CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just a yearly reminder that Halo 1 is one of the most competitive video games of all time and was/is 100x better than any Halo after. I come to these forums and see the same stuff being said year after year, and people still wait around for things to be different.

Halo 4 launching with killstreaks, loadouts, no descope. Halo 5 having powerful automatics and radar for a better part of a year. Sprint. Reticle lag in an FPS that takes over a year to fix? Rifles with the most auto aim in console history. No new competitive maps in over a year. The problems go on and on and repeat every single new Halo game directed by 343.

Why does it take the smash community ONE game to realize nothing will top Melee, and if a new smash game were to top Melee, it wouldn't be with Nintendo behind the wheels. They didn't sit banging their heads against the wall when they knew deep down nothing would change.

Why are people sitting around waiting for Halo 5 to be a decent game years after launch when we already have the perfect version of competitive Halo that came out 15 years ago.

Look, I understand that certain aspects of Melee and Halo 1 are incomparable. I understand OG Halo 1 isn't playable online unless its through tunnelling systems or a broken MCC. I get there are huge obstacles in the way, but I really think a grassroots Halo 1 movement would take off, granted everyone was all in.

Do people think this is so impossible they are willing to wait year after year of the same crap...willing to settle for a shell of Halo 1 just because it's the current game? The smash community put up with this crap for 2-3 months. Here we are almost 7 years after the launch of Reach, and the forums same the same shit they did 7 years ago.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just a yearly reminder that Halo 1 is one of the most competitive video games of all time and was/is 100x better than any Halo after. I come to these forums and see the same stuff being said year after year, and people still wait around for things to be different.

Halo 4 launching with killstreaks, loadouts, no descope. Halo 5 having powerful automatics and radar for a better part of a year. Sprint. Reticle lag in an FPS that takes over a year to fix? Rifles with the most auto aim in console history. No new competitive maps in over a year. The problems go on and on and repeat every single new Halo game directed by 343.

Why does it take the smash community ONE game to realize nothing will top Melee, and if a new smash game were to top Melee, it wouldn't be with Nintendo behind the wheels. They didn't sit banging their heads against the wall when they knew deep down nothing would change.

Why are people sitting around waiting for Halo 5 to be a decent game years after launch when we already have the perfect version of competitive Halo that came out 15 years ago.

Look, I understand that certain aspects of Melee and Halo 1 are incomparable. I understand OG Halo 1 isn't playable online unless its through tunnelling systems or a broken MCC. I get there are huge obstacles in the way, but I really think a grassroots Halo 1 movement would take off, granted everyone was all in.

Do people think this is so impossible they are willing to wait year after year of the same crap...willing to settle for a shell of Halo 1 just because it's the current game? The smash community put up with this crap for 2-3 months. Here we are almost 7 years after the launch of Reach, and the forums same the same shit they did 7 years ago.

You are my hero.

• Upvote (+1) 2

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙) ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

Instantly thought of that one meme with Shaq asleep and four panels (his two were subtitled "I sleep" and "real shit?" respectively.)

Edit: I'm in full support of a Halo 1 revival. I know places in Southeast Michigan (metro Detroit mainly) that we might be able to get a weekly, biweekly, or monthly H1 LAN. I sold my Xbone months ago and I want to play Halo multiplayer again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tapping Buttons became the best player in the game after getting used to playing against pros. Especially if he's getting molded by Ogre2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A Fhaol Bhig summed up what I was pointing out pretty well if you would like to read that. 

Ok that is all. Thanks for reading and have a great day 

A Fhaol Bhig

Well. That made my day.

It sucks that everyone was heartbroken and I'm glad they felt they needed to make it right, but is he suggesting the mcc has been fixed? Also that has to be poor testing if none of those issues were found.

There should be zero doubt that they were upset with it. Also from what I understand because it was a closed environment  they didn't find out about the MM issues till it launched. Hence why every halo will now have a online beta. MCC could have been prevented if that had happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well he is used to all the previous Halo's with amazing aim (specifically CE/2). H5 aim is still (in comparison) shitty, but it is MUCH improved over what we have been dealing with since launch.

H3 aiming was god awful.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

H3 aiming was god awful.

H3 aiming was fine. H3 bullet registration was god awful.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2. The comment I made was basically a joke, but what I stated is a fact. You can have the opinion that we halo is stale and we need more game modes etc. I just find it funny reading that when I think of the top esports and what they have. ! game mode. and for league 1 map. Now obviously you can just say they are different and shouldn't be compared, but lets not come on here and act like what I said was wrong and I was like mocking you over it. The game play is the problem overall. New maps and game modes would simply hide a problem we have. A Fhaol Bhig summed up what I was pointing out pretty well if you would like to read that. 

Hate to say it but new maps and game modes is how you keep people around at this point. The people who hate the gameplay (from a spectator perspective) are long gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will this be funded by the selling of your "eSports Minor League?"

SMH. I wish. 

why are they showing H3 clips? :intel::intel::intel::intel:

They've been showing that clip for like the last 3 events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly feel bad for vetoed lol. Hes done feedback 100% right for like 2yrs on H5 FFA w/o anyone at 343 giving a shit.

I stopped playing FFA cause I couldn't find games searching expanded even tho I only played my 10 placement matches every month (this was back in 2016), and I haven't played since.