh god no.

They're just mad because Gears 4 brought in a lot of dumb shit to the game that compromises it (gears ue is the best) and they have a right to be. Its skill gap is still massive compared to Halo. Just like we could say Halo 2 is easy as hell coming from CE but it's still not cod.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess I stand corrected, but the amount of movement options that are legit is really cool. Gears 4 has that weird grab over cover gimmick that seems super pointless, doesn't really add anything.

Balancing TTK in Kenny's case is difficult, as it's a balance of ease of use and strength. Always thought Gears shotty was a good balance hence why I am genuinely surprised at him saying the game "has no skilgap" considering I can't pull off half the shit they do consistently against good players.

If they add grappling hooks to Halo I would laugh really hard in a bad way, but what I meant is air strafing. Would be super hard to implement with a controller, so if it's not possible just stick to refining what Halo has now instead of adding Clamber and Spartan Charge to my game.

A while ago, Quinn replied to a tweet that he'd liked to experiment with strafing while auto-stabilizing. That could be one possible implementation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A while ago, Quinn replied to a tweet that he'd liked to experiment with strafing while auto-stabilizing. That could be one possible implementation.

That sounds awful, that Quinn thinks it will be "cool" is not surprising at all. 

As long as 343 are in control, Halo will never be popular again. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Since heavy aim is fixed now, can we use forge maps or no? 

What is the point in contracts when players can just complain on social media when they dont like what they signed to try and force the org to void the contract? This seems to be happening a lot.

There needs to be some sort of governing body that explains contracts to the players, ensures that orgs dont take advantage of the players, holds players to their contracts, and acts as arbitration for contracts disputes.

There needs to be some sort of governing body that explains contracts to the players, ensures that orgs dont take advantage of the players, holds players to their contracts, and acts as arbitration for contracts disputes.

Prior to all that we need a game that is attractive to a large number competitive minded players and a tournament system that makes sense.

Once the scene is self sustaining- the emergence of such a governing body would be a natural progression.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is the point in contracts when players can just complain on social media when they dont like what they signed up for to try and force the org to void the contract? This seems to be happening a lot.

This is society in general now, where social justice (ie witch hunting and twitter wars) actually has a more meaningful impact than legal justice (ie courts and contracts and, y'know, the law).

Kinda pathetic, but in some cases, it's totally the player's fault. However, because they can get the twitter fans riled up and the social media picture in their favor, they get away with anything. In Gunless's case with eunited(?) they are legally correct in not allowing him to leave because he agreed to the contract. For whatever reason, there seemed to be some kind of nudge nudge wink wink agreement on the side, which was not put into writing and signed by all parties. 

Somehow, people ae angry at the org instead of the player who agreed to something that wasn't fully vetted by the contract he was signing. 

RE: A governing body

Players need a union, and since Halo is so small, it would probably be more useful to have competitive gamers in general (across games) form a union to protect against predatory contracts and organizations. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gears of Wars individual skill gap reminds me of CE when you get the shottys out as in it's the true utility weapon (I know the game is a bit annoying online but hey it has LAN).

Halo's devs have always promoted "team skill" instead of individual, when promoting the individual doesn't hamper team skill in the slightest. Look at Rocket League for a good example or Gears.

Making the individual stronger >

Over the years, I strongly prefer games that let the individual shine. Makes me sad to see that Destiny 2 is going towards team shooting, Halo-style combat with a slower TTK.  

The problem with forge maps is that they cause lag in general/ drops in frames
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Prior to all that we need a game that is attractive to a large number competitive minded players and a tournament system that makes sense.

Once the scene is self sustaining- the emergence of such a governing body would be a natural progression.

Those are good points but i was thinking something that was for esports as a whole since many orgs are involved in multiple games and the comtract issue is present across the board. It would probably have to have divisions by countries because of differing contract laws but if we want this to be taken seriously we need to get contact disputes off twitter

Those are good points but i was thinking something that was for esports as a whole since many orgs are involved in multiple games and the comtract issue is present across the board. It would probably have to have divisions by countries because of differing contract laws but if we want this to be taken seriously we need to get contact disputes off twitter

I think title specific governance would be better for players and orgs. The reason being, different scenes are going to have different needs and acceptable terms.

If the community slayer playlist is a good indicator then no. Frame drops seem to be a cause of heavy aim

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just glad nobody tried to defend COD's skill gap. People wonder why Optic COD is so prone to "choking" and to me it has always been obvious that it is because their recent games have been random as hell. (not that COD4 was significantly better or anything)

H5 has a pretty large skill gap, especially in regards to team play, imo. It could be far greater in regards to showcasing individual skill, (Evolved settings for instance), but 343 doesn't seem very interested in going down that route. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm just glad nobody tried to defend COD's skill gap. People wonder why Optic COD is so prone to "choking" and to me it has always been obvious that it is because their recent games have been random as hell. (not that COD4 was significantly better or anything)

H5 has a pretty large skill gap, especially in regards to team play, imo. It could be far greater in regards to showcasing individual skill, (Evolved settings for instance), but 343 doesn't seem very interested in going down that route.

Optic losing big money events isn't an aberration anymore. They don't play as focused. Whether it's nerves or pressure, it has nothing g to do with the game

A lawyer?

• Upvote (+1) 2