CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You can't go on and on about wanting a dialogue with ESL employees and then, when they call you out on some of the nonsense you post, retroactively claim that you weren't being serious and that the person you're talking to should somehow know which parts of your posts are genuine or not. That's not fair on the person who is trying to engage with you.

I get it, your whole thing is being brash and so-honest-it-hurts and I do genuinely appreciate it when you fight a good cause in the right way, but this 'persona' of yours is not some excuse for a lot of the bullshit you put in your posts as so-called 'entertainment'.

If you want people to be real with you, like we all do, then get real.

The real me is boring and nice, but I mean, I could try it? 

The real me is boring and nice, but I mean, I could try it? 

It's not a case of being nice, necessarily - I am very angry at 343 for the state of the HCS and if only they would open up a channel of communication with us then I would express that anger and frustration to them. However, it's important to be genuine when doing so, because then everybody is on the same page and its easy to work together moving forward.

I'm not saying that the 'Frank The Show' persona is something you should do away with - its part of the Beyond community and a lot of your posts are entertaining - but when you ask people to communicate with you, be real with them when they do so.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude, you guys on the other side of the pond held a tournament at fucking Wembley.  The EU side of Halo went beyond what was expected.

There's no reason you should feel the need to shoulder the brunt of the Fan Aggro from Worlds.  We know EU Halo is headed in a good direction.  They show it.

The NA+Worlds side of things was frankly (ha) an embarrassment this past weekend.  The broadcast was fine, the gameplay was fantastic...but the venue and and tech issues present for a World Championship were unacceptable and if viral memes are the only way that attention can actually be brought to the issues, then I'm glad everything blew up like it did.

But don't beat yourself up over things out of your control.  It's not your fault that you went from WEMBLEY to a food truck garage.

It's also not his fault that the game and it's competitive merits are dying because of it's shit core. (Sprint, Armor Abilities, Aiming, Radar, etc, etc, etc...)

Poor dude is like a hired on 5 star chef aboard the Titanic; there to provide great food and make sure everyone enjoys their time aboard. Except the ship (Halo) is doomed to sink because the captain (343) is determine to travel through treacherous waters full steam ahead, disregarding all the icebergs.

H5 is designed for casuals and the skill gap is basically non existent.  It all boils down to Team Work.  Team based competition is only interesting when the meta makes it interesting.  Sadly, Halo's team based meta is nothing to right home about. Halo is interesting when the individual skill breaks through and stands high above the rest.  Halo is supposed to have more individual skill. It's what makes it fun to play and even more fun to watch. H5 just got that all wrong.  

So I give the chef props for trying, but if the ship is going to sink, it's out of the chef's control.  

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

To me, it looks like you are just your own worst enemy.

I did not work for ESL during last Worlds and that was handled by another party to begin with. The HaloWC rule book did not apply to HCS pro league, and a rule change like that doesn't happen overnight as there are a lot of parties involved. The first qualifiers(which esl did not handle) did not begin until Jan 10th, not sure what 'year' of rules in violating.

You are pretty much admitting you were trying to start a fight, and again, took it immediately public. You speak of messaging like a human being, goes both ways bro lmao.

I want to be active in here, I am a fan of esports just as much as the next person. You, however, post and harass people until you force them to block you, then act like it's a surprise when they do.

It really looks like you just try and chase people away

The idea of me actively trying to chase people away is a new idea in the last month with my thoughts on Tashi's donation and employee practices. 

And my inability to understand when certain rules go into effect and where they apply probably falls into a category of things being unclear when presented by both ESL and 343 Industries in regards to rules, rulings, and format, but admittedly I'm not always the most proactive and up to date on those kind of subjects. 

Also I'm surprised how seriously you're taking all this considering we've worked together before, that one might be on me for assuming you "got it."

It's very much an "alter ego" thing when I turn it up to eleven, and more often than not it's for my own entertainment. 

No one really cared about me acting crazy until people started agreeing with me. 

Also, I was right. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Honestly, I don't understand why Simms would take it personally? I get the passion and he is involved and that is why he is one of the best we have in the scene, but these are really 343 HCS staff, eSports producer and ESL higher up staff issues. It is also more than just the recent venue. Everything about HCS has been less than stellar. Guys like CyRen missing events for the first time because he cannot stay up till 5am EST watching due to poor time management for more than one event, we hear from pros how they have issues like not even being provided water at venues. HCS does not feel like a quality AAA eSports league. This has less to do with the pros, casters, even fans. We have the best casters in the business, some of the best pros who are barely marketed well or acknowledged like they should, and a passionate community that is derided because they no longer want to accept mediocre over and over. We have just finally started to get some in person LAN events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You may have noticed, we still don't have any answers or apologies. Just anecdotes about how the event was great from their perspective.

