CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've said it before, but the biggest barrier to any kind of CE/Classic Halo revival is that the Halo competitive community has ALWAYS cared more about "newer" than "better." No matter how much bullshit that includes or how god-awful the latest game is, the majority of effort and energy will be invested in the latest FPS with "Halo" in its title. It certainly doesn't help at this point with Microsoft dumping money into its half-assed H5 scene, but I don't foresee this problem going away. Your best bet is trying to influence the latest title and make it good (still hasn't happened with H5), because 90% of "competitive" Halo players/fans will never give a shit about anything else. Everything else will always be niche, even while pros complain endlessly about how big of a piece of shit the latest game is and how much they miss their favorite entry in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

(I believe CS players tried this at some point as well).

CS 1.6 outlasted CS Source and died a peaceful death in 2012, 8 years after the community was supposed to 'move on'. $472,040.95 From 41 notable events in 2012 and that's just the top level competition.

With it being such an old game the infrastructure has always just been there in some form to be able to play domestic level which feeds into the international scene. I'm signed up for season 25 of ESEA with my IRL friends, even though there's not a chance in hell we'll finish near the top of Open we're happy to pay to have that structure and service provided:

• Professional: No Fee
  • Premier: $39.95 USD + ~$9 p/m for ESEA
  • Main: $19.95 USD + ~$9 p/m for ESEA
  • Intermediate: $14.95 USD + ~$9 p/m for ESEA
  • Open: $9.95 USD + ~$9 p/m for ESEA

I honestly don't see this happening in Halo which is sad because it's a completely self-sustainable way of keeping the game going without dev involvement. There's too much of a stigma against online competition.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love this stuff, maybe we can get this instead of daydreaming about fiesta tourneys

• Upvote (+1) 5

InB4 "Ppl are saying I shut off my xbox. Where's the power button to shut off my Xbox?" Cratos video.

How the fuck is he in the pro league but not Commonly?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the fuck is he in the pro league but not Commonly?

Commonly isn't tight with Showtime.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you miss 100% of the shots you dont take - michael scott

As a non-native english reader that proverb is so confusing (take = catch) and logical at the same time. khzwGVy.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Love this stuff, maybe we can get this instead of daydreaming about fiesta tourneys

They always have something cool going on. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

RLCS Worlds starts soon, you guys should definitely check it out. Always super entertaining.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd watch 2v2 H1 tournys but I could honestly never really get into the 4v4 vids. Although I'm pretty sure this was the first Halo video I watched:

Blew my mind at the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember borrowing my grandma's credit card so I could get video on demand for Halo 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd watch 2v2 H1 tournys but I could honestly never really get into the 4v4 vids. Although I'm pretty sure this was the first Halo video I watched:

Blew my mind at the time.

ryu from that vid still plays h1. tho he only comes for 4s. It's his favorite. 

Danoxide isn't the problem. It's clear they're playing too slow, but that won't fully change unless something happens with the core 3, and Heinz would be the order man out. EG shouldn't make a change but if danoxide got dropped, I'd think about it for sure.

Rayne needs to play better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Halo audio guy has gotten a new job at MLG.

Had a bad mic and experiencing distorted audio on stream

Danoxide isn't the problem. It's clear they're playing too slow, but that won't fully change unless something happens with the core 3, and Heinz would be the order man out. EG shouldn't make a change but if danoxide got dropped, I'd think about it for sure.

Rayne needs to play better.

EG shouldn't drop anyone this season. Let them train and see if they can improve.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Gears is produced so much better than Halo has been recently. It makes me sad, but Happy for the Gears community 

• Upvote (+1) 2