CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Making a team skin for an "AM" team with a small org might anger larger orgs that haven't received skins yet, but it could also provide incentive for more small orgs like OS to get involved in Halo.

Fixed  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

or maybe those games just have a lower skill gap

but i agree that we need more international opens and inclusion of eu + latam teams

Didn't think of it that way with the skill gap. But with the way international teams are treated in Halo at the moment it's hard to see them make a dent in NA. And that's disappointing
  • Upvote (+1) 2

but i agree that we need more international opens and inclusion of eu + latam teams

I honestly think that if eu teams were able to play na teams on a regular basis we'd see them close the gap the 5th- 8th place teams

• Upvote (+1) 3

CoD:IW for sure is pretty random and apparently had issues on one side of the stage but regardless Splyce still deserved their win. 

Gears I believe has a pretty good skill gap in relation to individual skill (movement, aim, and map knowledge) and team skill (weapon placement, rotations, communication) that it would prevent the skill gap from causing lesser teams to beat better teams by randomness. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I honestly think that if eu teams were able to play na teams on a regular basis we'd see them close the gap the 5th- 8th place teams

it would take a few years but i think so too, the thing about NA halo is that NA has obviously been played at a higher level for a way longer period of time so imo our top players are entrenched in those top spots for a reason, barring a few exceptions of course

Anyone remember that video about 343 talking about "who they wanted to work with" for the HCS? I can't seem to find it.

Gears skill gap is much, much bigger than Halo 5. Sorry

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Gears of Wars individual skill gap reminds me of CE when you get the shottys out as in it's the true utility weapon (I know the game is a bit annoying online but hey it has LAN).

Halo's devs have always promoted "team skill" instead of individual, when promoting the individual doesn't hamper team skill in the slightest. Look at Rocket League for a good example or Gears.

Making the individual stronger >

More or less. It's a great showcase of both individual and team skill. Good fair movement tech too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gears actually makes a perfect argument for empowered individual players in team-based shooters. GoW4 at high levels has a heavy team positioning and crossfire element that could be compared very easily to Team Shot Halo. The difference is that the Gears equivalent of the utility weapon has maintained its hyper-lethality and, with the movement system, allows for crazy 1vX scenarios (and not shoot two people from behind/the side and 1v1 the third). Effective strategy becomes a lot more flexible when every player can make a huge impact without constantly relying on their team for help. As much as casters try to hype up every no scope body shot, that really doesn't happen in Halo 5, aside from power weapons sometimes.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I did not sell out when I became a "Professional" Halo gamer

big mistake

(just for the record i've spent maybe 4 hours watching gears and cod collectively, i was only suggesting that the skill gap was lower, not stating it as fact)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

big mistake

(just for the record i've spent maybe 4 hours watching gears and cod collectively, i was only suggesting that the skill gap was lower, not stating it as fact)

IW for sure is random because of a lower skill gap. However, BLOPS 2 and even Ghosts had a dominant run from CoL/EG.  (Not saying CoD in general has a good skillgap cos it doesn't, just comparing games in said series).

OpTic usually run train in GoW4 until Lava left the team, which can cause some randomness as they have to adjust to Ivy who is just as sick, but is still new to the team.

I will always love and support Halo, but hot damn, Advanced Movement is not the way to go. If you're gonna make movement interesting, add air control if possible.

Make a classic game and watch as the fire is relit for this franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 5

big mistake

How do you stand watching Gears for 4 hours?? That shit gives me headaches
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gears of Wars individual skill gap reminds me of CE when you get the shottys out as in it's the true utility weapon (I know the game is a bit annoying online but hey it has LAN).

Halo's devs have always promoted "team skill" instead of individual, when promoting the individual doesn't hamper team skill in the slightest. Look at Rocket League for a good example or Gears.

Making the individual stronger >

Some Top Gears players may disagree with you.https://mobile.twitter.com/KennyBounce/status/850709530308751362

Edit @@Batchford if you want in air control they could and grappling ho.... oh god no.

Some Top Gears players may disagree with you.https://mobile.twitter.com/KennyBounce/status/850709530308751362

Edit @@Batchford if you want in air control they could and grappling ho.... oh god no.

I guess I stand corrected, but the amount of movement options that are legit is really cool. Gears 4 has that weird grab over cover gimmick that seems super pointless, doesn't really add anything.

Balancing TTK in Kenny's case is difficult, as it's a balance of ease of use and strength. Always thought Gears shotty was a good balance hence why I am genuinely surprised at him saying the game "has no skilgap" considering I can't pull off half the shit they do consistently against good players.

If they add grappling hooks to Halo I would laugh really hard in a bad way, but what I meant is air strafing. Would be super hard to implement with a controller, so if it's not possible just stick to refining what Halo has now instead of adding Clamber and Spartan Charge to my game.

• Upvote (+1) 1