I appreciate the posts though, better than nothing. Would still like to know what the response to this fiasco is going to be, and what 343 are going to be doing in the future. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

You may have noticed, we still don't have any answers or apologies. Just anecdotes about how the event was great from their perspective.

I appreciate the posts though, better than nothing. Would still like to know what the response to this fiasco is going to be, and what 343 are going to be doing in the future. 

ELAMITE IS A PSYOP. 

Honestly, I don't understand why Simms would take it personally? I get the passion and he is involved and that is why he is one of the best we have in the scene, but these are really 343 HCS staff, eSports producer and ESL higher up staff issues. It is also more than just the recent venue. Everything about HCS has been less than stellar. Guys like CyRen missing events for the first time because he cannot stay up till 5am EST watching due to poor time management for more than one event, we hear from pros how they have issues like not even being provided water at venues. HCS does not feel like a quality AAA eSports league. This has less to do with the pros, casters, even fans. We have the best casters in the business, some of the best pros who are barely marketed well or acknowledged like they should, and a passionate community that is derided because they no longer want to accept mediocre over and over. We have just finally started to get some in person LAN events.

Then you're obviously missing the point. Turns out the faceless orgs so easy to bash have people and faces associated with them. 

The idea of me actively trying to chase people away is a new idea in the last month with my thoughts on Tashi's donation and employee practices. 

And my inability to understand when certain rules go into effect and where they apply probably falls into a category of things being unclear when presented by both ESL and 343 Industries in regards to rules, rulings, and format, but admittedly I'm not always the most proactive and up to date on those kind of subjects. 

Also I'm surprised how seriously you're taking all this considering we've worked together before, that one might be on me for assuming you "got it."

It's very much an "alter ego" thing when I turn it up to eleven, and more often than not it's for my own entertainment. 

No one really cared about me acting crazy until people started agreeing with me. 

Also, I was right. 

It constantly amazes me how cavalier you are, about showing off repeatedly how terrible a person you are.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When you really care about a job or project or anything, it becomes personal very quickly. You can logic it out all you want that it isn't your fault, you still see it that way no matter what.

It's a good thing, it makes you strive to get even better at what you do. But it stings when you feel like you get the blame for others mistakes.

Mad props to simms. Esl are genuinely lucky to have someone like that on their team. Same with Elamite, these are the people you build your time around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ELAMITE IS A PSYOP. 

he seems like a good guy, as does Simms, I just think it's time for some real answers, and not this "I'll look into it" #768 or "we'll do better" #356

• Upvote (+1) 3

Again, I don't think it's really the role of Simms or Elamite to say this. As they were mostly working on the broadcasting, they have every right to say they did their bit.

I agree 343/ESL could do a lot with a statement here though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing but love for Elamite and Simms anyway, both done a fantastic job this weekend, it was an excellent broadcast, just think Halo deserves more.

That doesn't fall on the broadcast team, for me that was by far the best broadcast we've had,

What we want is a change, we need autos to be cut, we need pistol starts with AR as a pick up, storm can stay as a tier 2, SMG and brute can die in a fire.

I for one want MLG but I don't wanna lose any of the ESL broadcasting team, so that sucks.

Just want a real competitive halo 5, change is needed, 343 has to change, I've seen no damage limitation yet and I'm genuinely surprised we've had nothing apart from an apology.

Wonderboy said on stream that these things caused a huge stir. Meetings were being called daily and they wasn't nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and people gave me crap the last time I cut off the drama train :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

and people gave me crap the last time I cut off the drama train :mj:

pls stop censoring me with your agenda :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 9

-snip-

Just when you think Frank saved halo...

Do I have to post another clip of good will hunting today? The one about finally getting something and then getting rid of it so it won't get rid of you first?

I think people who expect a perfect game out of the box are ridiculous. Not saying what we got was a perfect product, but MLG had to do quite a bit of adjusting to get H2 and EVEN MORE for H3 to be viable competitively, that's just how it was done. 

A Developer and Event runner with the best intentions go a long way, and I think if there's one thing we can agree we all want, it's that.

C'mon 343, either shape up, or hand off to people with proven track records in running successful competitive Halo.