CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Watching RLCS this weekend, you can link your account and unlock in-game items without having to redeem anything...#Passion

When they had the free weekend on steam I downloaded the game and went into the tutorial mode. The map had ads for the event that weekend all over it. Guess what I did that weekend

My fucking god even the scraped chocolate is green.

I wouldn't expect anything less from him haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Gears has been averaging over 20k viewers on the first day of their event from what I have seen. Have our numbers been close recently?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So Gears has been averaging over 20k viewers on the first day of their event from what I have seen. Have our numbers been close recently?

Our Worlds was. And for all intent and purposes MLG vegas is Gears' worlds. (Although maybe they have a world event later this year). Their method of getting viewers is amazing and super smart by getting both casual and competitive players to watch. The Gears esports team is unmatched. Even COD I think falls short of them.

Edit. WELL if you believe the twitter numbers then we got around 80k concurrent day one across all platforms. But idk.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't expect anything less from him haha

Are you that guy who went 30/12/9 against NV with all 3 flag caps on CTF Truth? That was insane.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We got a million people on twitter once....

• Upvote (+1) 5

Our Worlds was. And for all intent and purposes MLG vegas is Gears' worlds. (Although maybe they have a world event later this year). Their method of getting viewers is amazing and super smart by getting both casual and competitive players to watch. The Gears esports team is unmatched. Even COD I think falls short of them.

Edit. WELL if you believe the twitter numbers then we got around 80k concurrent day one across all platforms. But idk.

MLG Vegas is practically their worlds. 

Largest prize pool.

Largest attendance. 

Last event in the season. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

20k on day one, we were short of them numbers a bit.

Gears is doing the whole grass roots bit properly, they also are attracting the casuals properly with nice skins and raffles, not these garbage gold packs rng SMG skin number 15 (that come with free heavy aim)

Gears has a fantastic team development and MLG just so jealous right now, gears is bigger than Halo right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Clap What we're MLG Vegas team numbers? I read something about 200 teams qualified through pro points? How many teams turned up to play?

We struggled to get 40 teams (of 4 gears has 5)

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Clap What we're MLG Vegas team numbers? I read something about 200 teams qualified through pro points? How many teams turned up to play?

We struggled to get 40 teams (of 4 gears has 5)

They have just over 40 teams in Open - http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg-events/brackets/vegas-open-2017/gears-of-war-4-open#Open-Winners

What you're thinking of was not qualification, it's more like a mini event at Microsoft stores where you go down, pick up the sticks and play for free schwag and some 'pro points' - https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/microsoft-retail-store-launch-tournaments-May27

Either way Gears is firing on all cylinders, good for them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They have just over 40 teams in Open - http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg-events/brackets/vegas-open-2017/gears-of-war-4-open#Open-Winners

What you're thinking of was not qualification, it's more like a mini event at Microsoft stores where you go down, pick up the sticks and play for free schwag and some 'pro points' - https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/microsoft-retail-store-launch-tournaments-May27

Either way Gears is firing on all cylinders, good for them.

Thanks for the links 43 open and 16 champ bracket pros, not bad nearly 300 players.

Thanks for the links 43 open and 16 champ bracket pros, not bad nearly 300 players.

That's pretty impressive participation... teams of 5 too instead of 4 like halo.

If 343 + ESLs vision is just wrong for Halo esports- I'm definately jealous of what the coalition and mlg have been able to do to grow their scene.

That's pretty impressive participation... teams of 5 too instead of 4 like halo.

If 343 + ESLs vision is just wrong for Halo esports- I'm definately jealous of what the coalition and mlg have been able to do to grow their scene.

Yeah i always laugh when people blame it on microsoft but gears shows that its just 343 not doing enough for the scene. Free play in ms storesfor points to participate in the lan events is such a cool idea

Its crazy watching gears and knowing that scene is in a better position than us when that was such a crazy idea when mlg started running it. Goes to show TO quality matters

Well, that's what happens when one of the world's most incompetent developers are doing Halo. If it wasn't for Microsoft's money and protection, 343 would have shuttered their doors already. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, that's what happens when one of the world's most incompetent developers are doing Halo. If it wasn't for Microsoft's money and protection, 343 would have shuttered their doors already.

And to be completely honest, maybe thats what needs to happen. Then just give the ip to someone who will care for it because continuing to support this dev is not working and is driving the halo brand into the ground. There have to be devs that would love to work with a name that would be guaranteed to sell and take care of the game at the same time

I'm currently re-watching H2A HCS and it's crazy how with the severe limited map pool it still doesn't get stale as quickly as H5, because there are five gamemodes instead of the same old TS,SH,CTF all over again. 343 PLEASE get KotH, Ball or Assault in there or add some Forge maps at the very least. Even with new settings H5 is so boring to watch because of how repetitive things are.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm currently re-watching H2A HCS and it's crazy how with the severe limited map pool it still doesn't get stale as quickly as H5, because there are five gamemodes instead of the same old TS,SH,CTF all over again. 343 PLEASE get KotH, Ball or Assault in there or add some Forge maps at the very least. Even with new settings H5 is so boring to watch because of how repetitive things are.

Game type variety especially, CoD has more game type variants overall (though we have more customization possibilities) and it sucks that our comp scene is left with three, one of which is beyond tiring to watch. (Slayer)

In all honesty how does gears throw out so many skins? Does mlg help for tournament theme or is it all the coalition's hard work?

was gonna say the quality was too high for 343, it would have made the other skins look trash in comparison

You are telling me you don't love EG's beautiful skins.